FCUM match - Saturday Sept 10th -ALL TICKET

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Re: FCUM match - Saturday Sept 10th -ALL TICKET

Postby Igrapop » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:24 pm

Ryan wrote:
3G-BWFC wrote:
redted99 wrote:A further update from our board has been provided today:

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=3734

They'll meet, dibble will say, "see you next sat 11.30". Consultation over.

Ted, I do hope you are letting your fellow FCUM pals know we are has much pissed off about this as you are.

I wish I could say you were way out with statement, but alas I think you've got that spot on. I might be reading too much into the latest FCUM statement but the inference is CFC have not yet met with the OB but have been told they should, with league and FCUM officials present. Surely the club have already made some protestations about this madness?

A meeting was already sceduled for next Monday, not ideal as it left very little time to make any changes if any could be agreed but it's the soonest it could be arranged. This will now have to be done earlier which is preciseley what the club wanted!
Igrapop

Postby mickthered » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:35 pm

If a meeting has already been arranged beforehand then who had been invited

why would the league and FC insist on a meeting if one had already been arranged

And why had this meeting been arranged for the Monday After the only opportunity to sell tickets to away fans
mickthered

Postby Igrapop » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 am

mickthered wrote:If a meeting has already been arranged beforehand then who had been invited

why would the league and FC insist on a meeting if one had already been arranged

And why had this meeting been arranged for the Monday After the only opportunity to sell tickets to away fans

Mick
CFC have been working hard to get some sense back into the situation ever since the clubs initial meeting with the authorities, the earliest lancs constabulary offered for a second meeting was next monday.

I can also tell you the 534 figure was a club decision but taken with information from lancs police in mind but this is better than the original scenario where the club would have been better off not letting any FC fans in something that no one at Victory Park was happy with mainly as it would have spoiled what should have been a fantastic atmosphere but the club have to be honest it will have a big impact on the clubs finances as well, the figure also takes certain safety issues into account regarding where, if any of you come, the FC fans would be located.

I would love to let you have the complete details of what has gone on behind the scenes but rest assured while there is no doubt this game would always be destined to be all ticket due to the interest from both sets of supporters CFC never envisaged having to segregate supporters or moving the KO to any other time or day, and will still be working to get this back to 3:00 until someone says it can't be done.
Igrapop

Postby mickthered » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks for the reply wasn't having a go just asking questions just found it strange that the league insisted on a meeting if one had already been organised
If the police insist on a silly O'Clock kick off then so be it I can handle that but what seems to have upset most it Chorley issuing a small amount of tickets and then telling FC that they can only be sold to ST holders and no one else yet a chorley fan can walk up and buy 4 with only a voucher from a previous game
mickthered

Postby Ryan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:42 am

Igrapop wrote:
mickthered wrote:If a meeting has already been arranged beforehand then who had been invited

Mick
I can also tell you the 534 figure was a club decision but taken with information from lancs police in mind but this is better than the original scenario where the club would have been better off not letting any FC fans in something that no one at Victory Park was happy with mainly as it would have spoiled what should have been a fantastic atmosphere but the club have to be honest it will have a big impact on the clubs finances as well, the figure also takes certain safety issues into account regarding where, if any of you come, the FC fans would be located.

Isn't there a real danger of this setting an unwanted precedent for future "big games", attendances and ultimately the capacity of Victory Park? There can be no doubt that around 3000 supporters can be comfortably accomodated within the ground as we've seen this many times over many years. With the exception of an incident before the match against Chester around the segregation "barrier" a large number of home and away fans were accomodated within Victory Park for that match. What really concerns me now as Chorley face the prospect of it's most succesful period for over 20 years is that the capacity of VP and the perceived ability to host big gates is being needlessly brought into question.

This might also be an appropriate time to mention how pointless it is people quoting the AFC Fylde Play off final as a good example of VP hosting a 3k crowd with fans of both sides mixing wthout issue: That match did not provide a quarter of the away support that matches against FCUM and Chester would. For that reason I think the OB are just using this match as a training exercise for their woefully inept bods and a as a dry run for the match against Chester in February having got their previous attempt desperately wrong. Quite simply FCUM and Chorley are being used.

