Shaun Rowley

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Shaun Rowley

Postby Tempie » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:42 am

Looks like the fylde games will be his last. Seems a shame to me. Another young player cast aside. He's improved a lot over the last few weeks. Hope these next 2 games don't destroy his confidence. Shouldn't really cast judgment until we know who's coming in, but it just seems this 'team spirit' thing is going a bit too far. Anyone who doesn't fit in is shipped out.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shr ... footsteps/
Tempie

Re: Shaun Rowley

Postby toploader999 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:39 pm

A bit to far ? yep he lives some distance away
toploader999

Postby Prodigal son » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:55 pm

Shaun Rowley was superb today, brilliant performance.
Prodigal son

Postby Junction 8 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Pure quality, anything that came his way was his. Excellent finger tip save round post in second half.
Junction 8

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:50 pm

Shame if he leaves as there's 3 big games coming up after the Fylde double header. But hope we get someone in as good as Shaun if he goes. He'll be a first teamer no doubt.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby magpie1875 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:55 am

Shaun has for me grown as a keeper at Chorley, he performances have become more commanding with each game, with today's being up there with his best in a Chorley shirt.

it's a shame he's going, but for him to come to us means around a 3 1/2 hour round trip each time from his home in Shropshire, some commitment for part-time job!

Hopefully whoever comes in for me will have more experience, ideally in this league and will be hear until the end of the season (injuries permitting) so we're not doing any last minute shopping on transfer deadline day.
magpie1875

Postby Tempie » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:51 am

Lewis guy came from Carlisle to sit on the bench and it doesn't sound like shsun wants to go back. It took Shaun a good few games to settle in and I'm sure it'll take the new keeper those games too. And like said above we've got some really important games
Tempie

Postby mike1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:56 pm

[quote="magpie1875"]Shaun has for me grown as a keeper at Chorley, he performances have become more commanding with each game, with today's being up there with his best in a Chorley shirt.

Well said! The best thing I can add is that he has ensured that we have remained unbeaten in the league since he took over from Sam and he has increasingly looked the part. He was cool under pressure yesterday and has clearly attended the Sam Ashton 'Take Your Time (especially when you are in front)' school of goalkeeping. I'll be sorry to see Shaun leave the club. I understand that an experienced keeper is lined up to take over.
mike1

Postby reco » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:33 pm

Tempie wrote:Looks like the fylde games will be his last. Seems a shame to me. Another young player cast aside. He's improved a lot over the last few weeks. Hope these next 2 games don't destroy his confidence. Shouldn't really cast judgment until we know who's coming in, but it just seems this 'team spirit' thing is going a bit too far. Anyone who doesn't fit in is shipped out.

Sorry Tempie you have got the complete wrong end of the stick. Not a cast aside think Shaun was always going to be a quick fix sort of thing with Ashton injury and having no number 2 on the books.
reco

Postby metz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:01 am

Tempie wrote:Looks like the fylde games will be his last. Seems a shame to me. Another young player cast aside. He's improved a lot over the last few weeks. Hope these next 2 games don't destroy his confidence. Shouldn't really cast judgment until we know who's coming in, but it just seems this 'team spirit' thing is going a bit too far. Anyone who doesn't fit in is shipped out.

To be fair, Tempie, do you know that Rowley is being 'cast aside'? Who has said that he doesn't fit in? There may be a whole host of other reasons why his short term loan ... as that is what he came to us for ... is not being extended.
It's quite a negative slant on things when nobody outside the boardroom and playing staff, knows why he's potentially off.

He's been a quality player since Sam got injured, and I'm sure we will all miss him. However I'm equally sure that Dave Hedley and the management will have been sourcing a suitable longer term replacement to keep up the good work we've started this season.
metz

Postby Tempie » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:53 pm

I'm basing my opinion from the newspaper article in which Jamie V says that they are big on team ethos and its didficult to get him around the lads because he lives a distance away. Surly any professional player signed on loan would train full time with 'their' clubs and turnout on match days for us. I can't really see how this is different. It just seems a bit of an excuse. Time will tell if not extending the loan is a good decision. He has developed loads and I would like to see him stay rather than bring in another keeper who will also be short term until Sam is back
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:59 pm

When we played Lowestoft away last season, their keeper (Harry Burgoyne) was on loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers. I'm guessing he lived round the Birmingham area as he had to stay in a hotel (same one as us as a matter of fact) each time they played at Lowestoft. Lowestoft paid for that. I've no idea where Rowley lives but if it's far away, maybe we're doing the same? Jason Walker is another that lives a fair distance away (Barrow). I'm also assuming we pay travel expenses.
Therefore, whilst as good as Rowley has been, we need to get a keeper who is locally based so he can train and play with the side. I've every confidence in Dave Hedley and the management that someone has been in mind for a while and probably has already been training with the side in the past few weeks. Sam is out for the rest of the season and possibly some of next too.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:44 pm

Jansen lives in Cheshire should we get someone closer? A quick look on his Twitter page shows how much he's enjoying being with us and plenty of Chorley fans asking him to stay. I think we've said enough now and expressed our opinions so I'm going to leave it from here. Time will tell.
Tempie

Return to Chorley FC