Surprise signing??

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Surprise signing??

Postby Ed » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:15 pm

Good news. We may be seeing Daz again this Christmas!!

BUT...
not content with only scoring nine, Fylde have now signed on loan our super striker from Tranmere.
Ed

Re: Surprise signing??

Postby andrewa » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Let's hope he's lost his sharpness.... easy to buy sucess when a club is minted, much better doing it like we are - team spirit, good management etc.
andrewa

Postby Ed » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:48 pm

Minted??
They're now certainly extra strong!

They've snaffled all the Polos, After 8s and Fox's glaciers.
Ed

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:48 pm

Don't care as he's not our player any more.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:22 pm

As Ian says- not really bothered. Just another one who thought the grass was greener. I do wonder how much say he had in the move because it's not the most respectful to his old club when we looked after him.
Tempie

Postby man in the stand » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Back in the day when Man City were newly minted, there was a feeling for a while that they were just signing players to prevent other clubs from getting them.
man in the stand

Postby Tempie » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:53 am

Man in the stand. That sounds about right. There isn't much that anyone can do about it though. History says that these type of clubs often suffer once the 'sugar daddy' gets bored or can't carry on.
Tempie

Postby Jue » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:59 am

Those who say they aren't bothered, I don't believe you.

Darren left Chorley with our very best wishes when he wanted to go full time and prove himself higher up - Now he's come back down into our league, to our promotion rivals. I do remember him stating that the only way he'd come back down is if it was to us... Same applies with Bond. Jansen let him try his luck at Crawley, door was always open to return, signed for Fylde. Money talks. :(

I do however slightly agree with how much say has he had in the loan deal?
Jue

Postby Tempie » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Jue- by saying I wasn't bothered, what I meant was footballing wise and this current time I wouldn't swap him for carver or walker and Alex seems a good impact player off the bench. So what I mean is at this current time we don't really need him. Might be different in January though.

Off the pitch, yes I think it's a joke!! I'm really disappointed in Darren! Just like I was with bond! Who was even worse! Given the fact we where good enough to let him go without a fee. It shows the true colours of the players though. Money talks.

But those type of players don't fit into what we are trying to achieve at chorley. Look at Marcus for instance. He turned down another professional deal at Accrington because he wanted to play for us and play football. That sort of commitment is evident every time he plays. 100% every time.
Tempie

Postby Prodigal son » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Agree with you Tempie, under our current system I prefer Carver and Walker and have to say the Samizadeh is much more clinical a finisher than Darren will ever be. My personal view is I wish Darren all the best ( except on Boxing Day and New Years Day) but I think he has returned to the correct level for himself, don't think he is a football league player at all. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby metz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:51 pm

Jue wrote:Those who say they aren't bothered, I don't believe you.

Darren left Chorley with our very best wishes when he wanted to go full time and prove himself higher up - Now he's come back down into our league, to our promotion rivals. I do remember him stating that the only way he'd come back down is if it was to us... Same applies with Bond. Jansen let him try his luck at Crawley, door was always open to return, signed for Fylde. Money talks. :(

I do however slightly agree with how much say has he had in the loan deal?

Money does talk, it's true. Darren is obviously on a full time wage with Tranmere and will be earning a full time wage with Fylde too. It's all very well him saying that the only way he'll come back down if it was to us, but realistically, would he be willing to take a pay cut to do so? In our 'real world' I was put at risk of redundancy last month - luckily I've been redeployed in the same company so keep my salary. Realistically speaking I could not, and was unwilling (unless I couldn't find a job with a similar salary) to take a drastic pay cut. In Darren's case, coming to Chorley that would be the reality. Same with Bond. Left a full time club to join another full time club, arguably at the back end of his playing career. Why wouldn't he?

I rated Darren, and still do but I won't lose any sleep with the fact he's gone to our rivals just up the road. We're competing against a club who are throwing everything, including the kitchen sink, at attracting players but still doing exceptionally well (for now) in the league. If the rumours are true, Danny Rowe has attracted interest from clubs such as Preston, Wigan and Rotherham - if he goes in the January transfer window, then I'd think that Darren's short term loan until Jan 7th could well become a season long loan, or even a permanent transfer. Again, can you see Chorley having the financial clout to compete with Mr Haythornthwaite and his seemingly open chequebook.

As I said on Facebook last night, we can either use our energy up being being bitter towards Darren when we play Fylde twice over the Christmas period, or we can use the same energy getting behind our lads who have done so very well in getting us to where we are now.

Incidentally, in response to some comments about Samizadeh's loan to us, it is open ended, not until January. Apparently Parkinson wants him to get plenty of game time under his belt and can stay with us until the Bolton manager wants him to return for the first team. Being a glass half-full kind of person, I'd hope that would be until the end of the season.
metz

Postby Paul Brennan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:30 pm

metz wrote:As I said on Facebook last night, we can either use our energy up being being bitter towards Darren when we play Fylde twice over the Christmas period, or we can use the same energy getting behind our lads who have done so very well in getting us to where we are now.

Well said, Metz. We are have gone to second on merit with the current squad -let's get behind the lads to help maintain that position
Paul Brennan

Postby andrewa » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:29 pm

To me(watching from a distance) Samizadeh looks very happy at Chorley, the team seem to love him too. This must auger well for a decent loan spell. The problems might start if Bolton have an injury crisis, then I'm sure he will be straight back down the A6.
Thanks very much by the way for match day Tweets, Commentary, post-match and TV. All terrific for those who can't make it to matches. :D
andrewa

Postby Magpie In Wigan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Lets be honest about this, we are a part time club a player left to get a pro contract, it looks like it hasn't worked out for him, he did well for us at the end of his time here, early on he could be a liability as he blew hot and cold, we improved him as a player and got decent money for him, now he needs to move on all be it for a months loan to get sharpness or who knows maybe permanent, the lad is now a full time player pretty sure Tranmere will want a chunk of their money back, so how many clubs in the area could you expect him to go to, pretty sure we aren't in the market to pay that kind of money in wages, but the biggest thing for all the magpies up in arms how many of you would leave your full time jobs to go back to a part time job, give the lad a break, Andy Bond did worse and in my opinion so did Andy Russell, I would rather talk about our current squad rather than bleat on about history, non league football has always been a merry go round, we have been lucky to employ so many loyal players over recent years onwards and upwards.
Magpie In Wigan

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:04 pm

I'd rather have Samizadeh on loan than Darren. Just sayin.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby RedJag » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Hasn't Alex scored for Bolton tonight in their Senior cup game?
RedJag

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:21 pm

RedJag wrote:Hasn't Alex scored for Bolton tonight in their Senior cup game?

You asking ?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby RedJag » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:37 pm

No.
RedJag

Return to Chorley FC