FCUM match - Saturday Sept 10th -ALL TICKET

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Re: FCUM match - Saturday Sept 10th -ALL TICKET

Postby reco » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:31 pm

just seen this on facebook from a FC United fan
We are pleased to announce we have secured agreement from the League and Chorley FC to stream Saturday’s match live to a venue of our choosing and we have therefore chosen to show the match at Moston Miners Club.

We have developed great links with the Miners Club in recent months with the venue being the hub of much of the work we have been doing in the area.

We have been encouraged by the response from supporters to the club’s decision to decline an allocation of away tickets for the fixture and, by showing the game live, it allows those supporters to gather together to raise money for the club and for Moston Miners Club as they continue their re-development after the recent fire.

Doors will open at 10.00 onwards for breakfast, with the game scheduled to start at 12.30. We are asking that those attend make a £5 donation as a means of entry.

PLEASE be mindful of concerns over parking in Moston. There is plenty of parking on Lightbowne Road and its a short walk across the park to the venue at the Miners club. We urge all supporters to please use Lightbowne Road for parking.

Buses from Manchester city centre stop opposite Teddington Road for the Miners club, numbers 77, 51 and 24 from Lever Street or Piccadilly.

The venue:
The Miners Arts cafe. Teddington Road, Moston , M40 0DJ.

Alcohol and soft drinks will be on sale, plus food etc at the venue.

So they are going to watch the game but just not show up at chorley.
reco

Postby Duke Street » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Does that mean they'll delay the live screening by two and a half hours because I thought they didn't do early kick offs on principle? Maybe they'll Sky Plus it....
Duke Street

Postby Pete Rothwell » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:03 pm

What an absolute joke!

Why on earth have the board allowed the filming and live broadcasting of this match? Sounds line FCUM have realised that they could make some money for themselves out if this mess.

The FCUM officials should gave taken the 530 allocation and allowed THE FANS to make up their own minds to either attend or not.

I hope next time we meet the board will give them an allocation of 10 and practice what FC preach - FCUM
Pete Rothwell
Site Admin

Postby GRH39 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Maybe the Chorley FC fans that are at VP on Saturday should take a leaf out of FCUM against Curzon Ashton and "be encouraged to disrupt the streaming of the game", I am sure the FC United board would endorse that as they set a precedent with this on the Curzon Ashton game.

How much are Chorley FC being paid by FC United for the TV rights?

Chorley FC will lose money by this action of FC United board not accepting any tickets, so surely Chorley FC should be compensated for this deception by FC United.

As we all know, MUFC's/FCUM's motto is "We do what we like".

Personally I am disgusted by this action by FCUM.
GRH39

Postby Ryan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:50 pm

Disgraceful and disgusting behaviour by FCUM, simply disgusting. Equally there's no way CFC should have agreed to this. Just when you thought this farce couldn't get any more ridiculous.
Ryan

Postby Mick » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:18 pm

Didn't take them long to throw their principles out of the window did it, may as well go back to supporting Big United then if they are going to watch a televised game in the pub instead of going to the match itself.
This is a joke. right?
Mick

Postby Bondy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Typical Mancs think they have the god given right to do wot they want, I hope we can disrupte this transmission and p*** on their chips. WHO THE HELL DO THE THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO PROFIT FROM THEIR DISGRACEFUL ACTIONS
Bondy

Postby Jue » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:41 pm

I wonder where they'll do this from :roll: Press box is kind of full :roll:
Jue

Postby reco » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:51 pm

lets fix them up in the social club games room or behind the dugout ;)
and whos in the press box- bet chorley fm will show up for it being a big game
reco

Postby Jue » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:02 pm

reco wrote:lets fix them up in the social club games room or behind the dugout ;)
and whos in the press box- bet chorley fm will show up for it being a big game

Who do you think is in there?!
Jue

Postby reco » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:04 pm

you and Ian for a start and if there fc united reporters turn up along with their team of 500 photographers be a tad cramped
reco

Postby tom123 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:44 pm

Ha ha! What a joke!!

It'll be poor quality anyway - what with a massive Chorley FC flag in front of the cameras! :lol:

"Love TV, hate travelling"
tom123

Postby robertcfc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:58 pm

This is a joke who agreed this? FCUM Surely cant miss an oppprtunity to make cash for themselves can they. The glazers part 2. No way im turning up and giving that camera man an easy day. This stinks of big club syndrome you do what you want eh??? Well my ticket gives me the right to stand where i want preferably giving a great view of F all for 90mins.
robertcfc

Postby tom123 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Thinking about it, they'll probably just keep the segregation in place and film from the other side of that wont they?

