FCUM match - Saturday Sept 10th -ALL TICKET

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

FCUM match - Saturday Sept 10th -ALL TICKET

Postby metz » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:23 am

See website for full details, however to summarise, this match will be al ticket after consultation with Lancashire Constabulary. Fans wanting to purchese one for the FCUM game will have to attend at least one of the next three home games where they will be given a voucher. Fans without a voucher will not be able to buy one for the FCUM game.

Althoiugh we have no past 'history' with the Manchester club, this seems a sensible move to try and prevent the mindless idiots who marred the Chester game last season causing trouble again.

The kick off time may also be moved - details will be announced nearer the time
metz

Postby peebles » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:46 am

Will probably knock the gate down a bit but if it keeps the loons out, it has to be done.

Is there to be segregation? I don't think it's needed personally.
peebles

Postby 2 4 Joy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:52 pm

I don't think there will be any trouble anyway. You won't see any threats on the forums from FC UTD fans like we had with the Chester fans. It seems that having to get a voucher from one of the next 3 games is unnecessary to me and will only reduce the size of the gate. Any idiots who want to cause trouble will do this outside the ground, as they did at the Chester game, although as I said above, I don't think there will be any trouble anyway. I understand that the Police want to make sure that the are no problems after the mistakes they made on 19 Feb, but I don't think issuing vouchers is necessary. Anyway, looking forward to a great game, with a good atmosphere and 2 decent sets of supporters.
2 4 Joy

Postby man in the stand » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:22 pm

I'm a little unsure how this game, being all ticket, affects season ticket holders. Do we need a voucher for a ticket for a game we already have a ticket for? Excuse me for being thick.
man in the stand

Postby peebles » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:57 pm

man in the stand wrote:I'm a little unsure how this game, being all ticket, affects season ticket holders. Do we need a voucher for a ticket for a game we already have a ticket for? Excuse me for being thick.

I wouldn't think so.

Your season ticket proves you're a regular.
peebles

Postby LondonChorleyBoy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:39 pm

This will probably mean that those of us who don't live locally will miss out on this game. It seems a little unfair on the expats? Anybody know if the club will make concessions for those of us can't make the 3 games prior?
LondonChorleyBoy

Postby Fat Boy Slim » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:10 pm

What about the people on holiday, who cannot get to one of the next 3 games...
Fat Boy Slim

Postby Mick » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:09 am

I think this is a real shame. Something like this for the Chester game is a good idea, but we have no history with FCUM and the last time we played them it passed off with no trouble whatsoever, in fact FC supporters marked their visit to Chorley as one of their more enjoyable. For every moron we keep out of the ground with this initiative, we are going to prevent 10 casual genuine supporters from attending. The idiots win again!
If we attend all 3 home games before the match, do we receive 3 vouchers, and if so can we use these to purchase tickets for the 'exiles'.
Mick

Postby Kieron » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:21 am

The worst idea ever. Will exclude far too many people.
This is not how you get people down or convert people into fans.

There would probably have only been 800 on at the playoffs if this had been introduced for that.

This means people who cannot make other games cannot go.
Inviting others, bringing family.....long list

any ideas?
Kieron

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:26 am

I'm sure the club will come back saying it was the Police advice that made them do it this way. I was very surprised to learn this from the club and Lancs Police as we had no problems before with FCUM.

But the tweet made from a Man Utd fan with "#Carnage" coupled with the fact that Man Utd are playing at Bolton at tea time hasn't helped . The papers picked that up and this is the result of both their actions.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Igrapop » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:09 pm

Trust me folks the club had very little choice, it is not what they want to do but the other options available were worse!!
Igrapop

Postby Junction 8 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:15 pm

Whats that all about ..

I'm working Tuesday and go on holiday for a fortnight on Saturday ..

So thats me and my little lad excluded .. :cry:

Will the club accept our train tickets to North Ferriby last saturday, instead.
Junction 8

Postby 3G-CFC » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Junction 8 wrote:Whats that all about ..

I'm working Tuesday and go on holiday for a fortnight on Saturday ..

So thats me and my little lad excluded .. :cry:

Will the club accept our train tickets to North Ferriby last saturday, instead.

