So Who Is Going?

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

So Who Is Going?

Postby Fat Boy Slim » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:57 pm

The forum has not been live for a week yet and we have over 60 members which is great and proves that it was worthwhile spending some time getting this up and running. So well done Mark and thanks.

As somebody has said in a previous thread, all clubs start joint top of the league on nil points.
So come on members, who is going tomorrow cheering on the boys to make sure we are at least joint top of the league come 5pm tomorrow.

(Remember, YOUR club, needs Your £6)

:lol: Fat Boy Slim will be there, but will you? :roll:

Come On Chorley....
Fat Boy Slim

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:56 pm

Aye, I'll be there, please come say hello as I dont know who you are.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby OptoMystik » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:55 pm

I'll be there with Fiona!
OptoMystik

Ahhhh Go on!

Postby Ryan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:29 am

:cry: I'll be there, and my brother.
Ryan

Not being there - sorry!

Postby Lanky Lancastrian » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:41 am

I know its bad but I wont be there today. Im currently sat typing on my laptop in a hotel in Wolverhampton and Im just setting off to the V Festival. I'll be there Tuesday though despite moving house two days later!

At least I'll be watching Morrisey tonight which should keep most of you on side (especially Mick and Ryan)!

If its any consolation, the last time I was at a festival during the footy season in 2000, we beat Ossett 8-1!!!

I know Mr Blackburn will be keeping me in touch while trying to learn shorthand off Dave Hindle for his LEP job!!!!

COME ON THE MAGPIES!!!
Lanky Lancastrian

Postby John B » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:27 am

I fear that there's no chance of anything remotely like that this time round - I'm sure we'd all gladly settle for a single goal win today. Sorry to be pedantic too, but it was actually Lincoln whom we beat 8-1 on August 26th 2000! And as for learning shorthand off Mr.Hindle, that won't be happening today either as I understand from another thread on this Forum that he's spending the day with some guy called Stanley Park, but don't let anybody ever say that I was the one who started the rumours! :!:
John B

Postby Paul » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:40 am

Looks like a few of our more loyal supporters will be absent from todays match. I bumped into Mark Rees last night leaving the Wigan v Huddersfield game and other commitments mean he won't be able to attend todays game. The weather forecast isn't good but lets hope we don't add to the recent disappointments by not getting a crowd over 200 for the first game of the season
Paul

Weekends entertainment

Postby Ryan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:42 am

Its a tough call Chris. Stood in the pouring rain watching Chorley or stood in the pouring rain watching Morrissey. Imagine doing both...you'd soon run out of wrists to cut. Still, I know where I'd rather be. Unfortunately, I won't be watching Morrissey. The nearest I'll get to that this weekend is having the Smiths on in the car en route to VP and passing Morrissons.

Which then leads me to ask what your good lady is doing on Sunday? Surely she should have an important appointment in Salford to keep. Our allocation has been sold to 3,600 over optimistic souls travelling 2560 miles (or less) to witness another season of away day gloom and cavernous defences. Why, oh why do we do it to ourselves?

PS. That last question was rhetorical, it really doesn't need a response.
Ryan

Re: Not being there - sorry!

Postby OptoMystik » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:00 pm

Lanky Lancastrian wrote:I know its bad but I wont be there today. Im currently sat typing on my laptop in a hotel in Wolverhampton and Im just setting off to the V Festival. I'll be there Tuesday though despite moving house two days later!

At least I'll be watching Morrisey tonight which should keep most of you on side (especially Mick and Ryan)!

If its any consolation, the last time I was at a festival during the footy season in 2000, we beat Ossett 8-1!!!

I know Mr Blackburn will be keeping me in touch while trying to learn shorthand off Dave Hindle for his LEP job!!!!

COME ON THE MAGPIES!!!

I've just been sent a picture of you desk Chris from JB's spycam:

http://www.office-humour.com/pictures/4589/
OptoMystik

Morrissey, the good lady and Peter

Postby Lanky Lancastrian » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:34 pm

Just made it back to the hotel after a very long day.

For those of you who are interested Hard Fi (were awful because they are Brentford fans apparently!), Gomez, The Rifles, Starsailor (Chorleys finest export according to the programme!!) and Beautiful South all excellent. Faithless got the crowd going brilliantly and Morrissey was brilliant. All the classics of course and much better than Glastonbury 2004.

Everyone talking about Radiohead tomorrow night!

As for the picture, a bit too near the truth but missing the odd kebab wrapper Peter!

Ryan, My good lady does indeed have an appointment in Stretford tomorrow but she has opted for a field in Staffordshire and another fill of bands while stood in her wellies!! (As the first band we wanna see is the Divine comedy at 2 im sure we'll know whats going on! - shes still trying to take in the Man City game last season and what Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeed is playing at!

She is though at the Cottage next Saturday against Sheffield (how on earth did gerrard get a penalty for that) United. Meanwhile, I will be at Lords cheering Gods own county in the C&G! Im sure us councillors should be sat in dull meetings and not having fun!

Dad kept me well informed of events and did sound disappointing. Please start with Roscoe and not 'the pudding' on tuesday!!!

Also I will be popping via Molunieux tomorrow to smile in my Chorley shirt at 11am tomorrow if thats any consolation to anyone!!! Only 20 years since the greatest goalkeeping performance in history!

Ive off to polish off the Courvoiser in the hotel bar and see you all at Clitheroe Tuesday!
Lanky Lancastrian

Return to Chorley FC