Louis Myers

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Louis Myers

Postby metz » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:02 am

Louis, who signed a contract for the senior squad this week, having impressed with his attitude and work rate with the Development Squad, has signed for Ramsbottom Utd on a months loan, to give him vital game time in a senior team.

To whet your appetite, here he is on his debut yesterday, scoring a peach of a goal and assisting the other two - surely a Victory Park star in the making https://youtu.be/unv6t7M2r7U
metz

Re: Louis Myers

Postby Ed » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:28 pm

first goal
Last edited by Ed on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ed

Postby Charlie Magpie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:35 pm

Wow!!
It seems like Louis Myers has got off to a great start at Ramsbottom Utd.

I must admit to having confused Louis Myers with Louis Mayers, another young player with a strong Chorley connection.

Louis Mayers is presently playing at Lancaster City and has bagged 3 goals in 6 matches. His strike partner is Jordan Connerton who has scored 7 goals in 6 matches for the Dolly-blues.

Lancaster play Ramsbottom on Tuesday, 20th September and it will be interesting to see which Louis tops the score sheet. If both young players continue to progress I wonder if we will ever see Louis Mayers and Louis Myers on the same team sheet for Chorley FC?
Charlie Magpie

Postby Tempie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:46 am

I've said it a few times now but Louis Myers ( not mayers) will be in our first team very shortly. Being honest I can't see anyone else from the development squad that is close but Louis was in a different class. We've got very very good young player!
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:08 pm

As a follower from afar (South Coast) I was wondering why Louis Myers was not on the bench yesterday? I'm not saying he should have been necessarily , but after such good reports about him I was thinking he might be figuring in the Managers plans, now that his loan has finished.
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Good question! I've no idea!
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:38 pm

So come on, somebody must know!
andrewa

Postby JONATHAN FROST » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:57 pm

Andrewa, I am interested in knowing where you live on the south coast, I am also on the south coast, Plymouth to be precise, anywhere near myself?
JONATHAN FROST

Postby andrewa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:16 pm

I'm up in Kent mate, having to watch the Magpies on Twitter!
andrewa

Postby mark » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:20 pm

Jonathan, I've sent you a private message. You should be able to see it here: Your inbox

Sorry for interrupting. I was also a bit surprised that Louis Myers didn't make the bench, given we had no strikers on it. But you can't argue with 3-0.
mark
Site Admin

Postby metz » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:09 pm

From what I understand, Louis' loan period at Ramsbottom has been completed.

At the recent Meet the Manager session, I asked what the plans are going forward - the answer at the time was that the club wanted to send him out on loan to an EvoStik Premier club. As with Ramsbottom, this was to give him more game time in a senior squad; this time at a higher level than Ramsbottom.

Louis has been playing his youth football at Fleetwood Town where the league is a less physical game than in non league - the loans are to get him used to the different demands at this level.

I'm not sure if he has gone out on loan again at this stage, but I suspect so as he did not travel on Saturday.
metz

Postby andrewa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:28 pm

Thanks for that information, it's good to know that he's being looked after properly!
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:50 pm

I do find the Myers situation a bit strange. Firstly I thought the whole point of the development squad was to ensure we didn't have to send players out on loan/dual registration. That's what was said anyway, but I shouldn't mention my thoughts on the Dev squad or I'll get slated!!!!

I'm not convinced the timing of the loan was correct because we had games against dunston and Prestwich, which he could have played. Anyway He went to rammy, did very well and based on their forum they certainly rated him. I can't see why we didn't have a recall option because we certainly could have done with him at spennymoor.

As for Saturday against Bradford unless he was injured, I can't see why he didn't get some time off the bench.
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Guess he couldn't get time off the bench because he wasn't even on it.... it does all seem a bit strange, to me there is something to be said for throwing a young player in at the deep end. If it doesn't come off then reasess the situation. There are plenty examples at all levels where this approach has worked!
andrewa

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:05 pm

andrewa wrote:I'm up in Kent mate, having to watch the Magpies on Twitter!

Do you not listen?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby andrewa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:12 pm

Ha! Yes apologies for that, of course I listen, and very good it is too. Also enjoy Magpie TV!
andrewa

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:13 pm

andrewa wrote:Ha! Yes apologies for that, of course I listen, and very good it is too. Also enjoy Magpie TV!

:D :D :D
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby metz » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Club statement re Louis Myers

Young striker Louis Myers is currently side-lined after suffering a knee injury playing for the development squad in last week’s two-one away win at Workington.

The young striker who signed from Fleetwood Town in the summer was pressing for a call-up to the first team following a successful 28-day loan spell at Ramsbottom United.

During his spell with the Rams, due to the rules of the football loan system, he could not be recalled to Chorley during his initial month away from the club; had his loan been extended then the club would have been able to recall him if required.

The loan spell was intended to help Louis make the step up from junior football into the open age game, as while at Fleetwood he played predominantly in the under 18 and under 21 teams.

The spell with Ramsbottom in the North West Counties was part of a stepped progression plan the club was working to with a similar period with an Evo-Stik League side a potential option.  However, this will now be reassessed once the full extent of his injury has been determined and his rehabilitation begins.

Despite only making the briefest of appearances against Harrogate Town, Louis is still very much a big part of our future plans and the club will do everything it can support Louis during his recovery.

metz

Postby andrewa » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:10 am

It's good that the club have issued a statement...but a shame that Louis has picked up a knock. Let's hope it's not too serious and he can start challenging for a regular first team place very soon. Get well soon!
andrewa

Postby Jue » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:29 am

metz wrote:The spell with Ramsbottom in the North West Counties was part of a stepped progression plan the club was working to with a similar period with an Evo-Stik League side a potential option.  However, this will now be reassessed once the full extent of his injury has been determined and his rehabilitation begins.

Have Ramsbottom been informed about their relegation? :wink:
Jue

Postby andrewa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:36 am

They will be disappointed, especially after a good away win last night! :D
andrewa

Postby andrewa » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:57 pm

Does anyone have an update on how Louis is progressing after his injury?
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:16 pm

Well it's it's a cruciate so it'll be a good while. Someone at the club should know officially but I wouldn't bank on seeing him again anytime soon. Perhaps josh could ask Matt in a post match interview. Wouldn't mind knowing how long Sefton is out for too!
Tempie

Postby metz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Tempie wrote:Well it's it's a cruciate so it'll be a good while. Someone at the club should know officially but I wouldn't bank on seeing him again anytime soon. Perhaps josh could ask Matt in a post match interview. Wouldn't mind knowing how long Sefton is out for too!

Louis is out for the rest of the season with a cruciate ligament injury
metz

Return to Chorley FC