Chorley v Preston North End- the jack kirkland trophy

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Chorley v Preston North End- the jack kirkland trophy

Postby reco » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:53 pm

PNE warmed up in style at Bamber Bridge and it has just finnshed Bamber Bridge 1 v PNE 6 the preston goals came from St. Ledger, Treacy, James, Jones, Hayes and Dougan. Nothing to worry about really for firday night.

Anyway my usaul preview for the game here This firday Chorley host Coca Cola Championship side Preston North End at Victory park in the Jack Kirkland Memorial trophy

Chorley have got their first game of pre season under their belt a 1-1 draw at AFC Darwen on firday night, new boy Mark Houghton getting the magpies goal while Preston are yet to get a game under the belt but are set to play Bamber Bridge at the QED stadium on Tuesday night, this is the first time in 4 year that Preston play Chorley and Brig on different nights. But while they are yet to get a game PNE they did have a pre season training camp in Spain.

Preston have been busy in the transfer market Neil Collins has moved up over the Pennines to Leeds United but have brought in Craig Morgan (from Peterborough), Wayne Brown (from Leicester City) and Matthew James on loan from premiership club Manchester United. They have also lost Ross Wallace to rivals Burnley, Neil Mellor on loan to Sheiffld Wednesday.

The last few results from the Jack Kirkland Memorial trophy have been 3-0 (2009), 2-0 (2008), 5-2 (2007), 4-1 (2006), 3-0 (2005) and 4-1 (2004). All going in the way of the deepdale boys.
Last season result as see above finished 3-0 to Preston The preston team that day read: Ben Proctor, Billy Jones, Liam Chilvers, Dominic Collins, callum Davidson (capt), chris Sedgwick, Darren Carter, Barry Nicholson, Adam Barton, Karl Hawley and chris brown. Subs- Connor McLaughlin, Jamie Douglas and owens while Chorley team read: Zac Hibbert, Luke charnley, Karl Brown, Martin Clark, Wayne Madden, Tom spearitt, mike Fletcher, Adam Prince, Danny Nolan and Simon Pemberton
Substation- Johnson, Dodwell, Finch
Only captain Wayne Madden is still at Chorley.

kick off is at 7pm hope to see you down and remeber bring a mate and double the gate.
reco

PNE game

Postby Weldbanker » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:11 pm

I noticed that the BBC text had kick off at 19.45. I hope nobody arrives at half time. :lol:
Weldbanker

Postby Jue » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:31 pm

That will be the people who are trying to get on for nowt!
Jue

Postby al » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:58 pm

what time does t'club open
al

Postby Geoff Haslam » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Club will be open from 5.00
Geoff Haslam

Postby reco » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:58 pm

finnshed 3-1 PNE in front of a crowd over over 1,000 dale whitham got the magpies goal. unsure on team as no team sheet was produced
well played chorley.
make sure you watch sky sports news if u didnt see the game from Dean Porter great save near as good as gordan banks v Brazil:

edit
team: Chorley: Grundy; Woodyatt, Maden, Whitham, Russell; Dorney, Walker, Flitcroft, Ince; Jansen, Houghton.
Subs: Smith, Porter, Porter, Shilito, Vermiglio, Stedien.

Vermo didnt play and stedien must be Stiepen
reco

Postby mike1 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:33 pm

[quote="reco"]
well played chorley.
Vermo didnt play.

In fact, Jamie did play for most of the second half and the side was much better balanced for his composure in midfield. This was a very impressive Chorley display apart from the crucial concession of two 'soft' goals in the opening 16 minutes arising from individual errors at the back. We recovered well and particularly in the second half knocked the ball around with considerable confidence. North End paid us the compliment of fielding a strong line-up and retained many first-teamers into the second half. The industrious Dale Whitham's goal was neatly constructed and finished with a cracking strike from just inside the box. This put us right back in contention and it needed another superb low strike from Preston's always lively Danny Mayor from 25 yards (his second goal of the night) which went in off the post to make the game safe for the visitors. Jonathan Smith shored up the centre of defence effectively coming on after the break and there were lots of positives to take from a very competitive work-out for both teams. The official attendance was 1497 which looked low, given the well-filled areas all around the ground but I understand there were countless complimentary tickets. It was impressive just to see so many spectators and definitely augurs well for a successful season. Congratulations to the ground staff too - the pitch looked an absolute picture after the welcome recent rain had taken any jar out of the well-grassed surface. Great to see John Blackburn with us - he was given a VIP drive to the ground in a Bentley, courtesy of Andy Turner of the Chorley Nissan Group - a really nice touch. And John duly carried out the presentation of the trophy at the final whistle. A great night all round which showed Chorley Football Club in an excellent light. Garry Flitcroft is leading from the front and by example - I understand he was once again working hard at the ground earlier in the day - and if what's on offer so far is any guide then surely the good times at CFC are right back.
Last edited by mike1 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike1