Lad has ST? Give Phil a ring, sure it can be sorted.
3G-CFC

Postby Igrapop » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Voucher scheme only applies to non season ticket holders, the club is having to limit away fan numbers & needs a way to stop away fans travelling to the ground & buying a ticket for the home end.

If any of you would like to see it done in any other way put it on here & the club will take your comments into consideration.
Igrapop

Postby wrasse » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:13 pm

No prob wiv it all ticket ESP with the Bolton game but like other posts av said why vouchers! If fcum fans wanted tickets for the home end they will attend 1 of the next 3 games to get a voucher so pointless scheme and will reduce the crowd. Just sell the tickets like we did for Chester, after all there was no trouble in our end! This stupid voucher idea will only fuel tensions between 2 sets of genuine supporters who get on well
wrasse

Postby chewy380 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:37 pm

The trouble against Chester was a result of bad policing, no police in the ground when the fence was pulled down then moving the coaches without telling the fans (thanks to our PA system).

This game was a great opportunity for the club to get a financial boost with a gate of over 2500 minimum. I can understand the decision to make it all ticket, so the police know what to expect . Unless it's cynical ploy to increase the 1st 3 home attendances it's a real shame such draconian measures are being used. I'd be interested to know how FCUM are going to control their ticket allocation & how many they'll get.
chewy380

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Igrapop wrote:Voucher scheme only applies to non season ticket holders, the club is having to limit away fan numbers & needs a way to stop away fans travelling to the ground & buying a ticket for the home end.
If any of you would like to see it done in any other way put it on here & the club will take your comments into consideration.

So there will be segregation?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Igrapop » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:
Igrapop wrote:Voucher scheme only applies to non season ticket holders, the club is having to limit away fan numbers & needs a way to stop away fans travelling to the ground & buying a ticket for the home end.

So there will be segregation?

looks like it
Igrapop

Postby reco » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:23 pm

personally I dont think segration will be in use in this game FC United have visited Chorley 3 times now and they, as I as I know, havent caused any trouble so I cant see anything that would warrent a segration to be put in place and if the worst comes to the worse can we have some decent fecning or barrier please
reco

Postby Prodigal son » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:32 pm

I think that this shows that the club have learned vital lessons following the fiasco against Chester, we don't want morons in the ground who turn up to cause trouble! It is worth trying out a voucher scheme to see how it goes. I think segregation is inevitable as this time there will be a much larger turn out of home support than in previous matches.
Prodigal son

Re: FCUM match - Saturday Sept 10th -ALL TICKET

Postby Mick » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:00 am

This is all wrong - 'All ticket', 'vouchers' ,segregation', these are some of the reasons why football supporters are turning away from the professional game and turning to non-league instead, things like paying cash at the turnstile and mingling with opposition supporters before during and after the game are what makes non-league so attractive to many people. I can see the reasoning behind this move for the Chester game, they are an ex league club with a league mentality (with all the big-club negatives thrown in), FC Utd was formed and is supported by genuine supporters of a 'club' and have been around the non-league scene long enough to know how it works.
It sounds like the reasoning behind the idea is to limit the number of away fans but we have accommodated them all in the past without any problems, we had nearly 3000 at the play-off final without any problems. I can (just about) see the need for all-ticket (to ensure the capacity isnt exceeded) but think vouchers and segregation is taking things a bit far.
Mick

Postby Junction 8 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:46 am

Can whoever just clarify something for me ..

Me and my lad cant get to the next 3 games due to work and holiday commitments..

But my little lad is a Junior Magpie has paid is tenner etc.
So does that mean he can get in against FCUM but i cant because i wont have a voucher..
Junction 8

Postby Paul Speak » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:34 am

If this is a 'Police' decision then obviously there is no way out, although as others have said seems extreme !

If its a CFC decision it makes no sense for the following reasons :

1) With segregation, the measures are identical to those we will have to impose against Chester ... surely we need some measure left for the Chester match to send out a stronger message come February ! Without segregation, there seems little point in making it all-ticket as i doubt the crowd will actually be in excess of the 2950 for the play-off final.

2) As stated in previous posts FCUM supporters are genuine footie fans with no previous.

3) With segregation, there is a massive revenue loss in takings in the club.

