Important Information - Chorley v AFC Fylde

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Important Information - Chorley v AFC Fylde

Postby Locki » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:07 am

Locki

Re: Important Information - Chorley v AFC Fylde

Postby mike1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:46 am

Good to see the emphasis on advance ticket purchasing and what is a very sensible approach. But how do away team supporters or Chorley fans from out of the area conveniently obtain these tickets ? Could they/will they be posted out? The team's current heroics are drawing in support from football fans disillusioned with their 'own' team's present situation who are now turning to the Magpies for their football enjoyment and it would be in CFC's interests to encourage these fans as much as possible. There are numerous such people who, having seen the first match, won't want to miss the return!
mike1

Postby Lawsyd » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:16 am

Out of interest - and because it might well be relevant on Sunday - what is the current police / safety authorities maximum capacity of VP?
Lawsyd

Postby Tempie » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:14 am

Agreed Mike. It would be nice if we could sell tickets online. I am a club chairman and the opportunities online sales give are massive. It's something I started last year and I've had 70% increase in people attending. £ylde aren't silly. Theve now got over 3000 email addresses and postal address of local fans. It makes marketing much easier. They can easily send out regular emails to those fans as well as a postal leaflet/newsletter if they want. We need to copy the good aspects use them together with what we already do.
Tempie

Postby Locki » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:21 am

mike1 wrote:Good to see the emphasis on advance ticket purchasing and what is a very sensible approach. But how do away team supporters or Chorley fans from out of the area conveniently obtain these tickets ? Could they/will they be posted out? The team's current heroics are drawing in support from football fans disillusioned with their 'own' team's present situation who are now turning to the Magpies for their football enjoyment and it would be in CFC's interests to encourage these fans as much as possible. There are numerous such people who, having seen the first match, won't want to miss the return!

Due to the time between now and matchday, tickets cannot be posted out but can be purchased over the phone and collected on the day, call 01257 230007 with your credit/debit card handy.

Lawsyd wrote:Out of interest - and because it might well be relevant on Sunday - what is the current police / safety authorities maximum capacity of VP?

Following the work on the Duke Street end the currently capacity is up to 4300 (was 3550 before the new roof).
Locki

Postby Locki » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:30 am

Tempie wrote:Agreed Mike. It would be nice if we could sell tickets online. I am a club chairman and the opportunities online sales give are massive. It's something I started last year and I've had 70% increase in people attending. £ylde aren't silly. Theve now got over 3000 email addresses and postal address of local fans. It makes marketing much easier. They can easily send out regular emails to those fans as well as a postal leaflet/newsletter if they want. We need to copy the good aspects use them together with what we already do.

The club is always looking at ways of improving our service, both online and offline. The club recently purchased a bespoke ticket printer so we can produce our own quality, forgery proof tickets for matches and other events.

Alas, Fylde have what appears to be a limitless budget and full time staff to handle this, whereas we have only few paid part-time staff and a few more volunteers who all have to fit everything Chorley FC in around their own family/work commitments.
Locki

Postby Tempie » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:53 am

Locki- totally agree. Fylde sent my tickets the same day. I'm sure they have someone who's sole job is to send tickets. I know we have limits and everyone does a really good job. Maybe looking at creating an email database would be doable in the future. That way the club could send out mail shots before big games, sponsorship packages, season tickets prices. Things like that. Just an idea though not critisism in any way.
Tempie

Return to Chorley FC