FCUM match - Saturday Sept 10th -ALL TICKET

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Re: FCUM match - Saturday Sept 10th -ALL TICKET

Postby Igrapop » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:29 am

chorleyboy wrote:My God, we are talkin Chorley V F.C United, 11.30 kick off. I am sure Rovers and Burnley fans who love each other are thinking it could be a 9am kick off next time they meet. ( its 12pm)
Or how about West Ham v Millwall? Perhaps a 8 am kick off?
United v City 1.30pm, I could go om.....once the coppers and the board start exchanging Christmas invations, we should ALL get worried.....pathetic......

Official statement will be made tomorrow/Friday latest
Igrapop

Postby PHAggy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:08 am

http://www.chorleyfc.com/index.php?opti ... s&Itemid=4

Will season ticket holders be able to buy additional tickets?
PHAggy

Postby Duke Street » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:51 am

As far as I understand it, the club were presented with two options by the police...1) make it all ticket, restrict the number of away fans, and introduce a voucher system, or 2) play the game behind closed doors...

They decided against the second option because they felt it wasn't right to ban away fans completely.

They therefore had little option other than to agree to the conditions in option 1.

On top of that, they could be hit with a police bill of around £20k for this game, which means in all likelihood we won't make any money on this fixture and we may actually end up losing some....

And this is all thanks to a few mindless idiots who turned up at the Chester game in Feb...

The club is in a 'no win' position here...It's far from ideal, for both sets of fans, but let's do our best to make the best of a bad situation by getting right behind Garry and the team for what is an important game in our quest for promotion...
Duke Street

Postby Horwichmagpie » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 am

Left prem football because of all this,even bought a st this season thinking of the 3pm starts.Due to working sat morning I shall not be attending,chance of a refund? I doubt it :evil:
Horwichmagpie

Postby chorleyboy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:51 am

Duke Street wrote:As far as I understand it, the club were presented with two options by the police...1) make it all ticket, restrict the number of away fans, and introduce a voucher system, or 2) play the game behind closed doors...

They decided against the second option because they felt it wasn't right to ban away fans completely.

They therefore had little option other than to agree to the conditions in option 1.

On top of that, they could be hit with a police bill of around £20k for this game, which means in all likelihood we won't make any money on this fixture and we may actually end up losing some....

And this is all thanks to a few mindless idiots who turned up at the Chester game in Feb...

The club is in a 'no win' position here...It's far from ideal, for both sets of fans, but let's do our best to make the best of a bad situation by getting right behind Garry and the team for what is an important game in our quest for promotion...

This is where I am maybe being naive, but what have F.C United got to do with what happened v Chester?
West Ham v Millwall, they rioted, but West Ham did not have morning kick offs for when other teams who bring a large following visited.
And thats just an example, it happens all over the U.K.
Blackburn v Burnley, yes, 12noon kick off, but when 7,000 United,Liverpool or City fans turn up, it can be a 5.30pm kick off at Rovers.
It was the simmering hatred between Chorley and Chester which brought about the trouble that day, F.C United have been Chorley before as memtioned and its been trouble free.
Cant wait to see kick off time v Chester at home, by the way, is it a 7.45pm kick off at Chester later this month?
I hope theres no alcohol consumed that day and night by any Chester or Chorley fans before the game.Alcohol could fuel trouble when you could be on the lash for 8 hours before the game.
chorleyboy
MIS Prediction League Winner 2008/09 and 2014/15

Postby Paul Speak » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:58 am

"chorleyboy"

This is where I am maybe being naive, but what have F.C United got to do with what happened v Chester?
It was the simmering hatred between Chorley and Chester which brought about the trouble that day,
F.C United have been Chorley before as memtioned and its been trouble free

PRECISELY
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby 3G-CFC » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Paul Speak wrote:"chorleyboy"

It was the simmering hatred between Chorley and Chester which brought about the trouble that day,

