FCUM match - Saturday Sept 10th -ALL TICKET

Talk about the Magpies. No swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Pete Rothwell, Ian Livesey, Moderators

Re: FCUM match - Saturday Sept 10th -ALL TICKET

Postby Igrapop » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:34 pm

sculduggery wrote:
ex-rmi wrote:Not been able to accept tickets...who do these guys think they are?

They have a Chairman who trys to look after his clubs supporters. Dont you think its an absolute disgrace that you have to learn of these decisions from the opponents first.

This is what I posted several days ago on Deva Chat and Igrapop corrected a couple of things as you will see at the bottom.

QUOTE (sculduggery @ Aug 31 2011, 07:56 PM)

I must say that this is from a guy I was talking to on Saturday who seemed to be in the Know (but I must stress its second hand info). He told me that Chorley were Quoted a price of 30K to police the Fcutd and Chester game using basically the Fc game as a trial run. Chorley told them to stuff it. Because Chorley did not play ball the police enforced these restrictions.

Also I have a friend who knows Andy Walsh the Fcutd chairman and he told me they are going to send the 500 tickets back and instead buy around 500 programmes. (Again that may change depending on fans views etc)

The £30k figure is not quite correct it was £35k, £10k for FC United & £25k for Chester plus all the other restrictions.

The reason given for not taking the tickets by Andy Walsh (not officially) is because our Chairman did not stand up or say anything. He would have accepted the decision but he is fuming with Chorleys ineptitude. The quicker we get rid of our clown Chairman before Gary leaves the better, for anyone who doesnt think so I will leave you to ponder these 2 thoughts.

Taking into account where Chorley where when Ken Wright took over and the huge decline in our fortune before Gary Flitcroft took the managers job which Pub league do you think we would be in now?.

When Gary leaves at the end of the season which pub league will we end up in?

Sorry Scully you are so wide of the mark with this it is difficult to guage how you came up with the theory in the first place. Understandably fans from both clubs are up in arms about this situation as are the members of CFC board but there is little that the club could have done differently to change things, FC have been contacted about the game but as the club have been working hard to try & get things changed there wasn't much in the way of information that could be given to FC regarding the organisation of the game until they were definitley finalised. OK this now makes it look like the club either aren't doing anything or aren't capable of doing anything but believe me people are working hard to find a solution. CFC didn't tell the Police to stuff it but haven't laid down & just accepted it, they can't afford the proposed policing cost, but likewise they can't afford to miss out on a bumper crowd either, atmosphere wise & financially or for the sake of non-league football.
One thing I think people should bear in mind before down crying the way any club at this level is run, we all watch non league football for varying reason but in the main I believe its the cheap & cheerful atmosphere that has been lost in the proffesional game that draws most of us in. Most of the clubs at this level are run by volunteers on what has been described to me as "Part Time Full Time" yet most people on most fans forums not just ours expect the clubs to be run like a premier league team.
Couple of other points
Ken Wright does a fantastic ammount of work for the club behind the scenes you really should take the time to talk to him after one of the games, unless you are a complete nob he would gladly chat to you also without him Garry would not be at the club!!

Mr Walsh wont be sending any tickets back because he didnt have any in the first place, FC have made some facilities available at Gigg Lane for CFC representatives to sell the tickets today! But by the sound of things they will be bringing most of them back.
Igrapop

Postby Paul Speak » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:42 pm

' sculduggery '

The reason given for not taking the tickets by Andy Walsh (not officially) is because our Chairman
did not stand up or say anything. He would have accepted the decision but he is fuming with Chorleys
ineptitude. The quicker we get rid of our clown Chairman before Gary leaves the better, for anyone who
doesnt think so I will leave you to ponder these 2 thoughts.

Taking into account where Chorley where when Ken Wright took over and the huge decline in our fortune
before Gary Flitcroft took the managers job which Pub league do you think we would be in now?.

When Gary leaves at the end of the season which pub league will we end up in
?

Now on page 7 of this thread :? ... Yes, people have needed to, and have, expressed support for the way
FCUM supporters are being treated and thats fine, But lets not get it out of perspective by slagging off our
own club at a time when we are progressing nicely on the pitch.

sculduggery ... you say yourself that your reference to 'Andy Walsh' is unofficial ! But who the hell
do you think you are making GF's future career decisions ( at the end of this season ) on his behalf ? Thats
just rumour-mongering, on your behalf, and serves no purpose !

