John Cofie

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

John Cofie

Postby reco » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:43 pm

Considering all the talk about not enough strikers surprised no one has mentioned the signing.
http://www.chorleyfc.com/index.php/news ... ures-cofie

Was in the same youth team as Paul Pogba and Jesse Lingard so surely has some talent about it. Also his goals seemed to help Telford stay up last season.
reco

Re: John Cofie

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:59 pm

Just a bench replacement for Sefton I feel and will probably only come on in the last ten minutes.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Prodigal son » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:13 pm

I am guessing that most fans having looked at his record over the last 2-3 seasons find it hard to be over enthusiastic, however, I prefer to judge after seeing him in action, however brief his appearances may be. Here's hoping for the best.
Prodigal son

Postby Tempie » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:34 pm

I agree with what Ian and prodigal said. Not the permanent proven player we where looking for but let's see what he can do first. He should get 30mins game time in the month loan.
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:59 pm

I like the healthy degree of cynicism on this thread!
However, maybe Matt is taking a leaf out of Big Sam's book here. Take a failing unsettled player get him fit, build his confidence and get him fulfilling his potential. Maybe that's asking too much at this level, but Cofie might tap into the great team spirit at the club and it would be nice if he found a new lease of life through being at Chorley.
andrewa

Postby Prodigal son » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:33 pm

Totally agree Andrew, just doubtful that it will happen but really hope that you are spot on, it would be a master stroke if it did turn out that way. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby mike1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:44 pm

Prodigal son wrote:I am guessing that most fans having looked at his record over the last 2-3 seasons find it hard to be over enthusiastic, however, I prefer to judge after seeing him in action, however brief his appearances may be. Here's hoping for the best.

We are talking about a talented footballer here - it's just surprising that he has been on the move so often. He did manage a goal for Bradford P.A. against Kidderminster during a recent loan spell there and he looked quality playing for Southport in the pre-season friendly against us. . He is an extra option and a skilful one - let's just hope that Matt and his staff can bring the best out of him. Cover for our two main strikers was obviously very necessary.
mike1

Postby andrewa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:54 pm

If it was me ( which it isn't!) I would use the motivation of a chance to rebuild and regenerate what is a patently declining career - ie: we're behind you John, help us push on, be part of a team that wants you, use us as the first step back up the ladder, you can be as great as your mate Pogba, it's up to you.
If handled in the right way we could have a world beater for at least a month! Great cudos also for Matt and the management team.
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:00 pm

Joking aside. Matt must have seen something in the summer if we tried to get him then. The loan thing worries me because in a month we could be in the same situation again and before the end of the season Jason or Marcus or both will miss games.
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:59 am

I understand what you're saying andrewa, but with Carver Walker and Gonzales, it always seemed 2 and a half forwards. Cofie might bring the extra 50% off the bench (which I'd back my house on him starting on Sunday), but it's just a month's loan, and will have to see how much game time he's had in that month.

But then again, the last time we took a striker on loan from Southport......
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC