Salford

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Salford

Postby Paul Brennan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:06 am

Great victory for CFC in fantastic atmosphere (in all senses).
What a performance for all the players, management and fans -best singing at a home game for a very long time. We were the more threatening and skilful of the sides -Jason Walker once again showed his class and quality in a "masterclass". All the others were not far behind.

Looking to maintain this excellent form in the Cup -but not underestimating Dunston -COYM!
Paul Brennan

Re: Salford

Postby charnock1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:47 am

I know Dale has his critics - especially on here. But let me be the first to say he scored a great goal, the build up and the finish was top
drawer - also his all round performance was very good. Agreed man of the match was Walker.

What about Salford - didn't think they were up to much to be honest, what they were good at was
- when 1 nil up time wasting
- moaning
- being over physical, that probably reflects their management style

Play off spot for them at best
charnock1

Postby Prodigal son » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:43 am

Excellent all round team performance, what a great set of lads MJ has got together at the club now, they are all playing for each other, just seen Dale's goal on Twitter, what a class build up and then that finish, well done Dale! Salford came for a war and got more than they bargained for, and class showed through in the end, both on and off the pitch, surely lots of those folk who came specially for this game will return after a game like that for £10 or less.
On to the cup, let's have a run this season and put some cash in the club coffers! COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Soapbox » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:51 am

Great gutsy performance, against a side who came to kick us - a poor reflection on their management team. Apart from Bradford, Salford are the worst side I have seen this year, cant see them getting near playoffs unless they sack their managers and spend even more money. We can get a play off spot, particularly if we can get a ball playing midfielder.
Soapbox

Postby Tempie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:15 am

Great game! Dale was excellent as we're all the lads! Credit where is due blakeman had a very good game too. I thought they were a really poor representation of their club. All they wanted to do was kick us and for their co-manager to refuse matts handshake at the end was terrible. People talk about the 'class of 92' there wa very little class from their managers last night.
Tempie

Postby mark » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:02 pm

There's a very even handed and detailed match report on Salford's website.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Tommy Whizbang » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:37 pm

Great win and good performances all round.
Walker excellent again.
Nice to see Scholesey on the terraces and good to see both sets of players in the club afterwards.

I think this was their "management duo" leaving the car park... :?:

Tommy Whizbang

Postby mark » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Gary Neville was there as well, I noticed. However there was only one former top level footballer watching who was pleased with the result.
mark
Site Admin

Postby metz » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:30 pm

Tommy Whizbang wrote:Great win and good performances all round.
Walker excellent again.
Nice to see Scholesey on the terraces and good to see both sets of players in the club afterwards.

I think this was their "management duo" leaving the car park... :?:

This had me literally laughing out loud at my desk. Nice one !! :!:
metz

Return to Chorley FC