Solihull

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Solihull

Postby Prodigal son » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Didn't go today, but listened to Ian, sounded like we played well, every credit to the players and Management for beating the outstanding team of the season, let's look forward to next season, a few new additions and let's be up the challenging. COYM
Prodigal son

Re: Solihull

Postby carlfromeccleston » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:02 pm

I was there along with 950 others (come on Solihull you are having a laugh if there were more than 600 on I would be surprised). Chorley had much the better of the first half but overplayed in attack and failed to force a decent save. Solihull clipped the bar from one of their few attacks and Sam made a good blocking save - crowd (apart from the usual CFC diehards) as quiet as a churchyard.

H2 we dominated and got just reward when Darren converted his third decent chance after 75 mins and the score was doubled after further good work from DS and a cross to Dale W who buried it from the edge of the box. I don't recall many saves from Sam in H2. In all honesty we could have won by three or four. MOM probably Darren but good shifts put in by all and Courtney M-W played the full 90 mins and again looked a class apart. Sixty points with a game to go - those of us who witnessed our embarrassment at NFU in August would have taken that there and then - so decent season and let's hope to progress next year.

Solihull have two decent Centre Halves and a big lad up front but elsewhere they were poor. I know they have already won the league but in the Conference ---- no chance unless they waive the cheque book about, odds on to be back in CN in 2017/18 season.

Amusingly, in an effort to whip up a very quiet mood, the stadium announcer stated that they are only 46 games from the football league!!! Dreamland.

Good luck Solihull - you will need it.
carlfromeccleston
MIS Prediction League Winner 2010/11

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:47 pm

We beat the champions as things like this goes. Hednesford did it the week before and us this week. Expect FC United to do the same next week.

What's more impressive than the result is that we closed out their attackers and Sam was rarely troubled. It was our first clean sheet on the road for 17 games since August 31st.

AFC Telford are safe now so I hope it's not a dull affair on Saturday and we sign off with a win
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ed » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:53 pm

In programme said Solihull 's best performance of season was probably Chorley away.
This was also one of our better games. Tactics seemed spot on. I don't normally like it, but we seemed to have 3 at back with Ross and Beesley at times playing further forward and it worked.
Solihull have excellent no 4 Daly and keeper.
Plus their top scorer Asante kept quiet (taken off).
All in all beating Champions looks like we have promising base for next season.
Solihull charge only £5 for concessions compared to £11+ at Stockpor, Nuneaton etc.
Shows you don't need to squeeze fans to win the league. Well done to Solihull. Best of luck next season.
Ed

Return to Chorley FC