Pre-Season friendlies National North

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Pre-Season friendlies National North

Postby mike1 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:26 am

It's not all rosy in the gardens at AFC Fylde and FC United. The Coasters are seemingly rebuilding the squad with several familiar names missing from the line-up for the opening friendly at home to Stranraer who won comfortably 2-0. Sounds like the Fylde players are already suffering a measure of fatigue from full-time training during the day and then a match in the evening, according to their boss. Elsewhere FC United didn't exactly hit the ground running in North Wales where they were hammered 5-1 by Rhyl. In contrast FC Halifax Town raised a few eyebrows with an 8-1 demolition of Brighouse Town. Far too early to read a lot into these statistics but those first two results are still surprising. FC United apparently, apart from the reported behind-the-scenes turmoil, have not made too many significant signings. It could be extra-interesting on 6th August
mike1

Re: Pre-Season friendlies National North

Postby Tempie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:34 am

More significant than the result, fylde had an attendance of 220!! That's pathetic.
Tempie

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Ryan

Postby Tempie » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:09 am

Hahahahahah the funniest but is the fact the describe fleetwood as rivals! Get real!
Tempie

Postby metz » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:24 pm

Upset that Fleetwood didn't have the decency to talk to them about Dion ... well if he's not contracted to the club, then as a free agent I'd have thought they were well within their rights to do so. At the end of the day there has been an admin error which caused this, but Fylde should not have played him until the FA confirmed his registration with the club.

Interestingly I've seen a comment on Facebook this morning from another ex Fylde player who says that this has happened before with a different player at the club. Seems they should tighten up on their administration processes.

On another note, if the lad was so happy at the club, with them having tripled his wages last season, to the extent that he could give up his job and play full time, why would he be looking elsewhere? Perhaps everything at Kellemergh Park/Mill Farm is not as rosy as they are painting.

Further, they were unhappy that The Chorley Guardian named Fylde as the club who had tried to get Jake to sign for them, yet they're making a huge deal about Fleetwood .... double standards :)
Last edited by metz on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metz

Postby Mick » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:26 pm

I can sympathise, this failure to register lark also used to happen to us when I played for an amateur club.
Mick

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:10 am

Tempie wrote:Hahahahahah the funniest but is the fact the describe fleetwood as rivals! Get real!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:12 am

Mick wrote:I can sympathise, this failure to register lark also used to happen to us when I played for an amateur club.

8)
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC