Chorley FC Dev v Workington FC Dev FRiday 16/09/2016

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Chorley FC Dev v Workington FC Dev FRiday 16/09/2016

Postby Jamwil » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Friday Night Football returns tomorrow night as we welcome Workington to Victory Park. Get down and support Dave Chadwick's men as they look to bounce back following the defeat to Charnock Richard.

Kick off 8pm

Adults £3
Under 16's £1

Remember all funds go to the running and development of Chorley FC Youth Teams
Jamwil

Re: Chorley FC Dev v Workington FC Dev FRiday 16/09/2016

Postby Tempie » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Why have the prices changed from donations to £3??
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:07 pm

Tempie wrote:Why have the prices changed from donations to £3??

Probably the average donation was £3 so now they've set the price to that? To be honest, £3 represents great value for what's on offer
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:57 am

Well Ian I'm afraid I'm not going now. I was quite happy to drop few quid in the bucket for me and the mrs, then buy food and drink but I think the club are being silly here.

I've got a few issues with this development team and I've watch most of the games.

Firstly why have we entered a league that plays on a Friday night?? That rules out any potential First teamers from playing because they might be required (if we get an injury in the warm up or illness etc) to play 18hours later. The club said that this team could be used to give game time to fringe players. That's not able to happen properly. Jack lynch is a prime example he could do with 90min but what if he's called upon last minute tomorrow.

Secondly the standard isn't good enough to prepare players for the 1st team. This is highlighted by Louis Myers, he was far too good for that side and has to be loaned out to prepare for potential first team football which means he's not available to play for us and the cup game could have been perfect to give him half an hour if things are going well. Same apples to the Lancashire cup game. This all shows that the development squad isn't suitable or we wouldn't have had to loan him out.

If the club have got to fix admission prices to make it pay for itself then I'd question whether it is actually worth running the team because I can't really see how it is benefitting the first team. All that money and supporters pledges would surely be better spent on helping the 1st team with costs of hotels for long away trips etc.

Yeah this will be viewed as a negative post but I've watched the games and it's my opinion. Sorry
Tempie

Postby boo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:47 am

Sorry but have I missed something here.
You were willing to put a few quid in the bucket but won't pay £3
To go and watch. Seems to me you were after a freebie.
boo

Postby mark » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Tempie, it's a bit premature to write the endeavour off after a month, isn't it? If no players have progressed to the main squad by the end of next season,say, then I would say that makes it a failure.

As much as anything I think the point of the development squad is to attract and retain young players such as Louis Myers. The standard of the league is up for debate and I admit I have not attended any development squad matches so I won't comment on that.

Boo your response hardly does justice to Tempie's well argued post, does it?
mark
Site Admin

Postby boo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Mark I agree but it seem that it is about paying for something he thinks will fail if it wasn't about paying why was it the first paragraph of his post
boo

Postby Tempie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:42 pm

its not the fact that I have to pay £3 because I can afford that!! It's the fact that the club have now put a figure on it, which implies to me that they need to increase the funds generated by these games. Otherwise why start charging a set figure? That's what concerns me! If this development team is costing the club money then it's a worry because I really can't see the benefits that it brings.

You can't point to Louis Myers as a success because he was brought through fleetwoods academy and as Matt Jansen said in a recent interview ' he's been loaned out to learn about playing mans football' that comment highlights what I'm saying! If we've got to loan them out to prepare them to be involved with 1st team then whats the point.

It's just not living up to what the club said it would be and I can't see it offering many benefits to 1st team. A. Because the standard is poor and nowhere near 1st team level. B- the league games are on Friday nights and C- it appears that it's costing money that could be used on the 1st team.
Tempie

Postby Jamwil » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:44 pm

So the development squad itself is being questioned. If I could point out a few things. Having the development squad games has allowed the following players game time to gain match fitness without the need to go out on loan:

Andy Teague
Adam Blakeman
Will Beesley
Waqas Azam
Adam Roscoe
Jack Lynch
Jason Walker

So please tell me now it is not serving a purpose.

Tempie - Can I make a suggestion that you approach Dave Chadwick I am sure he would be happy to discuss your concerns and give you both his and the clubs vision for the development squad going forward.
Jamwil

Postby Tempie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:45 pm

No need for the aggressive post. How many of those first teamers played on a Friday night before a Saturday game? Jack lynch twice ( but then he was on the bench at Worcester the day after because Andy Teague was ill) and Adam roscoe played once. The others played in games that where on different days. Instead of telling me things that I already know because I've been to the games, why not answer my original points! Which are-why have we now decided to start charging people? And why are we playing on a Friday night?
Tempie

Postby Jamwil » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:23 pm

I don't believe the post is aggressive it is just stating facts, as for why home games are played on a Friday night and why are we charging can I request you approach the club director's officially with those questions. I am just a volunteer you like many others gives up a huge amount of my personal time to help build the profile of the club.
Jamwil

Postby Tempie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:06 pm

Ok that's fair enough pal. I was going to ask if the club wanted help with the pitch at the development games but I can't commit to Friday's and Saturdays. I hope it works because I was really pleased when I read about the concept of this side.
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:39 pm

For many years now we've been needing a "reserve"/"development" side, so your post Tempie comes across as a bit confusing. Development sides play development sides, so you can't expect any first team players (though Jamwil gives names) to gain anything from it apart from match fitness. Surely you're not saying that £3 isn't value for money. I've been to three myself and been thoroughly entertained by the football on offer. The Fleetwood game was played at a frentic pace, the Charnock and Barnoldswick games had goals in it. I'm sure the club will be on soon to explain why they're charging now. As I said, I think it was an average amount per person paid on the gate. Don't forget, it still needs a ton of money to be operational. We'll see the effect in due course.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:00 pm

Just seen the teamsheet for tonight's game. The referee's cost £88.30. So that's where the money is going .

Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Jamwil » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:06 am

Great opportunity this coming Thursday to ask any questions regarding the progress of the development squad as Dave Chadwick will now be joining the panel at the meet the manager night
Jamwil

Return to Chorley FC