Gloucester

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Gloucester

Postby Prodigal son » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today, thought we kept at throughout, maybe a bit slack for their goal but came back strong to add 2 more. Excellent all round performance, have to mention Roscoe, always like it when he is in the side, adds physical presence to the defensive midfield. Work rate from the two up front and, of course, Jake was unbelievable, never stopped, that young man from BWFC has a big future in the game, hope we can keep him till after the Fylde double header.
Well done to all the lads today, great all round team effort. COYM
Prodigal son

Re: Gloucester

Postby Lawsyd » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:15 pm

I enjoyed it today. :D :D
Lawsyd

Postby Nox » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Great game. And one ,other than a brief spell at start of second half and then another brief spell after their goal, was completely dominated by Chorley. Looking at their forum one of the fans thought Gloucester were worth a point...lol..they are a decent team though and will be around the play offs come end of season.
I have to say our first disallowed pen was more of a oenalty than the one awarded.
Really impressed with walker and Carver. Also the little Messi (Alex) ...give him a start, he looks unplayable at times. Definitely knows where the goal is!
Well done boys, keep it up, one game at a time. And who knows...who knows....

#BELIEVE
Nox

Postby Tempie » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:09 pm

Totally agree. Thought we played really well. Carver and walker constantly threatened. The first 2 penalty shouts where more 'a penalty' than the one that was given. That said I thought the ref was tolerable today which makes a change! Well done lads COYM!
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:53 pm

Echo the above. Some well taken goals, and three of which scored by our forwards. Long may it continue
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Hmondo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:04 pm

Great performance indeed . Please though why change the goal music . Sorry but I did not enjoy that at all. Please take it back or play something better .
Hmondo

Postby extech » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:29 pm

Prefer no goal music at all!
extech

Postby mike1 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:54 pm

Prodigal son wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed the game today, thought we kept at throughout, maybe a bit slack for their goal but came back strong to add 2 more. Excellent all round performance, have to mention Roscoe, always like it when he is in the side, adds physical presence to the defensive midfield. Work rate from the two up front and, of course, Jake was unbelievable, never stopped, that young man from BWFC has a big future in the game, hope we can keep him till after the Fylde double header.
Well done to all the lads today, great all round team effort. COYM

Fully agree. The team never stop surprising me with the results consistently achieved this season, and all this in the face of serious injuries to key players. The defensive reorganisation in the crisis which suddenly befell the management has been quite remarkable and the highest praise is due to all concerned, both on and off the field. Given the supposed strength of the league this season, our second place is hugely creditable, perhaps unimaginable at the start of the season. I'm not convinced that the local sporting public have quite realised what heights are being scaled here! In my view, 'gates' of 1,000-plus should now be the very minimum to expect. Yes. I realise it was a bad day weather-wise on Saturday but I hoped for more than actually turned out. Fylde drew 1,500-plus and their attendances have really grown this term -- trebled, in fact. All I'm saying is that the team and the management fully deserve all the support the area can give them. This is a winning team - what more can be asked?
mike1

Postby RedJag » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Mike.Perhaps the parking situation is not helping.
If you are a casual spectator the lack of parking is a big turn off,especially on a day of bad weather.
RedJag

Postby Paul Brennan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:48 pm

mike1 wrote:
In my view, 'gates' of 1,000-plus should now be the very minimum to expect.

Agree with your sentiments, Mike though in addition to poor parking which is obviously permanent, all (apart from Wigan) of our local league teams were at home on Saturday and that might have added a few score to the attendance had they been away games.
900+ is very creditable in non-league terms but this team thoroughly deserve even better support. We just have to keep spreading the message of what they are doing.

On another note credit to the groundsman -or woman- because the pitch was much, much better than expected given the recent horrendous weather.
Paul Brennan

Postby Hmondo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:16 pm

extech wrote:Prefer no goal music at all!

Thats just being Grumpy
Hmondo

Return to Chorley FC