Tamworth

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Tamworth

Postby Junction 8 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:38 pm

Good game, slow start, but played really well after, much better entertainment than the Guiseley match.
Bit worried that nearly every time we faced a dead ball they seemed to have a free header, until teaguey came on.
4 points from £ylde matches will do for me,
2017 is going to be a good year.
Junction 8

Re: Tamworth

Postby mike1 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:25 am

[quote="Junction 8"]Good game, slow start, but played really well after, much better entertainment than the Guiseley match.
Bit worried that nearly every time we faced a dead ball they seemed to have a free header, until teaguey came on.
4 points from £ylde matches will do for me,

Agree it was a sound recovery effort from a slow start against a decent team on a good run. But realistically with two clashes against Fylde coming right up, I am concerned about our resources. In the likely absence of Alex and the ongoing niggles experienced by Sefton, we need a striker for cover (and perhaps more, i.e. a goal or two). Secondly, while it was encouraging to see Andy Teague returning, let's be honest here - he was way off the pace and level of fitness required to face a side as mobile as Fylde and was left standing two or three times in this game. Yes, he got valuable minutes but dare Matt risk starting him at Mill Farm?
mike1

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:47 am

Agree with everything said. Midfield and attack only came alive 20 minutes in, defence was on top from the first whistle. Tamworth could've had at least two goals before our engine was stoked. A point is a very fair reflection of the game. Can't argue with that really.

Gonna stick my head out and say Fylde will win the league, but I think we're good enough to finish in the top 5 for a playoff berth at the end of the season.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:02 am

mike1 wrote: Secondly, while it was encouraging to see Andy Teague returning, let's be honest here - he was way off the pace and level of fitness required to face a side as mobile as Fylde and was left standing two or three times in this game. Yes, he got valuable minutes but dare Matt risk starting him at Mill Farm?

I don't think he will. I can see the team being the same Boxing Day as today.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:45 am

Mike- you are dead on with those points. I can't see us getting any points in the flyde games and useless we can find more goals from somewhere there will be a lot more points dropped too.
Tempie

Postby Jue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:25 am

We have 2 class strikers on the pitch who don't talk to each other and who also don't fancy hitting the target. :roll:

Points will be dropped when the runs aren't made at the right time, free headers aren't finished, shots are not fired.

I hope our defence has a masterplan for Boxing Day and New Years Day because that's our best hope for a point.
Jue

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:40 am

Jue wrote:We have 2 class strikers on the pitch who don't talk to each other and who also don't fancy hitting the target. :roll:

I admire your hearing if you can tell they don't talk to each other from where you are.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby reco » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:03 pm

If we are needing firepower then Ashton United tonight released forward Lee Gaskell who joined the club from Darlington earlier this season. My memory of his last season was scoring quite a few goals for Darlington on their way to the title. Scored a few with Ashton as well. Surely worth a punt?
reco

Postby Jue » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:
Jue wrote:We have 2 class strikers on the pitch who don't talk to each other and who also don't fancy hitting the target. :roll:

I admire your hearing if you can tell they don't talk to each other from where you are.

I think the fact they got in each other's way at least 3 or 4 times proves the communication is limited. And the superb 2 against 1 chance, communication there would have resulted in a goal.
Jue

Return to Chorley FC