I agree 'forums' are for fans to have their voice freely ... But, without being part of this decision process, and
after 7 pages of venting feelings, surely there comes a point where ' life has to move on ' ???
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby karl » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Does anyone know if you can still get a voucher to buy tickets? I work saturdays so only attend week night matches and haven't been able to get one, I need two tickets if anyone can help?
karl

Postby 3G-CFC » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:15 am

Bolton News getting in on the act now...

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/923 ... uble_fear/
3G-CFC

Postby Junction 8 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:40 pm

'' Lancashire Police refused to comment ''

I give up .. nobody seems to give a toss about the people that matter .. the fans ..

just a simple statement -- agreed by the police , the club and whoever else was involved , justifying their decision ..
thats all we want ..

i got fed up being messed around in the EPL didn't thin it'd happen here ..
Junction 8

Postby Kfletcher » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:50 pm

Junction 8 wrote:'' Lancashire Police refused to comment ''

I give up .. nobody seems to give a toss about the people that matter .. the fans ..

just a simple statement -- agreed by the police , the club and whoever else was involved , justifying their decision ..
thats all we want ..

i got fed up being messed around in the EPL didn't thin it'd happen here ..

I know how you feel...I just want to watch a game at 3pm on a Saturday. Does anyone know when a final decision will be made with regard to the kick off?
I might get dragged in to going shopping with the wife if it's an early kick off :D
Kfletcher

Postby Fat Boy Slim » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:39 pm

Is the decision not 11.30 kick off with fc united getting 500 tickets. If it changes fine, but at the moment it is as above... get on with it and cheer your team.on... after game still time to get home and do the "big shop" with the wife...
Fat Boy Slim

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Just spoke to Phil at the club and he said nothing changed at the meeting with the board, FCUM and the Police, and the restrictions still stand.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby redted99 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:Just spoke to Phil at the club and he said nothing changed at the meeting with the board, FCUM and the Police, and the restrictions still stand.

Confirmed:

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=3748
redted99

Postby Ryan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:24 pm

They might hope to be able to bring live commentary from the match, but I hope they are not permitted to. FCUM have been arrogant in their holier than thou attitude. I won't be going to the away game. Our game should now be switched to 3pm with no away fans.
Last edited by Ryan on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan

Postby metz » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:32 pm

That's that then. A very sad day in the history of our club. I hope the scum who thought it''d be fun to have fisticuffs in February are satisfied with the knock on effects of their actions.

Trouble is it's not just this match where we'll be impacted. What will the repercussions be when we go to Gigg Lane in December. Bad word spreads faster than good news and you can bet your bottom dollar that fans from other clubs will have a field day about this.

This should have been a great season for Chorley - we have been promoted and are at the top of the league at the moment. However for me personally this is muted at the moment as a result of this Saturday's match
metz

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:35 pm

Very sad that FC United have refused their allocation on behalf of their supporters. Wonder if there'll be a police presence now as their wont be anyone to police apart from our own fans. Sure hope not. Thanks Lancashire Constabulary
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Also segregation, early kick off etc...
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian R » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:47 pm

FC need to have a good look at their own fans,as there were a good few involved in the troubles back in February
Ian R

Postby Duke Street » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:47 pm

What a pathetic stance from FC. No wonder they call themselves the Rebels. Who do they think they are coming out with statements like that? A very sad day for football
Duke Street

Postby redted99 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Ryan wrote:They might hope to be able to bring live commentary from the match, but I hope they are not permitted to. FCUM have been arrogant in their holier than thou attitude. I won't be going to the away game.

With respect, there's nothing arrogant about it. The Police clearly think there is scope for the same kind of trouble, from the same 'fans', as occured in the Chorley v Chester game. And yet the same ticketing policy is being used for the home tickets: 1 voucher = 4 tickets, rendering the entire scheme for ensuring only Chorley fans are able to purchase them redundant.

There is a significant risk of home tickets ending up in the hands of non-Chorley fans, and after todays meeting it would appear that the concerns of our board for the safety of our fans could not be answered satisfactorily. It is regrettable, but it's not arrogant, it's the only option they had.
redted99

Postby Ian R » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:59 pm

redted99 wrote:
Ryan wrote:They might hope to be able to bring live commentary from the match, but I hope they are not permitted to. FCUM have been arrogant in their holier than thou attitude. I won't be going to the away game.

With respect, there's nothing arrogant about it. The Police clearly think there is scope for the same kind of trouble, from the same 'fans', as occured in the Chorley v Chester game. And yet the same ticketing policy is being used for the home tickets: 1 voucher = 4 tickets, rendering the entire scheme for ensuring only Chorley fans are able to purchase them redundant.

