Attendances - 2008-09 season

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Attendances - 2008-09 season

Postby Charlie Magpie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:48 pm

Below are the average attendances for Unibond D1 North for last season and for the clubs who will be joining our league for the 2008-09 season.

It is difficult to draw conclusions from these statistics because of the FCUM factor but I have made the following observations;

Last season's best supported clubs have both been promoted so less money coming into the league through match attendances.

Clitheroe and Bamber Bridge both had FCUM at home twice - they will not have that advantage next season.

Halifax are an unknown entity - the fans may get behind the club in a big way so they may get home gates of 1,000+ and a good following away from home, but who knows?

Of the other 'new' clubs, only Colwyn Bay seem to have a decent home average of 281. If you take FCUM out of the equation, Chorley's home average would have been 273.

Will the fans get behind Salford, Trafford and Durham? I expect there will be some improvement.

Newcastle BS have signed 5 players from Gateshead on contracts so it looks like they will be 'going for it' this season. With a local 'derby' against Durham, expect more interest in the Unibond in the north east.

Unibond D1 North Average League Attendances 2007-08

FC United of Manchester 2,086
Bradford Park Avenue 508
Chorley 343
Clitheroe 322
Bamber Bridge 320 Lancaster City 318
Skelmersdale United 296 Radcliffe Borough 240 Rossendale United 228 Mossley 218 Garforth Town 210 Curzon Ashton 205 Newcastle Blue Star 187 Bridlington Town 177 Wakefield 161 Woodley Sports 153
Ossett Albion 153 Harrogate Railway 141

Promoted, relegated and transfered clubs
Trafford 130

Salford City 117

Durham City 159

Warrington Town 121

Colwyn Bay 281
FC Halifax Town 1,348

My prediction for the season's highest attendance is 25th April, 2009,
Chorley V Halifax - last game of season, Chorley will have already have won the championship and Halifax will be looking for a win in order to secure a play-off place.

And then the alarm clock rang and I woke up!!
Charlie Magpie

Return to Chorley FC