Brackley.. Game on?

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Brackley.. Game on?

Postby Jue » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:04 am

Well you can tell that we're doing well at the start of this season. It's game day and not one moan or groan about who the starting XI is going to be, how much we'll have to do to get a result and how the attendance is going to be lower because of our league position...
Jue

Re: Brackley.. Game on?

Postby Tommy Whizbang » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:05 pm

It's time to put a marker down then...
We've done a lot of the hard work to start the season like we have, so we should be getting the belief that we can go and win any game.
Beat this lot today, beat Salford on Tues, and bring it on.
I'd like to see that attitude in us.
Tommy Whizbang

Postby Tempie » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Haha I'll moan about the selection then! Take Blackman out of the midfield, he doesn't suit our tough tackling style. Roscoe is a better fit if dale isn't available. Can't help but feel Adam would have closed down the space for Altys second goal.
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Tempie wrote:Haha I'll moan about the selection then! Take Blackman out of the midfield, he doesn't suit our tough tackling style. Roscoe is a better fit if dale isn't available. Can't help but feel Adam would have closed down the space for Altys second goal.

Blakeman*
Anyway, noticed he was utilised as a defensive midfielder for some of the time today

I might be over-critical here but we played well today for the first 9 mintues and the last 9 minutes. It was against a tough side yes but why do we sit back when we're ahead? Desperately unlucky to hit the post a couple of times but a fair result when Sam makes some decent saves before that.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby man in the stand » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Tough tackling style? I really dont think Dale Whitham can be included in that categery at all. He just stood off most of the afternoon and I cannot recall him making a single tackle. He seems to pay more attention to his hair being out of place, but credit where it is due. He is very good at passing the ball sideways and backwards, and sometimes to his own players, which I guess is fine if you are a nailed on first name on the team sheet. I wonder what Jack Lynch and Adam Roscoe need to do to get a game?
man in the stand

Postby Prodigal son » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Have to say, my choice would be Roscoe as the holding midfielder all the time. Thought Brackley backed each other up well throughout the game, agree with Ian Livesey we were good for 20 minutes in two 10 minute spells at the start and at the end, in between was only ok. Was glad that Witham was selected ahead of O'Keefe though, still not clinical enough in front of goal, the woodwork has now cost us 4 points in the last two games.Very disappointed that we failed to cover Stephen Jordan when he injured his calf, that was the only reason they managed to score. Thought their RB was outstanding today, no wonder he was their MOM.
On a different note see Louis Myers bagged two more today for Ramsbottam, maybe we will need him for the first team sooner than was originally planned! On to Tuesday and another tough game, we really need three points from this game! COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Tempie » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:18 pm

The critics of dale Whitman baffle me! Quick to forget the two goals he's scored this season and he can tackle. Jack Lynch! Well I'm sorry but the lad is nowhere near good enough. He doesn't even look good in the development squad. Our best midfield consists of jake, dale, and then either one of josh or Adam roscoe. Brakeman is a left back who we chased all last season to play left back! Unfortunately we've now managed to get 3 left backs on the books haha
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:38 pm

Am I the only one then that thinks the introduction of Jarvis was a little too late in the game to make an impact? He himself this season has shown what he can do getting around the backs of defenders to put a short range cross in (Whitham's two goals). Would like to have seen him earlier
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Soapbox » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:10 am

There needs to be a reality check, Roscoe, Jarvis are good squad players, but not good enough for regular places. They both give their all but are not good enough. Don't understand the Blakeman critics, he reads the game well, keeps the ball and passes quite well, so what is the problem. He is better than Dale. We need to look forward and not back to days when these players did well for us in lower leagues. This league is a lot stronger than last year and to progress we need better players, which Matt has brought in. Support the lads whoever plays!
Soapbox

Postby Tommy Whizbang » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:14 pm

Didn't put a marker down.
Got 1 up and didn't go for it when we were in control for first 20.
But, we didn't lose...
And, Blakey looks like a good un to me - couldn't understand him coming off yesterday, as in the last 20 we had nowt in the middle.
Tommy Whizbang

Postby mark » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:24 pm

It's all about opinions isn't it? Good to see some healthy debate on here. I'm a fan of Jarvis myself, I would put him in as he has looked very dangerous down the left each time he's played. In central midfield I am a bit of an agnostic - I think Blakeman, O'Keefe and Whitham are much of a muchness. Hopefully one of them will start standing out now and change my mind on that.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Jue » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:52 am

Ian Livesey wrote:Am I the only one then that thinks the introduction of Jarvis was a little too late in the game to make an impact? He himself this season has shown what he can do getting around the backs of defenders to put a short range cross in (Whitham's two goals). Would like to have seen him earlier

Maybe a tad too late but what was nice to see is that Brackley may have been happy with the point but Jansen put Jarvo up front and was really going for it. Much more entertaining than clinging on to a draw.
Jue

Return to Chorley FC