Reco...Its raining..

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Reco...Its raining..

Postby Zidane » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Do you think the game will be on?
Zidane

Postby ontheup » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:54 pm

the game was on and chorley won 3-2, goals from shillito, mcgoldrick and amadi.
ontheup

Re: Reco...Its raining..

Postby reco » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:11 pm

Zidane wrote:Do you think the game will be on?

Yes i do ;) ;)

other then that I think it was good game well played from going 1-0 behind we were the better team by far and the team worked hard to pull the three points out of the bag result puts us 11th in the league.
If the night could get any better this is the result from the QED
Bamber Bridge 2-1 Lancaster City :)
also Clitheroe 7-1 AFC Fylde is the other result
Last edited by reco on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reco

Postby Ed » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:12 pm

Another Tuesday night 3-2.
Ed

Tonight's game

Postby Chorlean » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:03 am

Another great, entertaining game, they scored first against the run of play. We created several chances playing attractive football and went in at half time level 1-1. The second half was more even I thought, but in the end the 3-2 result was justly deserved, well done lads, keep up the good work.
Chorlean

Re: Tonight's game

Postby mike1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:26 am

Chorlean wrote:Another great, entertaining game, they scored first against the run of play. We created several chances playing attractive football and went in at half time level 1-1. The second half was more even I thought, but in the end the 3-2 result was justly deserved, well done lads, keep up the good work.

Just for those who missed it, and for our long-distance fans, a brief summary of a cracking game. Mossley's No. 5 put them ahead, against the run of play, with a thumping header from a corner after some 10 minutes but, that apart, it was virtually one-way traffic in the first half and the Mossley defence did very well to preserve the lead until Danny Nolan threaded a great ball through for Lee Shillito to slip it wide of the advancing Peter Collinge. The rain and wind had been behind us in the opening half and we were less convincing for much of the second period. Mossley had a purple patch and missed a couple of very presentable chances to go in front, one effort hitting the post when a goal looked inevitable. Steve Waywell brought on Dan Lloyd-McGoldrick (for the hard-working Nolan) and it proved an inspired substitution, if unexpected perhaps. McGoldrick operating on the left was given too much room and cut inside to fire us in front and then produced a piece of wizardry to tee up a simple chance for sub Reece Kelly which he disappointingly sidefooted wide from short range. Nevertheless we were holding on quite well and a cool bit of work by Chris Amadi in the last minute, when he was sent clear, rounded Collinge and calmly ran the ball into the vacant goal, basically settled the issue, though Mossley did manage to make it 3-2 just before the final whistle. A well-deserved win against a team enjoying a 7-match unbeaten run and defeated only once in 12 (at Halifax) since the big freeze. Credit to both teams for a thoroughly entertaining and sportingly contested game in difficult conditions on an increasingly greasy surface. Amadi's goal was his fourth in the last three matches and takes his total to 11. Unpredicatble he may be, but he's a real asset to the side with his exceptional control and instant acceleration. Let's hope we can hang onto him for next season.
mike1

Postby Paul Brennan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:36 am

Excellent report,Mike.

Two further points -we made Danny Nolan MotM for his great play on and off the ball especially first half, superb through ball and for winning several headers against much taller centre backs!

Also, can anyone clarify the laws on "interfering with play at free kicks"?
The referee we thought was doing OK until he decided to book any CFC player who tried to prevent a quick free kick by standing on, or close to, the ball. As several highly dubious FKs were given in dangerous positions we tried to prevent a threat to our goal, only for at least three players to be booked. Added to the harsh booking for Richie B when he didn't touch the Mossley forward in his tackle outside the box, it did nothing for our Fair play rating.
But surely players are allowed to "stand on the ball" in these situations?
Paul Brennan

Postby MossleySmiffy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:23 am

Some of my better (i.e. less wet !) efforts from last night at

http://mossleysmiffy.jalbum.net/ChorleyMossley23Mar10/

(Good to say "Hi !" to Reco and Julian as well - and I was soooo wet after the game I completely forgot about the calendar !)

Good game in the conditions - right side won in the end I have to say ...
MossleySmiffy

Postby Mick » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:16 pm

Excellent report,Mike.

But surely players are allowed to "stand on the ball" in these situations?

No they are not. Opponents should be ten yards from the free kick. It is a pity more referees don't book players for trying to stop the opposition from taking a quick free kick. Such practice gives the offending team an unfair advantage. You wouldn't expect a player to stand in front of the ball at a penalty kick or a corner.

But after the quick free kick that Porto scored against Arsenal we were told that standing over the ball is exactly what they should have done to prevent the goal being scored.
Stand over the ball - risk a booking
Don't stand over the ball - risk conceding a goal.

At least one of the bookings wasn't just for standing over the ball but was for kicking it away after it had been placed.

Maybe its time to re-introduce the 'moving the ball 10 yards nearer the goal' rule that seemed to be phased out as it didn't always produce an advantage. Maybe it should be re-worded thus. "The attacking team has the option of moving the ball UPTO 10 yards in any direction".
Mick

Postby reco » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:59 pm

MossleySmiffy wrote:Some of my better (i.e. less wet !) efforts from last night at

http://mossleysmiffy.jalbum.net/ChorleyMossley23Mar10/

(Good to say "Hi !" to Reco and Julian as well - and I was soooo wet after the game I completely forgot about the calendar !)

Good game in the conditions - right side won in the end I have to say ...

Nice seeing and talking to you Mike
some of my efforts are here
http://picasaweb.google.com/redcardreco ... yVMossley#
but really the weather was poor to photograph in
Looking forward to next season and some 2 saturday (or daytime) games v Mossley
reco

Return to Chorley FC