PRECISELY

I agree BUT the old bill have taken into account the BWFC v MANYOO game later on, if this had been BWFC v The Arse then CFC v FCUM would have been 3pm KO IMHO. Also mentioned earlier their intelligence (accuse the pun) will also be feeding them info (bullshit).
3G-CFC

Postby Igrapop » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:14 pm

3G-BWFC wrote:
Paul Speak wrote:"chorleyboy"

PRECISELY

I agree BUT the old bill have taken into account the BWFC v MANYOO game later on, if this had been BWFC v The Arse then CFC v FCUM would have been 3pm KO IMHO. Also mentioned earlier their intelligence (accuse the pun) will also be feeding them info (bullshit).

You can also thank the Chorley Guardin/LEP for their "CARNAGE" headline in July!
Igrapop

Postby Locki » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:33 pm

I think it's more a case of the police fooked up back in February and whoever was in charge then got a major kicking by his bosses, and they will now do anything possible to prevent anything close to this happening again.
Locki

Postby mark » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:10 pm

5:30 would surely have been a better choice of kick-off time. In the event that anyone does wish to attend both games, they will have to hang around Chorley for a few hours in between matches.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Bondy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:44 pm

Having spoken to an FC Utd season ticket holder today it is his opinion that there will be a boycott by their fans, and in my opinion giving them a poultry 530 tickets will only further anger their large contingent of supporters that travel. Who decided on the number of tickets for FCUM????
Bondy

Postby Ryan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:53 pm

The police got it desperately wrong against Chester. I don't think they could have taken one positive from the day. IMO they are using our match against the only other well supported team in the league to try again at policing a big crowd consisting of large numbers from both sides and to be better prepared the next time Chester visit. The measures put in place are real overkill.
Ryan

Postby Locki » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:09 pm

magpie007 wrote:Having spoken to an FC Utd season ticket holder today it is his opinion that there will be a boycott by their fans, and in my opinion giving them a poultry 530 tickets will only further anger their large contingent of supporters that travel. Who decided on the number of tickets for FCUM????

By boycotting the game FCUM supporters will be punishing Chorley FC for decisions made by the Police. The club DOES NOT want the game kick-off at 11:30 and would be willing to give FCUM the same number of tickets we gave to Chester, about 1300, but again the Police have set the limit to 530, it is a Police decision and there is nothing Chorley Football Club can do about it.

Boycotting the game should only be an option if Chorley FC had made the decisions, but they haven't, it is the Police, who would be more than happy for them not to turn up!
Locki

Postby Duke Street » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Well said Locki. If FC United fans really do care about preserving the rights of genuine football fans then boycotting this game is not the answer. What they should be doing is turning up in numbers in a show of solidarity with Chorley fans. We all want to watch a good game of football, between two well supported sides with ambitions of winning promotion. The best response would be to ensure there's a carnival atmosphere...
Duke Street

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:45 pm

One thing hasn't been mentioned on here, but why couldn't the club re-arrange the game to a date when Man Utd weren't in the local area?

Neil (toploader999) do you still work for the GM Police? Maybe get a letter of recommendation by Bury division and get it sent on to the Lancs bobbies and get them to have a change of heart.

All this will be detrimental to the club as we know it's not the club's doing, but it will be surely giving our club a bad name.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby toploader999 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:49 pm

sculdugary or should it be fool.. why dont you get the gonads and speak to kw face to face....why ..because your a 1st class .... or is irt because u have an axe to grind...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
toploader999

Postby reco » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Ian fc united also have letters from diffrent police areas commending them on their behaviour but I know what you mean
reco

Postby sculduggery » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:23 pm

sculdugary or should it be fool.. why dont you get the gonads and speak to kw face to face....why ..because your a 1st class .... or is irt because u have an axe to grind......

