sponsorship?

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

sponsorship?

Postby Chris W » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:09 am

I was looking at some websites :shock: of other clubs in the Unibond and I noticed that several are proudly sponsored :mrgreen: by either their local council, or a local newspaper -neither of which sponsor CFC. Have they been approached? or is this another example of the absence of a commercial manager? Does the council have some grief against the club? :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :(
Chris W

Postby Magpie in Exile » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:38 am

Don't know about sponsorship but there is no doubt from some informal dealings with then that the council are not anti-Chorley FC. They want the club alive and in the town
Magpie in Exile

Postby Ed » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:12 pm

We have lots of ideas but we need another local commercial person to assist here. Any offers? It involves a few phone calls plus maybe the odd visit. Also you get commission.
The Trust recently interviewed a lady for this job, but after offering it to her, she turned us down. (Saying you are a Chorley supporter turns the women off.)

Anyone who wants to earn a few hundred pounds over the season and help their local club, contact me via the Trust email/website.
Ed

Council

Postby Locki » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:17 pm

Following the change of control from Labour to Conservative, three pledges the Conservatives made as part of their campaign were:
* to have a Zero% increase in the Chorley portion of the Council Tax (which is only about 30% of the total Chorley CTax bill)
* continuing to provide the current level of service
* and also to save the Brinscall Baths.

All this means that money it tighter than a ducks arse in the now empty Astley Park lake!

I have asked about a small advert in the programme or on the website, but these were kindly rejected.
Locki

Return to Chorley FC