Development squad

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Development squad

Postby Tempie » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:01 am

Went to the game last night. Very worthwhile and the football the young lads played was excellent. Louis Myers was absolutely outstanding throughout the game. I'm sure it won't be long before we see him involved in the 1st team
Tempie

Re: Development squad

Postby Ian R » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:14 am

Very impressed
Ian R

Postby Tempie » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:48 am

I hope the 1st team coaching staff went to watch!!
Tempie

Postby Paul Brennan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:11 am

Tempie wrote:Went to the game last night. Very worthwhile and the football the young lads played was excellent. Louis Myers was absolutely outstanding throughout the game. I'm sure it won't be long before we see him involved in the 1st team

Tempie-I didn't get to the game. It would be really interesting to read more of your opinions of Louis -where do you see him playing-midfield, up front ? what are his key strengths -vision, skill on the ball,tackling etc? Maybe Matt, Vermo etc might read this if they didn't go either :)
Paul Brennan

Postby Tempie » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:32 am

He played up front. He was twice as good as anyone on the pitch! And I include jack lynch and Adam roscoe in that. Although Adam was playing as a centre back. Tbh his all round game was excellent he's very quick, skillfull and strong. He was picking the ball up deep and then going past defenders with complete ease. He hit an absolute rocket from 25yards that smashed into the bar. Scored one when out through one on one with the keeper and his other was a header from a corner. Their keeper saved a few of his shots too. He could have had 5 or 6. There wasn't any obvious weakness. The conference North is much higher standard but like I said he really stood out.
Tempie

Postby Prodigal son » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:12 pm

That is great to hear, hopefully he will at least get a run out in the Lancs Cup tie at Prestwich,which is coming up quite soon, need to use these lads if they are good enough. In fairness Jansen did say that 2 or 3 of them were already "knocking on the door".
Prodigal son

Return to Chorley FC