I thought at first with the spelling mistakes you must be drunk, but then I noticed all the emoticoms and realised you must be about 6.
sculduggery

Postby toploader999 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:12 am

ian: yes iam still in gmp, but with it being Lancs Constab they are a different kettle of fish with different ways n means on dealing with things like footballing events.
As somebody already said the officer in charge of the Chester match probably got a dressing down from his bosses (got to be careful what say as they will prob have accsess to this site)

scul wateva : yes i had a few scoops, but doesnt change the fact u aint no stones pal :lol: :lol: (notice the lol)
toploader999

Postby tripsonglue » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:29 am

I won’t at the game sadly (unless I am asked to write the match report, as the official matchday duties continue irrespective of if the fans decide not to attend) as I won’t be made to suffer for the actions at a game that I wasn’t at. I am annoyed, as I enjoy coming down to Chorley as you know, and I also work with one of your players, so the banter is flowing nicely, but I won’t be put out thank to actions at a game I wasn’t at, that had nothing to do with me.
If the local plod, home team, away team etc can’t control the crowd at a Chorley v Chester game, that is not my problem.
Also, I am not 100% sure about the number of tickets allocated, but I am not totally convinced this was a complete plod decision. Especially with comments made by Flitcroft the other week about Chorley fans outnumbering FC fans. I have also heard other mutterings as well, that is all they are I have to stress that makes me have a clue that Chorley haven’t exactly pushed for the away allocation to be made more realistic (I am more than prepared to be proved wrong on that point, but that is what I believe)
I have been to games in Yorkshire that have been moved, but that was to do directly with our game, with our friends from Leeds always turning out, but in this case the decision is made based on a game in another season contested by two teams that have nothing to do with us. That makes it a no-no from me, sadly as I was looking forward to it.
tripsonglue

Postby Ed » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 am

Fylde. No one gave that game a second thought. 3000 turned up for a reportedly (by police) family atmosphere. Fans mixed with fans on the ground and in Social Club. FCU in past, family atmosphere. Fans mixed with fans. Some Chorley fans actually display a banner supporting Man U.

None of troublemakers would have even thought about this game. But once a game gets into the press and is described as potentially explosive then it's alerting the troublemakers.

Segregation can only lead to crowd divisions. These proposals could reduce the gate to one lower than the 1000 against Leigh last season.

Fans of both teams should lobby the police to come and observe what (from past experience of FCUM/Chorley games) we can expect to be a very good natured atmosphere between all present and then reconsider their policies for when we meet next year.

It's probably too late for this season. But both teams have Supporters Trusts that work together within Supporters Direct on broader 'political/social' aspects of the game - perhaps they can help lobby the police to drop segregation for future matches.
Ed

Postby sculduggery » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:46 am

scul wateva : yes i had a few scoops, but doesnt change the fact u aint no stones pal.

I got plenty love. Names Robert and I will be in Eagle about 2 on Monday.

However I dont want to get in a slanging match on here with you, Its a Chorley FC forum. I am entitled to my opinion without you calling me a fool. Put it this way without getting into detail I am 99.99% certain I have played football at an higher level than you.

Anyway Chorley players and Management and all the people who work tirelessly behind the scenes for no money, including this forum etc kep up the good work.
sculduggery

Postby tah » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:01 pm

this decision is the most stupid ever,the powers that be set up a kick off time that plays into the hands of idiots from prem clubs, allowing them the time to do battles outside a football ground they could not care less about.
fc united control the allocation of tickets at their end.It does not make any sense to restict them to 500+when they have 800+season ticket holders.
It certainly makes me think that 1.Is this payback from police auth to chorley fc for the chester fiasco.2. OrTotal incompitance.
Is this the future for chorley fc as we move up the ranks of non-league ?
tah

Postby toploader999 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:43 pm

"scul wateva : yes i had a few scoops, but doesnt change the fact u aint no stones pal.

However I dont want to get in a slanging match on here with you, Its a Chorley FC forum. I am entitled to my opinion without you calling me a fool. Put it this way without getting into detail I am 99.99% certain I have played football at an higher level than you.

Anyway Chorley players and Management and all the people who work tirelessly behind the scenes for no money, including this forum etc kep up the good work."

