Kidderminster Harriers (a)

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Kidderminster Harriers (a)

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:00 am

So it's 26 years since the last time we faced them, but can someone help me, which was first? The 3-1 away defeat or the 1-0 home win?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Re: Kidderminster Harriers (a)

Postby lesfow » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:56 am

sep 30 away, feb 10 home
lesfow

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:31 am

lesfow wrote:sep 30 away, feb 10 home

Cheers Les :)
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ryan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Please tell me you had that written down somewhere and didn't just pull it from memory.
Ryan

Postby Ed » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Can we do a Brackley? Kidd 1-2 Brackley
Ed

Postby reco » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:58 pm

Looking forward to this one. Last away day was Buxton when we won the league, been far too long. 840 I believe- I looked it up the other day.

Anyone going on the train from Manchester Picc? Will see you at Stoke-On-Trent station.
Also don't change at Wovlerhampton then Smethwick golton bridge head straight down to Birmingham NS and walk round to Brimingham Snow Hill can get on the train you would get at Smethwick.

Also save room for the Kiddy pie- Football's most expensive pie and for good reason too.
reco

Postby Ryan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Pies at Kidderminster are over priced, over rated and under populated with meat.
Ryan

Postby mark » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:25 pm

I found the pies at Alfreton to be the best in the league by some distance, although I have not been to Kidderminster.
mark
Site Admin

Postby JONATHAN FROST » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Should anyone want a superb pint of real ale prior to the game, then visit the Weavers Real Ale House, a micro pub. It is not too far from the ground.
JONATHAN FROST

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:48 pm

JONATHAN FROST wrote:Should anyone want a superb pint of real ale prior to the game, then visit the Weavers Real Ale House, a micro pub. It is not too far from the ground.

I concur :)
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Harriers9 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:43 am

Here's a pub map for you. The pick of the best is the aforementioned Weavers and also the King & Castle at the SVR station. If coming by train then exit the National station and it's right in front of you.

Also the Railway Bell Hotel on the other side of the road and slightly away from town down a side street is the Station Inn in Farfield. Don't forget that there is the Harriers own pub, the Final Whistle, and also the Supporters Club on the other side of the ground where you can get in for a quid but the beer is cheap.

We hope you enjoy your day but not to the extent of us gifting you three points.

https://www.bing.com/mapspreview?v=2&encType=1&cid=9992B759B5745B17!243
Harriers9

Postby Jue » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Ryan wrote:

Please tell me you had that written down somewhere and didn't just pull it from memory.

I'm more intrigued that he joined in March this year yet only posted once. That must have really been worth the reply!
Jue

Postby reco » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Is Teague suspended for tomorrow's match for his red card last weekend or is it still two weeks before kicking in.
http://www.chorleycitizen.co.uk/sport/1 ... _Harriers/
reco

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:35 pm

reco wrote:Is Teague suspended for tomorrow's match for his red card last weekend or is it still two weeks before kicking in.
http://www.chorleycitizen.co.uk/sport/1 ... _Harriers/

I've just asked the man himself, he is.

It seems that rule has changed now with suspensions starting 1 week after the offence, rather than 2
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby reco » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:58 pm

A point apiece and another missed penalty. Is Sam Ashton going to take our next one?

First half we gave them a lot of space but after HT we tightened it up and looked the better side IMO as the defence looked strong and never really looked like being beaten. Leather and Jordan did well IMO and made a few excellent tackles to stop the Harriers from getting in.

Going forward I think we will be better off playing ball into feet for Gonzales. But going forward once Gonzales and Carver bed in then we could have a strike force that will have many defences running for the hills and if they were hard to break down the Walker can come on.

Was good see so many old faces again today.
reco

Postby Tempie » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:06 pm

i thought I was a very good point for us. Much like the fc game where we deserved the win, kiddy probably edged it today. They played very good football and where a threat but credit to us for holding them off. I'm sure they will be challenging this season but if we can draw away from home against the top teams like kiddy, we will be challenging too!! COYM
Tempie

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:21 am

Didn't go but would have taken a point before the game started so have to be pleased with that result, sounded like the defence were excellent today, gives Jansen a problem for Tuesday but that is good, just need to sort out this penalty situation asap then hopefully we can move on. Looking forward to the game against BPA, no repeat of last season please, (3 up and cocked it up), 3 points from this game will set us up nicely for another home game with Boston. Feeling quite optimistic, think we will do well this season. COYM
Prodigal son

Return to Chorley FC