AFC Fylde

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

AFC Fylde

Postby Ian R » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:14 pm

Well looking at Fyldes social media it's gonna be a bumper crowd,with 500 plus from Chorley (excellent effort ).Let's hope the team do us proud and the fans do the team proud.Just feel that we have a special performance waiting to happen,COYM
Ian R

Re: AFC Fylde

Postby mark » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:42 pm

Already guaranteed to be Fylde's biggest crowd of the season so far.

On another note, can anyone reading offer me a lift from the match back to Manchester, ideally Sale? I'm doing the sponsored walk there but am currently a bit stuck for getting home.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Paul Brennan » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:19 pm

Mark -see PM
Paul Brennan

Postby Zidane » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:35 pm

Well the crowd will be 4 down.
We are not paying £15 ea. for 4 Pensioners (no concession rate these is ridiculous), never mind the £5 car parking.
We want to watch a game of football, not pay for new ground / wage bill ! :evil:
Zidane

Postby Tempie » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Tempie

Postby 12th Man » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:54 pm

Crackin!!!
12th Man

Postby mike1 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:11 pm

For our faraway fans or anyone else unfortunate enough to have missed it, this was the complete performance. Character, resolve, determination not to be beaten, sheer work-rate, togetherness, two first-class pieces of finishing and as Prodigal Son reports elsewhere superb goalkeeping from Shaun Rowley- this display had it all. Fylde were never really allowed to play their passing game with any sustained penetration and Danny Rowe in particular was kept pretty quiet. Too many Fylde players, I suspect, failed to win their personal battles and will no doubt have heard about it from their manager. And let's not forget the fans, especially the several hundred packed in behind the goal in which Jason Walker scored his stunning opener and which we were defending so stoutly in the second half. The vocal encouragement simply never stopped and must have transmitted enormous confidence to our players and frustration to the home side. I have never at any match felt more proud of our magnificent travelling supporters! What is needed now is similar volume at the return match on Sunday. What a prospect! I hope the club will intensify ticket sales for this game as I believe Fylde's ticketing policy generated an ever-increasing interest in the match as the total sales were frequently announced and kept rising. Let's aim to do the same and ensure that the second leg matches the first for atmosphere. There are no competing big clubs in action locally so the way is clear for another bumper attendance. Well done, everyone, players, management & fans!
mike1

Postby andrewa » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:15 pm

As a "faraway fan" your report is much appreciated Mike. Sounds like a brilliant afternoon!
andrewa

Postby Dec53 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:30 pm

A supreme result by the team, the background staff and our supporters.
Well done
Dec53

Postby Tempie » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:29 pm

I take back everything I've said recently about excitement. Today was SPECIAL! I was so proud to be a Chorley fan today. We out played them and made their support look pathetic. We even took over the local pub. Fantastic
Tempie

Postby Prodigal son » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:36 pm

Today was indeed Special! Never been so pleased to be so wrong with my score prediction, absolutely brilliant, team, management, fans, everyone.
Prodigal son

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:33 pm

I'm never optimystic as some on here, but I think that was the best we have played all season so far. To stop Flid scoring at home (for the first time this season) and to beat them at Mill Farm (for the first time this season) was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. I really hope we can get another result on Sunday now. The gap would be cut to just three points then! Like someone said, "Stop Rowe, you stop Fylde".
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby reco » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:01 am

Fantastic result but we need to win at home as well to ensure it doesn't go to waste. Was following the game on twitter and it was very much nervous face every second. Made worse by me missing the second goal on twitter and thinking up until the 70th minute mark that we were only 1-0 up until I saw a tweet saying that we were two to the good.

Looking forward to the MagpieTV highlights with excitement.
reco

Postby Soapbox » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:58 am

What a superb performance from all eleven players. Special shout out to Scotty Leather who was magnificent and the main reason why Rowe was so quiet
Soapbox

Postby JP » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:09 am

Thank you to all the people who contributed to our bucket collection yesterday and to Fylde for letting us go on the pitch at half time to promote our 20 mile walk there. Sore feet today but hopefully worth it.
JP
MIS Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Postby blackcountrymagpie » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:20 am

Tremendous performance by the lads. It was definitely one of those games where you'll look back and say I was there!
blackcountrymagpie

Postby Junction 8 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Herculean..........

Roll on part two...
Junction 8

Postby Ian R » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Ian R wrote:Well looking at Fyldes social media it's gonna be a bumper crowd,with 500 plus from Chorley (excellent effort ).Let's hope the team do us proud and the fans do the team proud.Just feel that we have a special performance waiting to happen,COYM

Well I got what I wished for and some.Excellent performance from the team and the fans,same again Sunday please.