There is a significant risk of home tickets ending up in the hands of non-Chorley fans, and after todays meeting it would appear that the concerns of our board for the safety of our fans could not be answered satisfactorily. It is regrettable, but it's not arrogant, it's the only option thay had.

Non Chorley fans as you say includes 50-100 FC fans with Chorley tickets,and are also the (same fans) involved in the trouble back in February.Is your chairman going to make sure these do not gain entrance to the ground???
Ian R

Postby Ryan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:04 pm

redted99 wrote:

There is a significant risk of home tickets ending up in the hands of non-Chorley fans, and after todays meeting it would appear that the concerns of our board for the safety of our fans could not be answered satisfactorily. It is regrettable, but it's not arrogant, it's the only option they had.

That's nonsense, this is Chorley in 2011, not Milwall in 1983. FCUMs stance have made it sound like a way zone. The fact is there were some idiots that pranced about on the pitch after the Chester game and then caused trouble outside the ground. These idiots numbered less than 0.5% of the attendance that day and would not have had the opportunities they did have were it not for the incompetence of OB who despite their ridiculous over reaction to this fixture at least suggested they would be properly policing the game.
This just smacks of "we're man utd, we do what we want": Arrogance.
Ryan

Postby redted99 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Ian R wrote:
redted99 wrote:

There is a significant risk of home tickets ending up in the hands of non-Chorley fans, and after todays meeting it would appear that the concerns of our board for the safety of our fans could not be answered satisfactorily. It is regrettable, but it's not arrogant, it's the only option thay had.

Non Chorley fans as you say includes 50-100 FC fans with Chorley tickets,and are also the (same fans) involved in the trouble back in February.Is your chairman going to make sure these do not gain entrance to the ground???

I won't even dignify your comment about 50-100 FC fans being involved in the trouble at the Chorley v Chester game on 19th February 2011, when FCUM were playing Burscough at Gigg Lane. Clearly it either isn't true, or they weren't FC fans. Please provide the evidence to support your claim.
redted99

Postby redted99 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Ryan wrote:
redted99 wrote:

That's nonsense, this is Chorley in 2011, not Milwall in 1983. FCUMs stance have made it sound like a way zone. The fact is there were some idiots that pranced about on the pitch after the Chester game and then caused trouble outside the ground. These idiots numbered less than 0.5% of the attendance that day and would not have had the opportunities they did have were it not for the incompetence of OB who despite their ridiculous over reaction to this fixture at least suggested they would be properly policing the game.
This just smacks of "we're man utd, we do what we want": Arrogance.

So if what you say is true, and there is no cause for alarm, then why have the Police treated it like Millwall 1983?

Believe me I would prefer to be there - why do you think our board has been trying to understand these arrangements for 2 weeks?
redted99

Postby Fat Boy Slim » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:25 pm

redted99 wrote:

I won't even dignify your comment about 50-100 FC fans being involved in the trouble at the Chorley v Chester game on 19th February 2011, when FCUM were playing Burscough at Gigg Lane. Clearly it either isn't true, or they weren't FC fans. Please provide the evidence to support your claim.

The issues started when certain FC Utd supporters who are from Chorley went onto the pitch at Chester when Chorley scored. Trust me, I know who one of them was, most of the Chorley fans know who he was, but I am not willing to give his name. But he is an FC Utd supporter and check your records, but FC Utd were are home that day as well, but they chose to come to Chester V Chorley.
Fat Boy Slim

Postby Ryan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:30 pm

In all fairness guys I've got to go along with redted on this one. This daft story seemed to surface after two drunk blokes staggered onto the pitch celebrating Chorleys goal. The blokes were from Chorley so I don't where this thing about FCUM fans comes from, the blokes concerned have been at a number of Chorley games including Whitby on Saturday. Are we still saying they're FCUM fans? At Chorley the only people arrested were from Chorley. I saw people out in town that I knew were going to the match who probably haven't been to a Chorley game since the Macclesfield semi 14 years ago.
There may have been people there who call themselves Man Utd fans, bit they were ostensibly there because of the frenzy whipped up on the internet. I find all this talk about FCUM fans causing trouble at Chorley v. Chester is a bit embarrassing.
Ryan

Postby Fat Boy Slim » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:31 pm

I hope now that FC Utd have made there stance and refused their ticket allocation, no FC Utd fans are allowed in the stadium in the home end.

Because if they do, they cannot be true FC Utd fans going against what they believe.....

How many tickets did they get against Brighton.... when they received less than they were allowed, the kick off time also changed from a Saturday 3pm kick off so it could be screened on TV.... But all this was ok...!!! Come on FC United, make your mind up....

If you don't know why the game has been changed, you must live on the moon.....

Rant over....... :D
Fat Boy Slim

Postby redted99 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Fat Boy Slim wrote:
redted99 wrote:

The issues started when certain FC Utd supporters who are from Chorley went onto the pitch at Chester when Chorley scored. Trust me, I know who one of them was, most of the Chorley fans know who he was, but I am not willing to give his name. But he is an FC Utd supporter and check your records, but FC Utd were are home that day as well, but they chose to come to Chester V Chorley.

Was this individual identified to Chorley FC officials to pass on to FC United officials?

There's quite a difference from '50-100' FC United fans and a single individual who is known to a lot of Chorley fans (and how is he known to a lot of Chorley fans if he's an FC United regular?). I'm not saying we're perfect, no club is, but suddenly stating that there were 100 FC fans involved in the troubles at your game last February smacks of throwing the toys out of the pram after the matchday arrangements for our visit have been deemed unsatisfactory. Perhaps the energy might be better spent understanding why this is the case.
redted99

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:37 pm

I now hope there's....
a) a 3pm kick off
b) no segregation
c) no need for PC Plod hence saving ourselves money
d) no need for tickets

all because the FC board can't get their own way. What's the point of having a meeting when there's nothing that could be done in a short space of time?

Just spoke on the non League show and one of the guys there has it spot on, what if FC United we're to go up and couple of divisions? They'd have to expect restrictions like this?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby tripsonglue » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:42 pm

Not much of a rant, more a succession of words that make no sense.
And as for FC fans involved in trouble at a Chorley v Chester game? I have heard it all now. I suggest you provide proof. Photos? There must have been photos of this events. Where can I find them please?
tripsonglue

Postby Fat Boy Slim » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:44 pm

redted99 wrote:
Was this individual identified to Chorley FC officials to pass on to FC United officials?

There's quite a difference from '50-100' FC United fans and a single individual who is known to a lot of Chorley fans (and how is he known to a lot of Chorley fans if he's an FC United regular?). I'm not saying we're perfect, no club is, but suddenly stating that there were 100 FC fans involved in the troubles at your game last February smacks of throwing the toys out of the pram after the matchday arrangements for our visit have been deemed unsatisfactory. Perhaps the energy might be better spent understanding why this is the case.

I certainly don't think there was 100 FC fans at the game at Chorley V Chester, but they were certainly not regular Chorley fans either.

The officials know who he was yes. Again, this is just a shame and not what non league football is against.
No Chorley fans wanted a 11.30 kick off. I think that segregation would have been required though.
It does seem very much we don't get what we want, so we ain't coming... I don't think FC have done themselves any favours with this one.
Fat Boy Slim

Postby tripsonglue » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:I now hope there's....
a) a 3pm kick off
b) no segregation
d) no need for tickets

all because the FC board can't get their own way. What's the point of having a meeting when there's nothing that could be done in a short space of time?

Just spoke on the non League show and one of the guys there has it spot on, what if FC United we're to go up and couple of divisions? They'd have to expect restrictions like this?

Why? Will we get blamed for trouble not involving our club then? Will we bear the brunt of a club who refused a proper amount of police? You see by speaking to people (not connected to FC in any way) I know more about the Chester game than you realise. I know it was policed on the cheap, I was told this in the week following the game, I have been reminded of it this week.
What is meant by "getting their own way" what you mean standing up for the people who own the club and who elect them to the board?
tripsonglue

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:51 pm

tripsonglue wrote:
Ian Livesey wrote:I now hope there's....
a) a 3pm kick off
b) no segregation
d) no need for tickets

Why? Will we get blamed for trouble not involving our club then? Will we bear the brunt of a club who refused a proper amount of police? You see by speaking to people (not connected to FC in any way) I know more about the Chester game than you realise. I know it was policed on the cheap, I was told this in the week following the game, I have been reminded of it this week.
What is meant by "getting their own way" what you mean standing up for the people who own the club and who elect them to the board?

I was told this the week beforehand.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian R » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Naive,ignorant or just a case of so called big club not getting there own way.Personally dont give a hoot if FC fans come into Chorley section,thats what non-league football is all about,but making a stance because the fixture does not suit there beliefs and then buying home team tickets just winds everybody up.And there plenty FC fans in the ground when we played Marine whilst fc where entertaining BPA.Make your mind up fellas
Ian R

PreviousNext

Return to Chorley FC