I do have some sympathy with Mick the Reds point on the allocation. There can be no doubt that a large element of the problems we had at the Chester match were caused by people who, despite being from Chorley, rarely if ever go to matches. Allowing four tickets per voucher only increases the opportunity for such people to gain admission again. However, it is clear that irrespective of who Chorley are playing there does have to be some control on the number of away fans attending matches in terms of ground capacities and to be perfectly honest maintaining some degree of home advantage. I would have thought that Maun Utd fans or ex Man Utd fans (I'm not quite sure where FCUM position themselves on that) would have understood that more than anyone despite the obvious frustration it causes. IMHO the easiest solution, if away support was to be kept at a more manageable level, would have been to allocate each FCUM season ticket holder one ticket each. Granted that may not have satisfied Mick the red or indeed around 50% of FCUMs regular support but in a bad situation it's often a case of picking the best solution from a list of not ideal solutions. Remember last year we were getting loads of abuse from Chester fans for only giving them 1200 tickets, they thought they should have had 2000 and Chorley 1000!!!! Sorry, but that was just arrogant and unrealistic, but I really fail to see why FCUM could not have been given 800+ tickets.
Ryan

Postby mickthered » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 am

Fair points Ryan had chorley issued 534 tickets every game as a rule and that was the standard then there would be no argument as that would then be normal and we wouldnt expect anything more but as we all know that's not the case
also the insistence by chorley about telling FC how the tickets have to be sold do not help matters
mickthered

Postby Locki » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:37 am

I wander if the limit of 534 away tickets is linked to the costs of Policing the game!?!

Someone earlier in this thread quoted around £25k as a potential bill from the Old Bill, and I have it on very good authority that that figure is in the right ball park. I can only guess the Police have based their charges on past experience, ie Chester, and if we were to admit as many FCUM away fans to VP as we did Chester, then we'd be looking at making a loss on this fixture rather than a profit which had no doubt been included in our budget planning for the year.

I remember Dave Whelan of Wigan having a good moan about GMP charges a couple of years ago; it looks like the authorities still see football, at any level, as a potential cash cow.
Locki

Postby Igrapop » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:42 am

Ryan wrote: I really fail to see why FCUM could not have been given 800+ tickets.

Other safety issues not related in any way to possible crowd trouble!
Igrapop

Postby Ryan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Igrapop wrote:
Ryan wrote: I really fail to see why FCUM could not have been given 800+ tickets.

As a stand alone comment that is fair enough, but given the amount of large attendances we've had in the past, including large away followings these other safety issues have either not existed previously or they are going to have a significant impact on the clubs ambition going forward.
Ryan

Postby tripsonglue » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Igrapop wrote:

Can I ask if these "issues" are different, or weren't in operation on the previous occasions we have played at the ground, including the game at Chorley back in 2007-08?
Bearing in mind the crowd that day was 1736 and Chorley were drawing about half (if that) of crowds they pull today.
tripsonglue

Postby Igrapop » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Ryan wrote:
Igrapop wrote:

As a stand alone comment that is fair enough, but given the amount of large attendances we've had in the past, including large away followings these other safety issues have either not existed previously or they are going to have a significant impact on the clubs ambition going forward.

Yes the issue did exist before but only if the Pilling Lane end of the ground was segregated the way it will be done for the FC & more than likley the Chester game. It is only a minor issue but in these days of elf & safety the club have to take the issue into account.
Going forwards the ambition of the club will remove the problem but not in time for these two fixtures.

Hopefully this goes some way to answering your question tripsonglue.
Igrapop

Postby Bovril » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Does common sense exist any more?
Bovril

Postby Rob and Alex » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:34 pm

It would appear that the Police now have difficulty in handling a game between two non league clubs who have always had a good relationship!!

Put it on the list with

Early kick off's for Football league "Derby" games which also can't be played on Bank Holidays anymore.

F.A. Cup replays for which the Police need two weeks notice.

We are only talking about 2500 supporters at this match and I just don't see a problem.

We wont be at the game as my daughters under 12's match kicks off at 10:30...... Then again the Police may want to put the kick off time back on her match also!!!
Rob and Alex

Postby charnock1 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Its quite simple really - after 6 pages on this thread, Ryan got it bob on

For that reason I think the OB are just using this match as a training exercise for their woefully inept bods and a as a dry run for the match against Chester in February having got their previous attempt desperately wrong. Quite simply FCUM and Chorley are being used.
charnock1

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:32 am

Pretty much what was said at tonight's Supporters Club meeting
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby redted99 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:36 pm

A further update as of today:

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=3742

Even if the questions are answered, it doesn't leave much time to get the allocation of tickets to us and sold. Factor in the emerging assumption that FCUM and Chorley appear to be being used by the Plod to trial run the Chester game, I doubt even if tickets get to us in time that they'll be much take up.
redted99

Postby Ryan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks for the link. It appears as though FCUM would rather none of their fans attend at all, by the tone of that statement which, at best, is unfortunate.
Ryan

Postby 109tochorley » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:01 pm

someone told me at marine game that we are having permanant segregation,
do we need this ?
how much will it cost,?
109tochorley

Postby Igrapop » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:03 pm

109tochorley wrote:someone told me at marine game that we are having permanant segregation,
do we need this ?
how much will it cost,?

