Vs Stockport

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Vs Stockport

Postby Bondy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:17 pm

Can't believe that a thread has not been started. Really looking forward to this game, both sets of fans rightly feeling positive. Real team spirit at present and with the meanest defence in the league and the return of birthday boy Carver, hoping for another 3 points.

The weather is looking good and with a decent crowd expected it should be a great afternoon, COME ON YOU MAGPIES
Bondy

Re: Vs Stockport

Postby Weldbanker » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:52 pm

HT 0-0
Weldbanker

Postby Weldbanker » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:53 pm

FT 0-1.
Weldbanker

Postby Tempie » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:17 pm

Wasn't the best today. I thought we were second best today all over the park.
Tempie

Postby Ian R » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Tempie wrote:Wasn't the best today. I thought we were second best today all over the park.

Agreed,what happened to our mean defence with the goal
Ian R

Postby Prodigal son » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Not too much to add really, too many players not at their best today, but we have been excellent so far, look to bounce back on Monday. Switched off just for a moment for their goal.
Prodigal son

Postby toploader999 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:28 pm

Gannon got his tactics right today, first time ive seen us troubled at back. As Janny said a couple just off pace today. Onwards and upwards
toploader999

Postby Ed » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:46 pm

Very disappointing and some odd tactics.
Jarvo was brilliant at Bradford where he had room to attack, but up against a lively winger his defending leaves room...
ALL our midfield were unusually second best today.
When we changed formation, why take off a fully match fit Leather and leave Kieron (his first start in weeks) to tire towards end.
And their goal was clearly coming when everyone but Challoner and Sam went up for the corner.
Matt said he'd look at video to see if either was at fault; imo NEITHER WERE. The decision to crowd the box at corners was the problem and will always leave us vulnerable to breaks.
Generally County outplayed us. Yet I agree with Matt that we have the better squad.
Ed

Postby Tempie » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:11 am

Ed. for once I agree with what you've said lol! I think he choose leather because he had just been booked, but I've no idea why we changed the system the substitution required was carver for Gonzales. Sefton imo has been poor for a while. If it isn't going his way he just disappears. Yes I agree we have got mainly better players than them but the match was won by Lloyds quick thinking, pace and composure in front of goal. I'm afraid we don't have that.
Tempie

Postby mike1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Ed wrote:Very disappointing and some odd tactics.
Jarvo was brilliant at Bradford where he had room to attack, but up against a lively winger his defending leaves room...
ALL our midfield were unusually second best today.
And their goal was clearly coming when everyone but Challoner and Sam went up for the corner.
Matt said he'd look at video to see if either was at fault; imo NEITHER WERE. The decision to crowd the box at corners was the problem and will always leave us vulnerable to breaks.
Generally County outplayed us. Yet I agree with Matt that we have the better squad.

Good points here, Ed. I think we must hold our hands up and admit that County outpointed us yesterday and basically succeeded in stopping us from playing. There was little composure in our midfield with everything having to be done in a hurry because we were constantly closed down. The corner for us which led to their goal was a classic case of leaving the back door open. Teams hardly ever leave a situation where there is just one-on-one at the back rather than two-on-one to stem any breakaway - but that was the case yesterday. As Matt said, a lack of basic concentration there. Hinchcliffe's ability to launch a long clearance is always a potential threat and we didn't allow for it. Matt certainly took a risk in withdrawing Leather - was he influenced overmuch perhaps by the booking which preceded the change? In a match as intense as yesterday's it's just as important not to lose as to try to win. I thought Marcus unfortunately looked distinctly rusty when he came on. Our strikers do seem to be unable at times to really put their foot through the ball when shooting and we've missed out on a few goals this season through that. I don't think the strength of the Stockport squad should be undervalued. There are several players in it who would surely command a place in most teams. My concern at the moment is that such a hard afternoon's work by the players yesterday is hardly the preparation you want for another game coming rather too quickly on a Monday night! But if any team can recover in double-quick time, then I believe ours can! COYM
mike1

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Agree Mike about the short turn around but it's the same for both teams, in fact it could be said the after having to travel back from Brackley after losing perhaps Curzon are worse off than we are, either way lets get back to winning ways quickly on Monday. Agree Marcus looked less than sharp yesterday, but nothing a couple of games won't put right. COYM
Prodigal son

Return to Chorley FC