Food for thought

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Food for thought

Postby metz » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:25 pm

I saw this quote on twitter today in relation to what we're going through at the moment and thought how appropriate the words are:

'We need to stick together and hang tough. It's not a good situation that we're going through, but we're only going to come out of it together. We just have to keep believing that it's going to happen.' Colin Clarke

Not one person at the club will be happy with the performances and the current results. It's not a great situation to be in and, at the moment, it's difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

However, look where we were a few short years ago - we were playing in front of crowds barely nudging 400 and feeling ecstatic about a win. Then Flitcroft became manager; the crowds increased beyond recognition we started to look down the table rather than up. We achieved promotion at the first attempt.

Then THE theft; a huge amount of money was taken from the club and liquidation was a very real possibility. However, the team stuck with the club, unpaid, and behind the scenes a revolution begun that would not just ensure the survival of the club, but would continue it's growth.

I'm not going to go through the ups and downs season by season, but I'm sure you get the gist.

We've had some brilliant times over the last few years, and we've had some tough times but we've got through it.

I'm not trying to look at the current situation through rose tinted spectacles, it's not great, but you can bet your bottom dollar that the board of directors will not allow their huge investment in time and effort over the last few years go to waste. I'm sure they'll be planning a way to get us through the current state of play and continue on the journey they have done an awful lot to facilitate
metz

Return to Chorley FC