What price Darren S?

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

What price Darren S?

Postby Ed » Sun May 29, 2016 5:57 pm

Today's Non League Paper understands "Stephenson wants to move into full-time football and has requested a transfer".
But "Chorley are determined they will only sell if their valuation is met".

Surely Daz has the skill, pace and goal-scoring ability and deserves a chance at a league club. But at what price? Should Chorley hold out for a big initial fee now or a generous 30% -40%+ sell-on clause? Could Daz be the next million pound non-league player? I'd back him over 50m against Vardy for pace (after all JV is 29).

Go for the sell-on - he could be the next big name at Leicester City.

Whatever, I think he owes it to himself to think BIG and reject any non-league offers. Championship as a minimum. Rovers, perhaps, and I don't mean non-league Tranmere.
Ed

Re: What price Darren S?

Postby Tempie » Sun May 29, 2016 9:03 pm

Haha I'm not sure how seriously to take that post. Championship minimum? Have you been enjoying the beer festival lol! I'm not even convinced he's our best player
Tempie

Postby Ed » Mon May 30, 2016 10:21 am

Ok, Div 1 minimum. In the right team he could do really well. The NLNP mentioned The Rovers. Tranmere Rovers.
Ed

Postby Ed » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:42 pm

The NLNP back in May was right it seems.
Tranmere are a big club but if they don't go up then Darren may have a few more seasons to wait for the big time.

Full-time football seems to be a draw for young ambitious players. Maybe Fylde's decision to go FT has some merit.
Ed

Return to Chorley FC