Brian Haslam Memorial Trophy Tournament

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Brian Haslam Memorial Trophy Tournament

Postby Jamwil » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:15 am

Over the the last 12 months Chorley FC has sadly lost some great fans and stalwarts of the club. In memory to 2 of those AFC Chorley will be holding a tournament for supporters teams at Victory Park on the Saturday 25th May. This will take part of the beer festival weekend with money being raised and split 4 ways: Derian House, Chorley FC, Chorley FC Supporters Club and AFC Chorley. We have invited 5 other teams to join us in the tournament with the top prize being the Brain Haslam memorial Trophy and for the battlers who finish bottom of each group in the group stages challenging for the John Blackburn Memorial Plate.

Over the last 12 months we have raised funds for Derian House, donated money to the club towards the Big Screen and also raised monies and obtained funding for the Defribbilator Unit. However we want to smash previous amount made this time.

I hope we can gain support for this event through all at the football club, also we have football cards so if anyone things they could help sell teams to friends, family or work then please see me and I can supply the cards to you.

We are also looking for sponsors for the event and donations towards the fund. Some may think it to be a little extreme but I had set an initial target of £1000 how ever I think we can double that figure with a little help.

If anyone has any ideas then please get in touch

James
AFC Chorley
Jamwil

Return to Chorley FC