Dunston FA Cup win

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Dunston FA Cup win

Postby mark » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:01 pm

What a great result, and from Twitter it looked like a good performance too. Yet again we hit the woodwork more than once in a match, but 2-0 is the important statistic of course.

Another important stat is the £95 it raised for youth development thanks to the pledges. There's a full article on the pledges complete with the up to date spreadsheet here.

We'd love it if a few more people got involved so we can give even more to the youth setup. And did you know that one pledger will win a season ticket for next season? Just reply here, send me a personal message, tweet @cfcst or email info@cfcst.org if you want to make a pledge. How about £1 for every goal in the FA Cup? 50p each time we hit the post? You name it, you can pledge it. Every penny goes to youth development, and we've already handed over £500.
mark
Site Admin

Re: Dunston FA Cup win

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:02 pm

Very consummate performance from the boys. Two goals in the first half killed it as a contest but could've extended that lead on a few occaisions. Credit to Dunston for a lovely day out. New ground for a lot of us and a nice cheque in the bank for prize money. Wouldn't mind Morpeth in the next round
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby reco » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:22 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:Very consummate performance from the boys. Two goals in the first half killed it as a contest but could've extended that lead on a few occaisions. Credit to Dunston for a lovely day out. New ground for a lot of us and a nice cheque in the bank for prize money. Wouldn't mind Morpeth in the next round

Morpeth would be a strong side to face as they defeated Blyth today at Croft Park and as we all know beat Hereford 4-1 at Wembley.
However a side such as ours should win.

The main thing is a good run is needed maybe one to the third round.
reco

Postby mark » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:36 pm

The run we are on now, to the third qualifying round, is already a pretty decent start. In 26 years watching I have seen us make the first round once, and that was 26 years ago. That win over Bury has a lot to answer for.

It would be neat if we drew Lancaster City, who knocked us and Dunston out of the FA Cup in 2003/04 before meeting Cambridge United in the first round. I can't go so just hope we win and set up a big fourth qualifying round match. Fylde are out I notice, as are Darlington, so there are two teams we might have feared to draw.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:32 am

Wasn't able to go yesterday due to a prior engagement, delighted the team did the business, well done again to Matt and the Management team. Let's just keep this successful run going, anybody at home please next though the weakest team left in the competition would be good. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:13 am

Prodigal son wrote:Let's just keep this successful run going, anybody at home please next though the weakest team left in the competition would be good. COYM

We're that strong at home I'd go as far to say we can take on the strongest side at VP and win.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:00 pm

Don't disagree Ian, just would like to make it as easy as possible.
Prodigal son

Postby Ed » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:54 pm

For a good cup run, I guess we need a strong defence (which we have) capable of 0-0 draws against full-time Vanarama sides AND five Deano-style penalty takers.
Not too sure about that :?
Ed

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Prodigal son wrote:Don't disagree Ian, just would like to make it as easy as possible.

I know. Every year I think it's our year. Hoping for a similar outcome in the draws as last year and to go one better. Southend Utd away in the 1st Round, that'll do
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Jue » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:37 am

My idea for the perfect draw would be an away draw, new ground, weakest team.
Jue

Return to Chorley FC