No we are not having permanent segregation only temporary VP is a non league football ground not stalag15
Igrapop

Postby Duke Street » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:09 pm

A very disappointing statement from FC. I thought they had more class than that.
Duke Street

Postby 109tochorley » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:11 pm

good thanks for clearing that up
had enough of fencing etc in 80s
non-league is about making friends and creating an environment at which we all feel welcome
109tochorley

Postby mickthered » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:18 pm

109tochorley wrote:good thanks for clearing that up
had enough of fencing etc in 80s
non-league is about making friends and creating an environment at which we all feel welcome

add to that over the top policing and games being moved to silly O'clock times
mickthered

Postby Locki » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:33 pm

If FCUM don't take up their ticket allocation, we'll be able to switch the game back to 3pm and the police can have the afternoon off!!! :wink:
Locki

Postby Ryan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Locki wrote:If FCUM don't take up their ticket allocation, we'll be able to switch the game back to 3pm and the police can have the afternoon off!!! :wink:

:-)
Good call.
Ryan

Postby 3G-CFC » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:33 pm

Igrapop wrote:
109tochorley wrote:someone told me at marine game that we are having permanant segregation,
do we need this ?
how much will it cost,?

No we are not having permanent segregation only temporary VP is a non league football ground not stalag15

But isn't one of the sponsors/directors who have an engineering company doing the "fencing" :?:
3G-CFC

Postby Igrapop » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:58 pm

3G-BWFC wrote:
Igrapop wrote:
do we need this ?
how much will it cost,?

But isn't one of the sponsors/directors who have an engineering company doing the "fencing" :?:

Nice try, he might be
Igrapop

Postby ex-rmi » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:20 am

Not been able to accept tickets...who do these guys think they are?
ex-rmi

Postby fester58 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:25 am

having been recently converted to non league football away from premiership football (and really enjoying it) iam afraid iam giving this game a miss. cant be arsed with waking up at daft o clock,being shunted round by the dibble like 2nd class citizens. shame on you hows ever idea this was no doubt it'll be a good game with good banter between both sets of fans.

will still be there tues night though.
fester58

Postby sculduggery » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:26 am

ex-rmi wrote:Not been able to accept tickets...who do these guys think they are?

They have a Chairman who trys to look after his clubs supporters. Dont you think its an absolute disgrace that you have to learn of these decisions from the opponents first.

This is what I posted several days ago on Deva Chat and Igrapop corrected a couple of things as you will see at the bottom.

QUOTE (sculduggery @ Aug 31 2011, 07:56 PM)

I must say that this is from a guy I was talking to on Saturday who seemed to be in the Know (but I must stress its second hand info). He told me that Chorley were Quoted a price of 30K to police the Fcutd and Chester game using basically the Fc game as a trial run. Chorley told them to stuff it. Because Chorley did not play ball the police enforced these restrictions.

Also I have a friend who knows Andy Walsh the Fcutd chairman and he told me they are going to send the 500 tickets back and instead buy around 500 programmes. (Again that may change depending on fans views etc)

The £30k figure is not quite correct it was £35k, £10k for FC United & £25k for Chester plus all the other restrictions.

The reason given for not taking the tickets by Andy Walsh (not officially) is because our Chairman did not stand up or say anything. He would have accepted the decision but he is fuming with Chorleys ineptitude. The quicker we get rid of our clown Chairman before Gary leaves the better, for anyone who doesnt think so I will leave you to ponder these 2 thoughts.

Taking into account where Chorley where when Ken Wright took over and the huge decline in our fortune before Gary Flitcroft took the managers job which Pub league do you think we would be in now?.

When Gary leaves at the end of the season which pub league will we end up in?
sculduggery

Postby toploader999 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:50 pm

chatting *h**e again.... You really do have it in for the "chairman" dont you.....why are you so bitter......

mmmmm i do wonder who you are......
toploader999

PreviousNext

Return to Chorley FC