On balance, maybe all-ticket without segregation is the best option ... it may speed up entry into the ground avoiding a delated kick-off ?
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby 3G-CFC » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:52 am

Paul Speak wrote:On balance, maybe all-ticket without segregation is the best option ... it may speed up entry into the ground avoiding a delated kick-off?

Good shout Paul.

I do think the police have forced the club's hand on this.

Having an early KO could cause problems though. Manu fans going to the game at the Reebok may decide to come to our match first.
This shouldn't be a problem but due to the past encounters between Bolton and Manu hvaing a early KO may make things more difficult for the Police.

I stopped watching EPL due to all this and KO times all over the place, watching non-league has no hassle/mither to it, now my dad is thinking of not bothering to attend the match even though he bought a ST.
3G-CFC

Postby Pete Rothwell » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:24 pm

For all the exiles/ people who cannot get vouchers due to other issues (such as holidays etc), would it bea good idea to allow either postal or email applications???

Can't exactly see any loonies either have the nouse or motivation to compile a letter or email to the club!

The only people who appear to be losing out are the fans who cannot regularly attend due to one thing or another. eg my wife cannot regularly attend due to looking after the kids etc but is talking about attending the FCUM game but won't be able to as she won't be able to get a voucher beforehand.

I thought we'd buried this ' true fan' mentality some time ago????

We've never had any issues with FC United fans (a few have been giddy with copious amounts of alcohol) but there's never been any threats etc towards CFC and no bother within the ground. We only had trouble at the Chester game due to the months of 'flaming' on messageboards that got out of hand.

Can the Board PLEASE have a re-think and see if there's any other viable solutions?
Pete Rothwell
Site Admin

Postby mattyb » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Would you be able to get in the FC United game with your season ticket are do you have to get a ticket
mattyb

Postby matscott » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:41 pm

Disgraceful!!

Being a season ticket holder this voucher system doesn't matter to me. But my younger brother who works silly shifts can't make every game, came down to football today, asked for a voucher for the FCUM game and was told "sorry mate, we've run out?!"

What the hell? Get it bloody sorted out you shower of.....

How can people get vouchers to buy a ticket if you don't have any?

Today was the first home game of the season and potentially a massive crowd, how, I will never understand, did they run out of vouchers?

Embarrassing!!!
matscott

Postby LondonChorleyBoy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:01 am

Got to go along with Matscott, how come with 2 crowds of nearly 700 and 900 respectively can we say we've run out of vouchers?? Further more with this ridiculous scheme, we should only expect about 1000 Chorley fans including season ticket holders. How many fans of AFC Fylde turned up for the play off final of nearly 3000, 250 at the most. This shows the potential of what crowds we can get with encouragement. Major balls up by comparing this to Chester!
LondonChorleyBoy

Postby Jue » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 am

Martin, I'll correct you, it was our first Saturday home fixture.

I still don't see why this fixture has been made all ticket. It's basically an advert for idiots to try their best to get in and cause trouble, which I still think will not happen at this fixture. Surely the club know who the familiar faces are, such as myself, whom shouldn't actually need a voucher to get a ticket! How many tickets does this voucher allow us to get? What if, for example, my Dad whom everyone probably knows couldn't make it to a home fixture until the FC United game, would that mean he would miss out? Or would be allowed to get him a ticket? Luckily, my Dad is a season ticket holder anyway and has no problems getting to home games. However, the point still stands.

Some "hardcore" supporters, couldn't make it to the home games before the FCUM match, therefore haven't got their voucher - Due to work, they also don't have a season ticket, what is the club going to do about those? I know I said earlier on in this post that familiar faces shouldn't need to go along with all this voucher crap, but you can't wave your hand at someone else and let them through just because you "know them". The club should have been thinking about this sort of situation during the close season, after all, isn't that the ideal time to start planning for the season ahead? It hurts me to say this, but I bet Chester have made plans at their place in case they are told to make it an all ticket affair! Just think, if we get promoted this season we are in with the real big boys of the non-league pyramid, if you think we're not happy at this arrangement... I can't wait to hear the moaning from the guys in the BSN!
Jue

Postby reco » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:07 am

Heard from Munch but not sure how true it is but I think you get to up to about 4 tickets per Voucher and you need proof of resident, would a pay slip do but it doesnt have my mug shot on it.
Also dose anyone know when tickets are due to be on sale
reco

Next

Return to Chorley FC