Guiseley.

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Guiseley.

Postby Prodigal son » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:51 pm

Played well today, just still short of a clinical finisher. Thought we bossed the game for large periods. Concentrate on League now. Well played lads.
Prodigal son

Re: Guiseley.

Postby tumbleweed » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:35 pm

Cannot believe we came away without at least a draw, it was the absolute minimum we deserved. When a team go up by 1 goal 15, 20' mins in and for the rest of the time resort to niggling and sheer time wasting play they know their in a game. We created more than enough opertunities to win the game keeping Guisley down to minimal chances, need better finishing but on the whole a fantastic performance and very very unlucky, .disappointing not come away with a win which on the balance of play we well deserved. WELL DONE.
tumbleweed

Postby Soapbox » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:48 am

Superb performance, we just need the midfield to get forward quicker to support Walker and Carver, who are often isolated. Thought the referee was poor, he allowed Guiseley to slow the game down by blatant time wasting and feigning injury, which stopped us building sustained momentum, but still a great display.
Soapbox

Postby mike1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:14 pm

Soapbox wrote:Superb performance, we just need the midfield to get forward quicker to support Walker and Carver, who are often isolated. Thought the referee was poor, he allowed Guiseley to slow the game down by blatant time wasting and feigning injury, which stopped us building sustained momentum, but still a great display.

Agreed it was a performance full of character - as usual. Defeat was hard to take and more so because the referee was too slow in clamping down on some cynical late challenges. He also missed a clear penalty second half when a defender was pushing one of our players all over the place beyond the far post as a corner came in. In fairness to Guiseley, they were up for it and showed they were streetwise in getting away with as much as they could. As has been pointed out, we are still short of an instinctive finisher in and around the box and a bit more creativity in midfield. I'd like to see Adam Blakeman restored to a more forward role as he has an eye for a defence-splitting pass. Sadly, Stephen Jordan will now miss three massive games. It really is pointless (when the game is virtually lost anyway) to get carded a couple of minutes from time with such immense consequences.
mike1

Postby Tempie » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Disappointing day really. It just wouldn't fall for us despite all the effort. I'm always looking to improve though and I think we need a rethink on set pieces now. We must of had between 10-15 corners yesterday. The set routine where we play it out for on running player to have a shot has gone stale. Everyone in the ground knows the signal and so do the opposition. We've got 3 centre backs plus carver whitham and roscoe. All those can head a ball so let's practise swinging in traditional corners and heading them in the net!! When was the last headed goal from a corner? I guess what I'm saying is that we don't have that creative midfielder or star striker so we need to use what we've got. Has Alex samizadeh gone back to Bolton?

Anyway in to daisy hill. I really enjoy these games so looking forward to it.
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Tempie wrote:Disappointing day really. It just wouldn't fall for us despite all the effort. I'm always looking to improve though and I think we need a rethink on set pieces now. We must of had between 10-15 corners yesterday. The set routine where we play it out for on running player to have a shot has gone stale. Everyone in the ground knows the signal and so do the opposition. We've got 3 centre backs plus carver whitham and roscoe. All those can head a ball so let's practise swinging in traditional corners and heading them in the net!! When was the last headed goal from a corner? I guess what I'm saying is that we don't have that creative midfielder or star striker so we need to use what we've got. Has Alex samizadeh gone back to Bolton?

Anyway in to daisy hill. I really enjoy these games so looking forward to it.

Samizadeh played for Bolton U18 yesterday.
I agree about the corners. Someone commented on the goal on Facebook that "that's how you take a corner" The only ever time they've worked is in friendlies. But one of the corner routines we take can go anywhere when hit, some times into the goal.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC