Three in

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Re: Three in

Postby Paul Brennan » Sat May 14, 2016 11:31 am

Paul Brennan

Postby Pete Rothwell » Sat May 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Whoever we get I hope he's fleet of foot. I like to see a player who goes hell for leather.....
Pete Rothwell
Site Admin

Postby mike1 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Pete Rothwell wrote:Whoever we get I hope he's fleet of foot. I like to see a player who goes hell for leather.....

I'm not gaining too much from that coded comment, except that there may be a Fylde coast connection in the Fleet link. Speaking of which, inland from the coast, Fylde manager Dave Challinor was talking after the Ferriby defeat about some of his players having (sadly) played their last match for Fylde, owing to the need to improve the squad. It will be interesting to see who is released as Mr Challinor has a tendency to offload some quality over-hastily. I hope Matt and colleagues will be watching events there closely. There are one or two I can think of who, if released, could do a good job for us. One in particular has already worn the famous black and white.
mike1

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon May 16, 2016 5:12 pm

Maybe Ian Leather is back :\
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon May 16, 2016 5:14 pm

mike1 wrote:
Pete Rothwell wrote:Whoever we get I hope he's fleet of foot. I like to see a player who goes hell for leather.....

I'm not gaining too much from that coded comment, except that there may be a Fylde coast connection in the Fleet link. Speaking of which, inland from the coast, Fylde manager Dave Challinor was talking after the Ferriby defeat about some of his players having (sadly) played their last match for Fylde, owing to the need to improve the squad. It will be interesting to see who is released as Mr Challinor has a tendency to offload some quality over-hastily. I hope Matt and colleagues will be watching events there closely. There are one or two I can think of who, if released, could do a good job for us. One in particular has already worn the famous black and white.

Possibly more so about them going full time from next season. Some players naturally won't be able to commit due to having jobs elsewhere so they'll have to be offloaded.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby john gunn » Tue May 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Or maybe a quick read of the Altrincham web pages may lead you to the answer.
john gunn

Postby Tempie » Tue May 17, 2016 4:57 pm

Scott leather signs!!
Tempie

Postby mike1 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:34 pm

Tempie wrote:Scott leather signs!!

Looks like a very good signing. The Alty fans clearly rate him and are disappointed to see Scott Leather leave. He is described as young and versatile which are two strong qualities. The implication that he has got a 'better deal' at Chorley shows the club in a good light and suggests real ambition. Well done to all concerned!
mike1

Postby Prodigal son » Tue May 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Very pleased with this signing, shows our intent, think MJ has recruited well so far, am hoping for at least a couple more yet. Can't wait for the new season to come round.
Prodigal son

Postby Tempie » Wed May 18, 2016 9:10 am

Really pleased with the signings so far!! I critisised the recruitment last season but so far the club seem to be doing a good job. If we can get hold of a good midfielder then I think we will be almost there. Sad to see Dean officially leave because at his best he was a joy to watch but last season he was terrible. Time will tell as to whether we can keep daz though
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed May 18, 2016 10:22 am

More than impressed with the signings so far, lets hope we can keep hold of them until the registration date. Like others, I've been critical also in the past of recent managers not signing anyone til the middle of July etc, but seems we're showing our hand early on and very excited for the new season already.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ed » Wed May 18, 2016 11:49 am

Any relation to Ian?
Now there was a reliable defender.

(Ian Leather, that is, not Livesey!)
Ed

Postby mike1 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:39 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:More than impressed with the signings so far, lets hope we can keep hold of them until the registration date. Like others, I've been critical also in the past of recent managers not signing anyone til the middle of July etc, but seems we're showing our hand early on and very excited for the new season already.

Danny Lloyd-McGoldrick is leaving Fylde - for where? If not too late, I'd be delighted to see him return to Victory Park. Class player at this level.
mike1

Postby Prodigal son » Wed May 18, 2016 6:37 pm

That would be a good signing, also Chris Doyle has been released by Morecambe.
Prodigal son

Postby Magpie In Wigan » Wed May 18, 2016 8:58 pm

I would be getting straight on the phone to Doyle, I have never really been a fan of bringing in lots of loan signings but would be more than happy to welcome Doyle back on a permanent basis
Magpie In Wigan

