Well That Was Embarrassing ...

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Well That Was Embarrassing ...

Postby Zidane » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:13 pm

For them,
... Fylde support .... What support ? - Barely 150

On a much more serious note, I Marcus is not too badly hurt, (still awaiting an ambulance to arrive when I left - an hour after then original incident !!

Congratulations to the Referee for brandishing the Yellow card as he was being stretchered off after the 16 minute delay for medical attention - MORON !

Well played Chorley, COYM
Zidane

Re: Well That Was Embarrassing ...

Postby Hmondo » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:30 pm

He booked him about a minute after the event , name was already in the book so the ref had to show the card to him , agreed the timing could have been different ,as for away support that was terrible for a game of this magnitude, I blinked for our goal so missed it. The result was not a true reflection of the game and a draw would have been the fair result. Very concerned about what We have upfront if carver is out long term . Heard 6-8 weeks for Jason , was gutted that he was not playing as we would have been more clinical upfront and perhaps a different game .
Hmondo

Postby Tempie » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:41 pm

If Jason is 6-8 weeks plus Marcus then that's a disaster!! I'm afraid cofie was pretty poor, I know Matt praised him but his actions spoke loader than words! Taking him off when we needed a goal spoke volumes. We desperately need goals.
Tempie

Postby JP » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:46 pm

One of the golden goal prizes was unclaimed today. £25. 46 minutes. See one of the supporters trust board members to claim your prize at the next home game.
JP
MIS Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Postby Hmondo » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Tempie wrote:If Jason is 6-8 weeks plus Marcus then that's a disaster!! I'm afraid cofie was pretty poor, I know Matt praised him but his actions spoke loader than words! Taking him off when we needed a goal spoke volumes. We desperately need goals.

I didn't want to say that cofie was very poor as it was his first game,but I was not impressed with what I saw
Hmondo

Postby ste faz » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:14 am

I think Cofie was taken off because he suffered a groin strain about 10 mins beforehand........correct me if I'm wrong.
ste faz

Postby Lawsyd » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:18 am

Unless I've been looking in the wrong places I haven't heard anything since yesterday evening (when he was still awaiting his trip to hospital) regarding Marcus's injury & condition. Has anybody got an update, please?
Lawsyd

Postby Tempie » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:10 am

Marcus has a broken nose and bone bruising. He hopes to be back sooner than expected. I didn't see anything wrong with cofie and that's the first I've heard of it. For me he showed nothing, if that's the effort he could raise on his debut in a massive game then I worry for brackley away. First game and all yes but if the best coaches in the world followed by a string of full time clubs can't get anything out of him, I'm not sure how we will. Yesterday was backwards from Gonzales so he will have to improve big time.
Tempie

Postby Lawsyd » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:43 am

Tempie wrote:Marcus has a broken nose and bone bruising. He hopes to be back sooner than expected. I didn't see anything wrong with cofie and that's the first I've heard of it. For me he showed nothing, if that's the effort he could raise on his debut in a massive game then I worry for brackley away. First game and all yes but if the best coaches in the world followed by a string of full time clubs can't get anything out of him, I'm not sure how we will. Yesterday was backwards from Gonzales so he will have to improve big time.

I agree re Cofie. He completely underwhelmed me. He might not be (clearly wasn't) match fit, but effort is as much about what's in your heart & your mind - & this lad, based on yesterday's performance, appears to have neither.
Lawsyd

Postby magpie1875 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:30 pm

Tempie wrote:Marcus has a broken nose and bone bruising. He hopes to be back sooner than expected. I didn't see anything wrong with cofie and that's the first I've heard of it. For me he showed nothing, if that's the effort he could raise on his debut in a massive game then I worry for brackley away. First game and all yes but if the best coaches in the world followed by a string of full time clubs can't get anything out of him, I'm not sure how we will. Yesterday was backwards from Gonzales so he will have to improve big time.