You can't buy this!!
Ian R

Postby mike1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:03 pm

In assessing yesterday's game, let's get away from the strapline 'Well, that was embarrassing' which paints the wrong picture of a big occasion. 7,000 fans have watched two huge non-league matches, which shows just how far the two clubs have come. It was no surprise to me that Fylde showed a lot more 'bottle' and appetite for battle yesterday than at Mill Farm and for me we weren't quite at the same level as we were on Boxing Day or showing the same intensity - understandable of course in the absence of our matchwinner Jason. But I hoped we would defend better after having the boost of Adam's wonder-strike. Goals of that type should inspire a team to go on and win. I think we missed the commanding presence of Stephen Jordan in those circumstances; his cool head and experience would perhaps have been the difference. We managed to get away with being without him for the previous two games but not yesterday.A turning-point also was Kieran Charnock's chance to put us back in front after the equaliser. He showed great awareness to get on the end of the excellent free-kick but was unfortunately off-balance for his finish into the side-netting with only Taylor to beat. But overall I think great credit is due to all concerned: to the players and management for succeeding in sharing the six points with a very strong Fylde team but also to those responsible for staging yesterday's match efficiently. There appeared to be no trouble of note and a great occasion was enjoyed without the need for segregation - a superb advert for non-league football. Glad to read that Marcus is not as badly injured as it first appeared. His treatment by the referee was disgraceful and totally insensitive. There was no cause for him to be cautioned in the first place for a fifty-fifty aerial challenge.
mike1

Postby Soapbox » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Over the two games I thought we looked the better team. Thought we deserved a point yesterday, but they were a bit more clinical when it mattered. Worried though about ANY absence of Carver and/or Walker as we have nothing up front. The new guy didn't look interested yesterday. I would send him back now and get a couple of hungry stikers in on loan now, as with 3 big games coming up we don't want to lose ground on the play off spots. We must be able to get someone from Rovers, PNE, Wigan or Bolton but if we do we have to play them and not put them on the bench, as has happened previously.
Soapbox

Postby Prodigal son » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Agree with your comments Soapbox, as virtually everyone has said, Cofie didn't look that bothered yesterday and certainly didn't over exert himself, send him back and get in a couple of lads that really want to play quickly and let's press on, Google news that Marcus is not too serious and hopefully will be back sooner than was initially thought. Agree we deserved a point yesterday. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Do you know what, we won't send Cofie back... how bad will that look on the management team who have brought him in?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Totally agree about cofie. We shouldn't have been signing anyone who wasn't wanted at southport. That's why we weren't excited when he signed. The fact southport didn't want him told us everything. I can't see us getting players from Bolton or Blackburn because we've burnt our bridges there. Sam cosgrove could be option perhaps.
Tempie

Postby tumbleweed » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:44 pm

The funniest thing I've seen for a while :D 2 burly bouncers guardian the Fylde chairman in the clubhouse. :? They obviously found out about Chorley's dastardly plot to Kidnap him :shock: ........still think we deserved at least a point even with Walker missing and the total enforced injury upheavals and re jigging that we had to cope with. Credit to Fylde, they did their homework well, but I honestly think we've played better teams at Victory Park. Not the best game from both sides I must admit, to much at steak etc.
tumbleweed

Postby andrewa » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Tempie wrote:Totally agree about cofie. We shouldn't have been signing anyone who wasn't wanted at southport. That's why we weren't excited when he signed. The fact southport didn't want him told us everything. I can't see us getting players from Bolton or Blackburn because we've burnt our bridges there. Sam cosgrove could be option perhaps.

Is it true that we have burnt our bridges at Bolton and Blackburn? Perhaps might be better to assume that Alex S was needed at Bolton - it would have been great to have him for the Fylde game, he could well have knocked one or two in, sadly not to be though.
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:36 pm

I'm sure what Bolton wanted was for Alex to play football. He wasn't doing that with us and therefore went back to play in boltons U18's. We will just have to wait and see. A combination of Sam cosgrove and Alex s would give defenders something to think about. The transfer window for loans from the premier league is open too so maybe one of the big sides could give us someone for 3 months. Southport palmed off cofie to us and replaced him with a lad on loan from Everton who scored on his debut. Same with the keeper assuming Shaun has played his last game. I hope the club keep us informed.
Tempie

Return to Chorley FC