Postby Tempie » Thu May 19, 2016 10:54 am

I got straight on to tweeting Doyle yesterday! Let's get him to chorley. If he'd have stayed all last season we would have been in the playoffs. That simple
Tempie

Postby Magpie In Wigan » Thu May 19, 2016 11:42 am

Got onboard Tempie tweet sent to Chris Doyle, can't hurt can it :lol:
Magpie In Wigan

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu May 19, 2016 5:40 pm

I think all we need is a defender and midfielder now then we have a great squad.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Magpie In Wigan » Thu May 19, 2016 7:50 pm

Of course that could still change Ian, early days yet we could lose plenty of players between now and the start of the season, lets hope not but keep hearing several players names being mentioned
Magpie In Wigan

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu May 19, 2016 9:31 pm

I know Stockport fans are desperate to see Danny Lloyd at their club
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri May 20, 2016 9:45 am

Can't have Lloyd. Gone to Stockport
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon May 23, 2016 10:43 am

CMW gone to Stockport now
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Mon May 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Pretty disappointing given the risk chorley took signing him. I could care less about what he's done in the past but we are better off without players that show that level of loyalty and gratitude to people who backed him. He will clearly fit in well at Stockport
Tempie

Postby Paul Brennan » Mon May 23, 2016 1:20 pm

Have to agree Tempie -considering the way CFC gave support and withstood criticism about the signing, not a good way to show your "gratitude".

This from the Stockport report
""Because of his CV and profile Courtney has had great interest with at least two league clubs contacting him and strong offers from Chorley and other clubs at National League level. Because of his ambition and potential it was the right step for him to leave his previous club and move towards bigger and better things. (My emphasis).

Time will tell
Paul Brennan

Postby countyfan » Mon May 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Tempie wrote:I could care less about what he's done in the past but we are better off without players that show that level of loyalty and gratitude to people who backed him. He will clearly fit in well at Stockport

Sounds a bit touchy.
countyfan

Postby Magpie In Wigan » Mon May 23, 2016 3:41 pm

I wouldn't call it touchy, the player needed someone to take him on, it always going to be difficult due to his past for us to give him a chance, was always a risk to the name of our club, so after he joined and there was surprisingly little noise made towards the signing from inside the club or even more surprisingly from opposition fans, we where used as a stepping stone towards fitness, not shocked to be honest but would have appreciated some thanks towards the club, given the amount of games he played we can't expect loyalty, especially as he wasn't a contracted player, but just another player that will move on without a second thought, quality player but don't expect to keep him long term, he will be looking to move onwards and upwards.
Magpie In Wigan

Postby countyfan » Mon May 23, 2016 4:08 pm

That's fair enough, however he may have gratitude towards your club - the report on the County website doesn't have any comments from the player himself. I just think considering he was on non-contract terms it's hardly a lack of loyalty to accept the offer of a proper contract elsewhere as he tries to build his career back up. Not sure whether you lot offered him a contract, and if you did he has a decision to make regarding what's best for himself. Maybe we offered him better terms, maybe be bought into Gannon's plans for next year and feels he has a better chance of success here, or it might be he's more local to County, having spent much of youth career at City (though I think he's from Bury originally, so I'd imagine our clubs are equidistant from there). I'm sure he will be looking to move "onwards an upwards"... he's 21 and a former England Under-18 captain, and if he does manage to move upwards that will mean he's consistently performed well for County. Hopefully he can move upwards with us before he moves on.
countyfan

Postby countyfan » Mon May 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Regarding the 'touchy' comment, I meant that in relation to the fact it was suggested his lack of loyalty and gratitude "would fit in well at Stockport".
countyfan

Postby stannesmagpie » Mon May 23, 2016 4:13 pm

At the risk of reigniting the debate about Meppen-Walter, Tempie doesn't appear to care about what he did which made him such a controversial signing. Well I care that due to his recklessness while behind the wheel, two innocent people lost their lives. in my opinion, that does matter a great deal, and whether or not he is showing any loyalty to Chorley pales into insignificance as far as I am concerned. He's gone now, and so be it because I recognise that he's a decent player, but please don't just brush over his past like it doesn't matter, because I'm sure it does to those forever blighted by his actions, and I hope it actually does matter to him, and makes him want to turn his life around.
stannesmagpie

Postby mark » Mon May 23, 2016 4:16 pm

We have done this what feels like a dozen times, no need to go over old ground again surely.
mark
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Chorley FC