Disgraceful Supporter(s)

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Disgraceful Supporter(s)

Postby magpie1875 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:28 pm

It’s all across social media, so why no comment on here?

At Solihull to day at least one supporter unleashed a volley of verbal abuse aimed at our manager and coaching staff, calling them "retards" amongst many other things.

I find this behaviour absolutely abhorrent and the individual should own up, shut up and never darken the good name of Chorley Football Club again. We are a family club and our fan base covers a wide range of race, age, religion and abilities. Something like this beyond defence. No doubt alcohol will be used as an excuse; if you can’t take it, don’t drink it.

YOU ARE A DISGRACE - STAY AWAY.

I await the censorship police and their delete button
magpie1875

Re: Disgraceful Supporter(s)

Postby Pete Rothwell » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:30 pm

As long as posts conform to forum rules then they will remain within the thread.

If they do not, they will be removed.

I wasn't at the game so cannot comment on it but from the little I've read I completely agree with you. CFC has worked very hard with other organisations/ charities to help to share knowledge and understanding of these matters. I'm sure that Matt and Lionel know that.
Pete Rothwell
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:09 am

Where is it on social media?
Tempie

Postby Pete Rothwell » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:57 am

There are a few comments on individuals twitter accounts. AFAIK nothing was posted via any official media channel. I'm sure the club will respond accordingly in due course.
Pete Rothwell
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:18 am

IMO Magpie1875 whoever you are, Is there any need for this type of post? If you know who the idiot was why not talk about it face to face rather than airing dirty laundry on a public forum? Doesn't look good for other fans of other clubs who will use this as a shot against CFC. Private matters no matter how public, should be kept private. You yourself criticised people on here for posting negative, and this is a negative post
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:15 pm

I have to disagree with you Ian, it's not a negative post, the OP is merely pointing out something that happened which by the sound of it was pretty outrageous. It also can't be a private matter when the comment(s) were quite obviously aired in public and were heard by numerous people. If the perpetrator had physically abused someone then there would be a mad clamour to identify the person. I know about 'sticks and stones' etc but if the abuse was as offensive as people are making out then it is totally out of order and maybe the offended should be identified.
Mick

Postby Igrapop » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:09 pm

Dear All

I'm temporarily out of retirement at the request of one of the moderators in an attempt to draw a line under this incident. This FORUM is the correct place to discuss things & the OP & Mick are correct but rather than airing dirty laundry they are simply seeking to clarify & resolve what went on.

On to Saturdays incident
I can confirm that a Chorley supporter made their way round to the away dugout partway through the second half on Saturday with the game still at 0-0. They then proceeded to make several mocking remarks clearly aimed at the management team, questioning their ability, while the game was in progress. This then culminated in a volley of abuse utilising a particularly abusive term which was clearly heard by myself & several other Chorley supporters as well as some Solihull officials who were stood near me. To say the language used was abusive was an understatement, it was totally unwarranted & unacceptable & was in danger of making a mockery of a lot of hard work the club & its supporters have done in breaking down prejudice & misconception against sections of our community.

To the persons credit they contacted me in person yesterday to apologise after realising what they had done & have asked me to pass on their unreserved apologies to everyone who was there & everyone involved with the club including players, supporters & officials.

As far as the club are concerned this should draw the matter to a close then we can get back to what we should be doing supporting CFC on & off the pitch.

#magpiefamily~Be Part Of It!
Igrapop

Return to Chorley FC