Brackley

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Brackley

Postby Ian R » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:28 am

Go on I'll start then,whose playing up front tomorrow.for me sacrifice Adam R as holding player and play one up top that being Adam will surely give us plenty of chances if backed up from midfield.
Ian R

Re: Brackley

Postby Tempie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:52 am

5-4-1 with roscoe up front? Bloody hell seriously? I actually think carver will play so it'll be the same side that started against flyde. Assuming that walker is still injured.
Tempie

Postby Tempie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:53 am

Unless Sheron has gone back? (We get told nothing) In which case Jordan should come back. Oh yeah and the new keeper.
Tempie

Postby Ian R » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:43 am

Tempie wrote:5-4-1 with roscoe up front? Bloody hell seriously? I actually think carver will play so it'll be the same side that started against flyde. Assuming that walker is still injured.

Yes seriously who else his going to lead the line with any effect.
Ian R

Postby Tempie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:57 am

Ian R- well like I said, I think carver could well play. If carver doesn't play then it literally amazes me that we've not brought someone in. I think carver will play alongside cofie with young southworth on the bench and the formation will be the same as always.

To play 1 up top means playing 4 midfielders and with the players we've got it'll be 4 central midfielders. Not sure that would work.
Tempie

Postby tumbleweed » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:36 am

I think FA rules state with concussion a minimum of 2 weeks before a return....
tumbleweed

Postby magpie1875 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Tempie wrote:Unless Sheron has gone back? (We get told nothing) In which case Jordan should come back. Oh yeah and the new keeper.

Would you like a message everyday say he's still here? Twenty second on the club's website and I found this http://www.chorleyfc.com/index.php/news ... cond-month
magpie1875

Postby Tempie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:27 pm

Ok fair enough- BUT I'm still waiting to be told what happened with Alex? No one has said officially how long walker is out for? So stop trying to make argument! I few quick updates would be nice for those of us that aren't in the inner circle
Tempie

Postby Prodigal son » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Well that was a superb result, probably on a par with the points at Fylde, our defence must have been superb again for another clean sheet, brilliant, on to the Shay now. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:13 pm

Another 1-0. Another clean sheet. Another great display from the defence. And also Tempie got it right with Carver playing. He got the all clear from the doctor late this week for concussion so played on like a true Magpie. The only disappointed thing was Cofie. Simply put the lads' not good enough unless I'm missing something. I'm hoping he'll prove me (and others) wrong by coming on as a sub and scoring a match winner. But a fantastic performance all round. Branagan played well catching everything that was sent his way, and brilliantly parrying an Ndlovu shot midway in the second half that on normal circumstances would've gone in. Darlo and Kiddy losing makes it really interesting in the playoff positions.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby magpie1875 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:16 pm

Tempie wrote:Ok fair enough- BUT I'm still waiting to be told what happened with Alex? No one has said officially how long walker is out for? So stop trying to make argument! I few quick updates would be nice for those of us that aren't in the inner circle

Hope I've not come across as argumentative or anything in past posts, that isn't the intention, so I'll try and clear a few things up.

It has been stated on the website or on here that he agreement with Bolton was an open agreement that was at the time convenient for both clubs. Bolton will look after the players development and if they feel that playing for Chorley in the remainder of the season is of benefit to him then he'll be available for us to select.

It's also been publicised that the early diagnosis on Walker was 6-8 week out, this could change as the swelling/injury settles and treatment begins.

I know the club has made enquires to bring two players in on loan. One player from a Premier League club opted to join his home town club and the other from a full-time National League side had made the decision to join another club on loan hours before we made our enquiry and he opted to keep his word - well done to him.

My opinion of Branagan having seen him play before is that he has the potential to get back into the football league. He is agile and his handling it superb, he's just been unlucky yo be up against quality keepers at Macclesfield, but the flip side of this is that he's learned from these keepers too.

Finally, and all the above feeds into this, if the club was to give out daily updates on transfer speculation, player availability, injury news etc. other club would use this information to their advantage. The strong speculation that Marcus Carver was likely to join Walker on the sidelines today was probably a big boost to Brackley and part of the match planning and seeing him on the team sheet was no doubt as much a surprise to them as it was to many of our supporters.

Oh, and what a win today! :D
magpie1875

Postby andrewa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:33 pm

Very Good post! :D
andrewa

Postby Magpie In Wigan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:50 am

Very pleased that Carver judged himself fit enough to get straight back in the team, that shows to me the lad has heart and commitment, he has had his share of knockers, there are plenty who say he doesn't score enough, how many players would have said they where not up to a game so soon after the knock he took, hats off to you Marcus a true non league player and a true workhorse, opposing teams must look at him and Jake at the end of the match and wonder what they have been up against, they never give the other side a minute, I for one am glad we have players like that, Josh Hine could get more goals and leave defenders with twisted blood, Darren Stephenson may have had a better goal record, but who honestly thinks either of those would have played today, when we are short on numbers
Magpie In Wigan

Postby Soapbox » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:41 pm

I too have heard moans about Marcus but he is possibly our best player, his pace, work rate and commitment are top drawer. If he added goals to these attributes, he would NOT be playing for us - he would be at least 3 levels higher!
Soapbox

Postby toploader999 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:03 pm

marcus is a young mossy
toploader999

Postby Zidane » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:41 pm

marcus is a young mossy

Don't think you ever accuse Mossy of being, "young" :wink:

But if Marcus is; 'a Mossy'' type player, then he does need to start scoring more goals.
Zidane

Postby toploader999 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:45 pm

ill let you tell him :lol:
toploader999

Return to Chorley FC