Wont stop a flag or two though "Wish You Were Here" perhaps!? :lol:
tom123

Postby Charlie Magpie » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:05 pm

corky wrote:
Mick wrote:Try as I can, I can't fathom the logic behind a boycott. The clue is in the word 'supporter'. You follow a club and give them your 'support'. 'Support' normally (especially in non-league) usually comes in the form of going to a match and getting behind the team you 'support'.
Maybe we should rename FC Utd Supporters as FC Utd Principaltarians, as they sure as hell can't be classed as supporters as they won't be there on saturday 'supporting' their team. I am sure they will go on about how the management and the players will understand. Bollocks. If the management and players understood then they should also boycott the proceedings and not turn up also.
Oh well, maybe the local teams around Manchester like Trafford, Mossley, Woodley, Curzon, Radcliffe etc will benefit by FC United supporters going to watch them, something they should have done in the first place instead of forming a trumped up club.

Thats a bit harsh, there is no boycott by FC fans, they have been denied entry by both clubs and the authorities being unable to come to an agreemennt on this matter. I know it wont happen now but if Chorley allowed pay on the gate for FC fans on Saturday then I think you would still get hundreds turning up to support their club.
There are many clubs who have imposed no restrictions at all when hosting FC, I watched them at Burscough last season where it was pay on the gate and no segregation, both sets of supporters mingled and there was no trouble what so ever. I enjoyed the game as a neutral and was so impressed that it encouraged me to visit FC at Gigg Lane for the return match later in the season.
Please dont blame the fans of FC for this mess.

The highest attendance at Burscough last season was 494, according to the Evo-Stik League website. I presume this was for the FCUM game.
Charlie Magpie

Postby Paul Speak » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:07 pm

"tom123"

It'll be poor quality anyway - what with a massive Chorley FC flag in front of the cameras!

:P but, fellow chorley fans, lets not lose sight of the original issue(s) !!!

having said that i'd be interested to hear from 1 of our FCUM contributors on here ... the gate
at kendal on tuesday would indicate the FCUM travelling support was, at least, 200 short of the
530 tickets they were offered for saturday ???
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby fc utd chrly red » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:08 pm

muppets
fc utd chrly red

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 pm

I hope they won't be trying to wangle into our press box and lounges under the stand. That just won't happen
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:02 am

muppets

I suppose when you are trying to defend the indefensible, this is about as close to a reasoned argument we can expect
Mick

Postby petermarkcraig » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:13 am

Can you pay on the gate. Might pop up in the morning :wink:
petermarkcraig
Site Admin

Postby Locki » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:32 am

reco wrote:just seen this on facebook from a FC United fan
We are pleased to announce we have secured agreement from the League and Chorley FC to stream Saturday’s match live to a venue of our choosing and we have therefore chosen to show the match at Moston Miners Club.

We have developed great links with the Miners Club in recent months with the venue being the hub of much of the work we have been doing in the area.

We have been encouraged by the response from supporters to the club’s decision to decline an allocation of away tickets for the fixture and, by showing the game live, it allows those supporters to gather together to raise money for the club and for Moston Miners Club as they continue their re-development after the recent fire.

Doors will open at 10.00 onwards for breakfast, with the game scheduled to start at 12.30. We are asking that those attend make a £5 donation as a means of entry.

PLEASE be mindful of concerns over parking in Moston. There is plenty of parking on Lightbowne Road and its a short walk across the park to the venue at the Miners club. We urge all supporters to please use Lightbowne Road for parking.

Buses from Manchester city centre stop opposite Teddington Road for the Miners club, numbers 77, 51 and 24 from Lever Street or Piccadilly.

The venue:
The Miners Arts cafe. Teddington Road, Moston , M40 0DJ.

Alcohol and soft drinks will be on sale, plus food etc at the venue.

So they are going to watch the game but just not show up at chorley.

If they are charging a £5 donation for admission, then surely Chorley FC are receiving some monies for allowing this to take place?