I heard the lad from Everton was set to sign for us until his home town club stepped in and we got gazumped. Seeing we were desperate Southport then offered us Cofie and with the clock against us and Walker already ruled out we signed him for the month. Iron's are already in the fire, the bridges are not alight and comparing Cofie to Gonzales it like comparing a footballer to an ego.

Ok, Cofie didn't have the greatest game but he's not played for a month and with thrown into the team having not seen us play since (apart from that pre-season friendly when he scored for Southport). He did look lost at times but that was understandable given the time/circumstances of his arrival and our set-piece routines.
magpie1875

Postby Tempie » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:26 am

Why have we switched back to this thread?! I'm fully aware of the fact that he wasn't/isn't match fit so he wouldn't be sharp. Did that stop him running or jumping or putting in any sort of effort? I didn't see him win a single header and his movement was non-existent. He trained with us in preseason before moving to southport so he should have some idea of our ethos. I would have left him on against fylde just in case he produced a piece of magic but the fact that Matt took him off spoke volumes about just how bad he was playing. I wasn't a Gonzales fan especially towards the end but he was better than what cofie gave us. Even Jordan southworth did more, his header across goal near resulted in roscoe equalising. We need 2 strikers before Saturday.
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:30 am

Tempie wrote:We need 2 strikers before Saturday.

And a Goalkeeper :shock:
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Magpie In Wigan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:51 am

Didn't see much to get excited by the lad, maybe he is a lot better than what we have seen, the point I make though if he is so match unfit, it would probably take a month to sharpen him up, so probably not the best option for us hopefully it is not our only option
Magpie In Wigan

Postby Tempie » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:42 am

Since leaving utd in 2013 he's had 8 clubs played only 31 games (they won't all be starts) and scored 5 goals. I know we needed a striker but the frustrating thing is we've been saying this for months. It's not a new thing. So I don't take the earlier point said above that time was against us because we've had all season to recruit another striker. Hazeldean had to leave skem surely he would have been a decent bet.
Tempie

Postby Paul Speak » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:42 pm

"magpie1875"

... Seeing we were desperate Southport then offered us Cofie and with the clock against us and Walker already ruled out we signed him for the month

That statement would seem to conflict with Mark Locke's OWS match report which states

' MJ was forced to give an earlier than expected debut to loan signing John Cofie '

If Walker was (known to be) already ruled out then Cofie's debut would have been totally expected :roll:
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby reco » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:28 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:

Anyone remember this guy. I rated him as a keeper and I'm sure he would be a good fit for us.
http://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 99562.aspx
reco

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:32 am

reco wrote:
Ian Livesey wrote:

Anyone remember this guy. I rated him as a keeper and I'm sure he would be a good fit for us.
http://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 99562.aspx

Would be a good shout
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby andrewa » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Surely the club already have a keeper lined up already? 3 days to the Brackley game, it would be pushing it a bit fine if they haven't.
andrewa

Postby mark » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:16 pm

Is he Keith Branagan's son?

I am getting old, that is a sure sign of it.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:40 pm

As you know I didn't want Rowley to go back and if we are talking about signing a keeper who has played 13 national league games in years then I'm not overly convinced. All our positive signings this season have been first team regulars in the national league or above. If players can't get in lower end national league sides then in all probability they won't be good enough for us. Some fans on here are stuck in the past! We are a good side!

We won't get a keeper mid season that's playing in a higher level side so I'd be looking at a youngster on loan from a prem or football league side. The same applies to the strikers we need.

There could possibly be someone playing at a lower level that we could tempt but I doubt anyone would leave a club knowing that Sam will be back next year.

That's my opinion anyway. No doubt most will disagree but it's a forum
Tempie

Postby reco » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:31 pm

As if by magic Branagan has signed for us.

https://twitter.com/chorleyfc/status/816637817770151936
reco

Postby Jeff » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:55 pm

mark wrote:Is he Keith Branagan's son?

I am getting old, that is a sure sign of it.

You are quite right. Keith played for Bolton for a number of seasons in the Premier league and is also an Irish international. Not a bad pedigree for Chorley's new keeper.
Jeff

Return to Chorley FC