IS " A HIGHER LEVEL" NOT "AN HIGHER LEVEL

YOUR CRITISM IS DIRECTED AT ONE PERSON "CHAIRMAN" SO DOES HE NOT FALL INTO "WORK TIRESSLY BEHIND THE SCENES FOR NOTHING "

AND WHAT THE CHUFF HAS YOU PLAYING AT HIGHER STANDARD THAN ME GOT TO DO WITH IT?? THATS JUST CHILDISH

YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW WHO I AM, SO NEXT TIME YOU SEE ME AT THE GAME THEN PLEASE INTRODUCE YOUSELF :)
toploader999

Postby Gobsmacked » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:48 pm

I've been following this thread for several days and I have just had a moment of inspiration. Why not abandon the fixture altogether and award each team two points each? In fact, we could take it even further. Why not abandon ALL football fixtures for this season and successive seasons and simply award each club two points for each match? Then we'd all be equal and there would be no bitter rivalry between any clubs in any leagues and neither the police, the clubs or the genuine fans would ever have to worry about anything kicking off ('scuse the pun)!

A stupid idea - perhaps it is, but no more stupid than the way the authorities have handled this. I just feel sorry for the club missing out on a bumper payday.
Gobsmacked

Postby ontheup » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:48 pm

I too have been following this thread for several days and cannot believe the over-reaction by so many people. people seem to forget that we are on an offical warning from the league about the chester game and we were very lucky not to get fined or have points deducted after that, so its all ticket and early kick off, but isn't it better safe than sorry. and as locki says earlier i don't think theres anything the club can do about it anyway.

to me its a no win situation, if the game goes by with no trouble everyone will say it should have been left as normal, but if the game was left at 3-00ko pay at gate and there was trouble people would say did we not learn after the chester game.
ontheup

Postby sculduggery » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:05 pm

"scul wateva : yes i had a few scoops, but doesnt change the fact u aint no stones pal.

Anyway Chorley players and Management and all the people who work tirelessly behind the scenes for no money, including this forum etc kep up the good work."

IS " A HIGHER LEVEL" NOT "AN HIGHER LEVEL

YOUR CRITISM IS DIRECTED AT ONE PERSON "CHAIRMAN" SO DOES HE NOT FALL INTO "WORK TIRESSLY BEHIND THE SCENES FOR NOTHING "

AND WHAT THE CHUFF HAS YOU PLAYING AT HIGHER STANDARD THAN ME GOT TO DO WITH IT?? THATS JUST CHILDISH

YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW WHO I AM, SO NEXT TIME YOU SEE ME AT THE GAME THEN PLEASE INTRODUCE YOUSELF

I have not got a clue who you are. Why should I Please enlighten me.
sculduggery

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:47 pm

ontheup wrote:I too have been following this thread for several days and cannot believe the over-reaction by so many people. people seem to forget that we are on an offical warning from the league about the chester game and we were very lucky not to get fined or have points deducted after that, so its all ticket and early kick off, but isn't it better safe than sorry. and as locki says earlier i don't think theres anything the club can do about it anyway.

to me its a no win situation, if the game goes by with no trouble everyone will say it should have been left as normal, but if the game was left at 3-00ko pay at gate and there was trouble people would say did we not learn after the chester game.

How can we be fined/deducted points when it was the police's actions (or non-actions) that contributed to it. Since when have Chorley FC got to answer to the Police?? We cant assume that the Chorley-FC United match would be any trouble anyway, the police have not bothered to look at the last time we played them in 2008.

I'm feeling I need to lock this thread now cos what needs to be said has been said. Were just going round in circles now.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby toploader999 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Well the first name is Neil and I always stick up for the "CHAIRMAN" bit of a clue for you :lol: :lol:
toploader999

Postby Gobsmacked » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:11 pm

As the thread is still open, I thought that posting this link from the Chorley Guardian website might answer some questions:

http://www.chorley-guardian.co.uk/news/ ... _1_3704888
Gobsmacked

PreviousNext

Return to Chorley FC