Plus I'd like to know how they are planning to stream the game as the nearest broadband connection point is in the club office, probably as far away from the pitch as you can get within Victory Park!!!
Locki

Postby Jamwil » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Just a thought but are FC Utd to visit VP tommorow with no memebers of the board, friends or family of the squad as to me this would appear hypocritical of a club who has denied there own fans to attend the game. Also are those filming the streaming of the match and any commentry going to be independent members of the public or FC Utd fans as this would also mean their club is allowing fans to attend a game where they have declined the ticket allocation.
As is chanted at a number of games played against teams from Liverpool maybe we should chant "you robbing Manc B******ds" as effectivley they are stealing from our pockets to line there own. Should they not earmark a new site for the ground down the M62.
Last edited by Jamwil on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamwil

Postby Jue » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Locki wrote:If they are charging a £5 donation for admission, then surely Chorley FC are receiving some monies for allowing this to take place?

Plus I'd like to know how they are planning to stream the game as the nearest broadband connection point is in the club office, probably as far away from the pitch as you can get within Victory Park!!!

They'd need a really hefty signal to get a decent stream. My phone has full signal in the press box and it's no where near fast enough to stream a video.
Jue

Postby Magpie in Exile » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:14 pm

I can't help feeling that this whole sorry saga has the potential to breed ill-feeling where none previously existed, and make trouble at future games involving these clubs more likely, not less.
Magpie in Exile

Postby wrasse » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:12 pm

as the burscough fan rightly pointed out, this as nothing to do with fcum fans, they avent refused the tickets the board as. im quite sure that the fans would of snapped up their allocation without hessitation.

ive even heard chorley fans saying im not going now..thats even worse. cant beleive this as all happened in the first place. its disgracefull and an insult to non league football. lancashire plod realy have some questions to answer, bet they still turn up on their overtime. that s im prosuming its all their fault?

also chorleys board need to fully explain there reasons for the early k.o and limited number; a one sentance explanation isnt good enough.

and fcum board should be ashamed of themselves, not allowing their supporters to attend who the f do they think they are!

why havent we heard more from the evo league? surley and alterations of fixtures have to be sanctioned by them. loads of unanswered questions, just pathetic one sentance statements!
wrasse

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:20 pm

The Evo-Stik can't be biased towards a club, so their statement last week was vague to say the least. FC United seem like they're looking out for their fans, which is fair enough, but to deny them a chance to even come tomorrow is just wrong. Chorley's board has been useless. Not even our most loyal of fans know anything. I contacted Ken Wright to try and get some info as I was going on the BBC Non-League show to try and clear the name of our great club, but got no response whatsoever despite his son saying he'd be willing to reply to email. The Police have just ballsed everything up in my opinion and am ashamed to pay my council tax which pays their wages. I seriously hope they do one tomorrow or if they do come, the club refuses to pay the bill.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Why are some people blaming the board of FCUM and saying its not the fault of the supporters. Isn't FCUM an IPS with the board made up of supporters. Isn't the whole ethos based on one club, one member, one vote. If the supporters really disagree with their boards decision then maybe they should prove it and use their vote to get rid of the current board.
Mick

Postby chorleyboy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Magpie in Exile wrote:I can't help feeling that this whole sorry saga has the potential to breed ill-feeling where none previously existed, and make trouble at future games involving these clubs more likely, not less.

Totally agree, I think theres one or two"magpies" on here who when they see the words Manchester and United, their insane jealousy of anything to do with those words cloud their reasoning.

It beggars belief that the focus and blame for this fiasco has landed at the feet of these football fans, but at least some of you will be happier now we are moving towards another "big" team hating us for future games, well done, well thought out.
chorleyboy
MIS Prediction League Winner 2008/09 and 2014/15

Postby GRH39 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

GRH39

Postby martinc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Think everyone knows that there is no true animosity at all between Chorley and FC United fans. It's a sorry state of affairs behind the whole planning of this match and it's obvious why everyone is annoyed about the final plans.

To be honest, I know we now have 'history' with Chester but I really don't feel any animosity between our fans and their fans either now. This league is a lot closer than last year and seeing how we all agree the idiots causing trouble were in the minority of both clubs then lets just move on as best as we can and enjoy it (not that this will matter when it comes to police plans for that game later this season!)

Don't think the fans have really had a say in anything and hands have been forced by authorities etc. Looking forward to a game with atmosphere at Gigg Lane in December... looking forward to a Chorley win tomorrow too!! :D
martinc

PreviousNext

Return to Chorley FC