Postby chorleyboy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:34 pm

I think its a fair crowd to be honest, 1.497, though Im not sure that was right, anyone care to put me right?
chorleyboy
MIS Prediction League Winner 2008/09 and 2014/15

Postby chorleyboy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Least we had a respectable result......Lancaster City 1 Crewe 8 :D
chorleyboy
MIS Prediction League Winner 2008/09 and 2014/15

Postby exile » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:34 am

Attendance 1,493 which is a cracking effort and the bar and tea bar were packed so there is a good revenue stream coming from tonight. Vermo didn't play earlier because he got delayed so only arrived with a few minutes to go!
exile

Postby ontheup » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:58 am

exile wrote:Attendance 1,493 which is a cracking effort and the bar and tea bar were packed so there is a good revenue stream coming from tonight. Vermo didn't play earlier because he got delayed so only arrived with a few minutes to go!

Jamie had been to alton towers on a school trip and only got to the ground at 8-30.
ontheup

Postby petermarkcraig » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:07 pm

ontheup wrote:
exile wrote:Attendance 1,493 which is a cracking effort and the bar and tea bar were packed so there is a good revenue stream coming from tonight. Vermo didn't play earlier because he got delayed so only arrived with a few minutes to go!

Jamie had been to alton towers on a school trip and only got to the ground at 8-30.

I didn't realise he was THAT young!
petermarkcraig
Site Admin

Postby reco » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:07 pm

he teachs at a school he told.
reco

Postby ontheup » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:24 pm

reco wrote:he teachs at a school he told.

Don't take him on reco, he's not worth it.
ontheup

Postby petermarkcraig » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:25 am

ontheup wrote:

Sorry ontheup :? Are you having a dig?
petermarkcraig
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:49 pm

petermarkcraig wrote:
ontheup wrote:

That may be harsh Peter, but ontheup calls a spade a spade!
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby ontheup » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:27 pm

petermarkcraig wrote:
ontheup wrote:

just fed up of your sarcastic comments to every post i make when i'm only trying to be helpfull to others. i'll not bother in future......... :x
ontheup

Postby petermarkcraig » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:31 pm

ontheup wrote:
petermarkcraig wrote:
ontheup wrote:

just fed up of your sarcastic comments to every post i make when i'm only trying to be helpfull to others. i'll not bother in future......... :x

Bloody hell mate where's your sense of humour!!!
petermarkcraig
Site Admin

Postby 12th Man » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:47 pm

Evening Peter..... you sarky old digger you :lol:

Just a word on the attendance, I thought it was more around the 1,850 mark that came to see FC a couple of years back. Problem was with the 7pm kick off and the fact everyone seemed to arrive at once (6.15 onwards to be precise) we just got swamped. Normal attendance for Preston tends to be around 600 so we just didn't expect the amount that did come down, with kids for a quid, family tickets and more comps than usual we struggled to cope. To remedy this we took people who had the right money through the side gate which is why the official attendance might seem down on what was actually there.
12th Man

Postby Duke Street » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks for that 12th man. I thought my eyes were deceiving me when the attendance was announced at 1400 and odd. It looked way more than that to me.

It was just great to see so many people on.

The club should have had a decent pay day, what with gate receipts, catering, social club takings etc.

I wonder what we can expect for the Bolton game?

Another attendance pushing four figures would be a great boost to the coffers so spread the word and try to bring a friend if you can.
Duke Street

Postby reco » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:43 pm

i think its mostly likely going to be the second team from Bolton as most of the first team would of made a 7 or 8 hour flight back from USA on thursday i believe so most likely not to have many followers but hopefully those who come will see chorley play well (win), spend some money in the social club and another big pay day for chorley :)
reco

Postby petermarkcraig » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:25 am

12th Man wrote:Evening Peter..... you sarky old digger you :lol:

I was only trying to make someone laugh for forks sake :roll:

:wink:
petermarkcraig
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC