Food Bank

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Food Bank

Postby john joe » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Yesterday was our first of three food bank Collections organised by The Supporter's Trust, and we have a very creditable amount of food to deliver next week to the Living Waters Storehouse in Chorley.

Many thanks to all those fans that brought various food items down to the club and a special thank you is given to Fans from Harrogate Town, who brought several boxes and carrier bags full of food items, non league football fans at their best.

The next collections will take place on Saturday 19th November and Saturday 17th December for the run up to Christmas.
john joe

Re: Food Bank

Postby john joe » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:48 pm

We're going to follow up our successful food bank collection at the Harrogate match with two more, the next this coming Saturday 19th November when we play Gloucester City and then on 17th December when Tamworth will be our visitors.

Please give what you can spare to spread a bit of seasonal cheer among the less fortunate residents of the borough.

Items on the above dates can be left in the club reception area, or at the Trust table just outside the Social club.
john joe

Postby Paul Brennan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:10 am

Q1 -is the Food Bank collection still taking place this Saturday?

Q2 -is there going to be a collection for Radcliffe Boro?
Paul Brennan

Postby Ryan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:36 am

Paul Brennan wrote:Q1 -is the Food Bank collection still taking place this Saturday?

Hi Paul,
I'll take Q1 as it's a Supporters Trust initiative. The answer is a resounding yes! As it's our last home game before Christmas the Foodbank collection on Saturday is a really important one and I'd appeal to all supporters to consider making a donation for those less fortunate at this particular time of year.

Thanks
Ryan

Postby metz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Paul Brennan wrote:Q1 -is the Food Bank collection still taking place this Saturday?

I can answer the second question by referring to the thread started by 12th Man last Saturday. In it he wrote:

'Recently, a collection for Radcliffe borough was suggested and approved but didn't go ahead due to an unfortunate misunderstanding amongst a supporters group.
I would like to invite the supporters trust (or individual members) to hold a collection at next Saturday's game against Tamworth for a beneficiary of their choice, be that Radcliffe or as its Christmas perhaps toys for tots.
I have already made this suggestion to one of the team involved but would like to put a formal arrangement in place, please pm me with details.'

Not sure if anything has been organised, but the wheels have potentially been put in motion
metz

Postby Ryan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:11 pm

metz wrote:

I can answer the second question by referring to the thread started by 12th Man last Saturday. In it he wrote:

'Recently, a collection for Radcliffe borough was suggested and approved but didn't go ahead due to an unfortunate misunderstanding amongst a supporters group.
I would like to invite the supporters trust (or individual members) to hold a collection at next Saturday's game against Tamworth for a beneficiary of their choice, be that Radcliffe or as its Christmas perhaps toys for tots.
I have already made this suggestion to one of the team involved but would like to put a formal arrangement in place, please pm me with details.'

Not sure if anything has been organised, but the wheels have potentially been put in motion

To clarify: The Supporters Trust has had no involvement in any suggestions of or planning for a collection for Radcliffe Borough.

The Supporters Trust as an organisation is actively fund raising for a Sponsored Walk to Fylde (in support of the Trust and two local community charities), pledges for CFC Youth team and selling Raffle Tickets for the Club's annual Christmas draw as agreed by it's membership at monthly meetings.
In addition to this is the very important appeal for donations to the Foodbank as mentioned above which is our organisation's primary focus this Saturday, again as determined by the membership at monthly meetings.

On a personal note, I will happily contribute a few quid to a collection for Radcliffe should the group of Chorley FC supporters mentioned decide they want to accept 12th Man's offer and resurrect their idea of a bucket collection. I'm sure others will feel equally moved to do so. After, all the club's crowdfunder to help the secure the stadium was well supported by fans from numerous clubs, not just ours.
Ryan

Postby magpie1875 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:30 pm

Well Ian Livesey, are you going to follow through with your original suggestion and get the bucket(s) rattling on saturday for boro?
magpie1875

Postby mark » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:56 pm

Ryan wrote:
The Supporters Trust as an organisation is actively fund raising for a Sponsored Walk to Fylde (in support of the Trust and two local community charities), pledges for CFC Youth team and selling Raffle Tickets for the Club's annual Christmas draw as agreed by it's membership at monthly meetings.

Since we mention this I thought I'd take the opportunity to share the link to our fundraising page. Any donations will be very gratefully received and will help us push on through the pre-dawn gloom on Boxing Day.
mark
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC