Three in

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Re: Three in

Postby countyfan » Mon May 23, 2016 4:20 pm

I think he epitomises the problems surrounding young players at top clubs getting too much too soon. There's no way an 18 year old kid who had passed his test less than 12 months ago should be driving a high powered Mercedes. What he did was stupid. He wasn't drunk and didn't flee the scene of the crash (unlike Lee Hughes) - it was an absolutely massive mistake, and something that he will (should) carry with him for the rest of his life. Whether his sentence was appropriate is debatable, but I trust Gannon will have assessed his personality, and if he is humble and remorseful for his actions who are we to deny him a second chance to rebuild his career that he all but destroyed in one moment of immaturity?
countyfan

Postby mark » Mon May 23, 2016 4:24 pm

And let that be the final person to weigh in please, otherwise I will start deleting posts before this thread veers off onto the same old same old path
mark
Site Admin

Postby extech » Mon May 23, 2016 4:26 pm

A thanks would have been nice though for taking a chance on him, football wise he was well supported during his time here. Still I suppose there's not much loyalty, or gratitude, expressed anywhere anymore
extech

Postby Soapbox » Mon May 23, 2016 5:33 pm

....................for gods sake move on!
Soapbox

Postby man in the stand » Mon May 23, 2016 7:15 pm

The problem, and it is no ones fault, is that we can't compete financially against these big time clubs.
man in the stand

Postby andrewa » Mon May 23, 2016 7:44 pm

It is possible to create a very successful team without having a squad full of highly paid "stars" !
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Mon May 23, 2016 7:58 pm

Sorry if my earlier post caused offence it was poorly worded. What I was trying to say was we took a chance on a very overweight player and Matt stuck his neck out for him. Matt said in the paper that cmw wasn't returning his calls. That's the the lack of gratitude and respect I'm talking about. From a footballing point of view I'm not overly bothered because he's not mobile enough to play midfield and we've just signed a very good centre back. Which at the same time proves we can in fact pay the wages for good players. I'm really pleased with the club's recruitment so far and this hasn't worried me at all
Tempie

Postby stannesmagpie » Mon May 23, 2016 8:12 pm

Thanks Tempie for the clarification in response to my previous e mail. To everyone, I agree that we move on from the CMW issue, and think about the players that we already have, and the quality ones that I hope we will bring in before the start of the season.
stannesmagpie

Postby Ed » Mon May 23, 2016 10:05 pm

County have brought in two defenders from a team that only finished one place above them in VNN.
Matt has brought in two or three defenders from league above, Vanarama National. Which manager's recruiting do you prefer?
Ed

Postby Tempie » Tue May 24, 2016 8:49 am

Great post. Matt and the club have done really well so with recruitment. I'd love to see Doyle added and a midfielder, then I think we will be about there
Tempie

Postby Prodigal son » Tue May 24, 2016 9:16 am

Totally agree, Tempie, being a bit greedy would like a very speedy wide player as well, then we should be really ready. COYM!
Prodigal son

Postby 2 4 Joy » Wed May 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Good riddance to Meppen-Walter and shame on Jansen for signing him in the first place. No surprise he has stayed 5 minutes and moved on. In my opinion he's the sort of player who will regularly move from one club to another and achieve nothing. He's shown his true colours and I hope Jansen learns from this experience.

More importantly, I hope those fans who felt they couldn't watch the team whilst he was playing will return next season. They are much more important than any individual.
2 4 Joy

Postby Ed » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Bond gone to Fylde.
Guess full-time opportunity
Ed

Postby Tempie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Another one who seemingly has no loyalty! We gave him a contract, released him based on a gentlemans agreement that he could go back into the league, Matt says we've got first refusal if ur doesn't work out and then he goes and signs for our local rivals.
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:33 pm

Tempie wrote:Another one who seemingly has no loyalty! We gave him a contract, released him based on a gentlemans agreement that he could go back into the league, Matt says we've got first refusal if ur doesn't work out and then he goes and signs for our local rivals.

Let him. IMO don't need players like that.

Who am I kidding, I'd love to have him back but seems £ylde got there first. If they don't win the league it'll be an absolute disaster for them. Fingers crossed.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby ste faz » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:01 am

If we did have 1st refusal on Bond then perhaps Matt didn't want to take it up after Bond's open criticism of NLN standards when he signed for Crawley.Could well have upset some of our boys.
ste faz

Postby VictorEPark » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:00 pm

Fylde will NOT win league. Probably won't make playoffs.
A full time team would cost minimum of 14 players at £25000 (average salary) which equals £350,000. On gates of 800 @ £10 entry they will be £200+ grand short.
So will possibly do a Nuneaton /Ilkeston and use lots of younger/cheaper players. Until these players develop Fylde will be no more than average.

Stockport are recruiting a championship side. Gainsborough are recruiting like mad. DArlo and Salford. Plus the relegated clubs like Halifax and KidderminstEr. With at least 6 big crowd teams in our league it will be tighter than ever.
VictorEPark

Postby Tempie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:57 pm

I agree, the league will be very tight this year and everyone will take points off each other. Which could play right into our hands. We've recruited pretty well so far and with our style on that bobly pitch, we will as usual be very hard to beat at home. If we can get enough points away from home we will be in the mix come next April. Coym
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:23 pm

VictorEPark wrote:Fylde will NOT win league. Probably won't make playoffs.
A full time team would cost minimum of 14 players at £25000 (average salary) which equals £350,000. On gates of 800 @ £10 entry they will be £200+ grand short.
So will possibly do a Nuneaton /Ilkeston and use lots of younger/cheaper players. Until these players develop Fylde will be no more than average.

Stockport are recruiting a championship side. Gainsborough are recruiting like mad. DArlo and Salford. Plus the relegated clubs like Halifax and KidderminstEr. With at least 6 big crowd teams in our league it will be tighter than ever.

"Don't worry about money" - AFC Fylde fan
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Paul Brennan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:18 pm

Bond on signing for Fylde:
“I wasn’t concerned at all about dropping back into non-league. The big plus for me was staying full time. It was difficult getting used to part-time football at Chorley, but being full time in this league will give us a massive advantage and I’m delighted to be involved.”
Possibly money also played a part. :D
Paul Brennan

Postby metz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Paul Brennan wrote:Bond on signing for Fylde:
“I wasn’t concerned at all about dropping back into non-league. The big plus for me was staying full time. It was difficult getting used to part-time football at Chorley, but being full time in this league will give us a massive advantage and I’m delighted to be involved.”
Possibly money also played a part. :D

Agreed. I've read the article on the Fylde website and the fact that Bond is a former Chorley player gets mentioned a few times ... as if it's a major coup offering an ex full time league player full time football at - no doubt - wages which are superior to what we could offer him. Good luck to him at Fylde :roll:
metz

Postby Tempie » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:46 pm

I'd rather have players that want to play for us. I got the impression bond never really wanted to play for us, it was just convientient. CMW lost about 2 ounces in the time he was with us and even Deano didn't look interested at times last year. Fylde will just have a team of individuals who are the worst full time players in the country. I rather have jake cotterell any day.
Tempie

Previous

Return to Chorley FC