AFC Chorley - Our season so far

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

AFC Chorley - Our season so far

Postby Jamwil » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:04 pm

I just wanted to give people an update on the season so far for your supporters team.

The season so far has been difficult and a big learning curve for our young team. We have played some very established sides and done ourselves proud with some never say die performances mixed in with some fantastic football plus a few howlers. We now have a regular squad of around 14 admittedly not all are regulars at Chorley games but we have introduced to the club and they give there all for the team.

Currently we sit 42nd out of 74 teams in the country and were some new teams would aim for easier games we have played 8 out of our 11 games against top 10 opposition. What pleases me more is the feedback we get for other teams, comments such as " you are one of the best 1st year teams we have played" Rochdale FC, " you and Chorley FC should be very proud of the way your team conduct themselves you promote your team and town well" Preston North End and " keep these lads together and in a couple of years you will be one of the best teams in the league" Manchester United.

Recently we managed to stop our losing streak with a fantastic 4-4 draw with Marine who admitted we really should of so the game.

I would again like to thank the Supporters Trust for supplying us with a new kit, GrahamWatkinson for the use of his minibus for away games, Dave Clitheroe for driving us about on a Saturday morning and Chorley FC for lending us alternative shorts and socks when needed.

We are also on the look out for a sponsor of an away kit as we have been close to clashing colours on a few occasions this season so if there is anyone out there who can help please get in touch.

If you have taken the time to read this I thank you and if anyone fancies running out for the team please get in touch.

James
AFC Chorley Player Manager
Jamwil

Return to Chorley FC