Play-Off Spots

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Play-Off Spots

Postby Lawsyd » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:04 pm

After last night's disappointing result - and without being disloyal - who do we think realistically will take the play-off spots based on current form & fixtures left. That is assuming that Fylde win the title, despite one or two iffy results recently.

My four (in no particular order) are:-

Kidderminster
Salford
Stockport
Darlington

As I said, I'm not being disloyal, & I will cheer us on until the end of the season & beyond, but I just feel that, this season, some other clubs have got it together better than we have.
Lawsyd

Re: Play-Off Spots

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Seems like that at the moment. It was definitely another game of two halves last night. Just so long as we have a team to support I'm not bothered where we end up.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Paul Speak » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Kiddy, Salford, Stockport, Halifax
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby Tempie » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:18 pm

In all honesty I can't see us getting in the playoffs. We've been off for a while. Probably since Gloucester. That was the last time we dominated a team. I feared the worst last night when the team was announced.
Tempie

Postby Junction 8 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:49 pm

COME ON CHORLEY
COME ON CHORLEY
COME ON CHORLEY
Junction 8

Postby andrewa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Whilst recent results gave been dissapointing, it's worth remembering we are still in the top 4 surrounded by clubs that are either very wealthy or have come into National North from higher up. It's a tough year. There is serious competition for those playoff places, to me the team have already done brilliantly despite a recent loss of form. It's worth looking at some of the recent surprise results featuring the top sides, no one is invicible in this league, so who knows? :)
andrewa

Postby Paul Speak » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:43 pm

"Tempie"

I feared the worst last night when the team was announced

Your prediction league entry was 'inspired' even before the original date for the fixture :wink:
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby RedJag » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:58 pm

I take no pleasure in saying this,but if our keeper doen't start to hang on to the shots that he has stopped and long range efforts,then forget the playoffs. Having just watched last nights game the similarities of 2 of the goals from last night and 2 from FC United were there to be seen.A cross shot spilled with a tap in,and a shot from outside of the box.
RedJag

Postby Ian R » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:35 pm

RedJag wrote:I take no pleasure in saying this,but if our keeper doen't start to hang on to the shots that he has stopped and long range efforts,then forget the playoffs. Having just watched last nights game the similarities of 2 of the goals from last night and 2 from FC United were there to be seen.A cross shot spilled with a tap in,and a shot from outside of the box.

Agreed,he was certainly at fault for 2nd and 3rd goal.Must do better as they say,but don't write us off yet guys COYM
Ian R

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:18 pm

It's also affecting our discipline. Four bookings last night and 3 on Saturday. We've been good in the first half with "fair play"
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Like I said before this dip has been coming for a while. I harped on about it at the time but changing the keeper wasn't a good idea IMO. The consensus from Macclesfield was that Ritchie was a nice bloke, decent shot stopper but prone to mistakes. That's exactly how it looks with us. Rowley should have been kept, the recall clause was irrelevant because if Ritchie gets injured/suspended we've still no reserve.

Sad to say this but being honest Teaguey isn't the player he was, with him starting league games we concede an average of very nearly 2 a game.

We still aren't playing got a goalscorer or pace. I like Sampson he's a very good player but he's not a goalscorer and he's very simerlar to carver. For me it's one or the other. Probably Sampson. Ultimately hitting long balls to a big lads up front is easy to defend at this level.

We CAN still get in the playoffs but I think we'd need Sheron back and I think walker will be good alongside Sampson. Or maybe in the mean time try mcdaid alongside Sampson.

Still time yet
Tempie

Postby Tommy Whizbang » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:37 pm

We have to play Kiddy, Stockport, Salford and Halifax.
Get em all beat and we should get in p-offs.
Tommy Whizbang

Postby Lawsyd » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Tommy Whizbang wrote:We have to play Kiddy, Stockport, Salford and Halifax.

Out of interest (I'm aware that opposition players can get injured, suspended, lose form) how many points does your head (not your heart) say we will get out of those four games? Twelve, eight, three, none?
Lawsyd

Postby Tommy Whizbang » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:55 pm

Lawsyd wrote:
Tommy Whizbang wrote:We have to play Kiddy, Stockport, Salford and Halifax.

Out of interest (I'm aware that opposition players can get injured, suspended, lose form) how many points does your head (not your heart) say we will get out of those four games? Twelve, eight, three, none?

Personally, I think we'll beat Kiddy and Salford, lose at Stockport, and then who knows with the last one...
Owt could happen if it goes down to that last game.
We will have to buck up a bit on recent performances when we've stagnated a bit, but we are good enough.
Tommy Whizbang

Postby toploader999 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:43 pm

jesus wept
toploader999

Postby Charlie Magpie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:33 pm

toploader999 wrote:jesus wept

I'm not surprised! Breaking a metatarsal bone must be very painful, he could be out for the rest of the season! :wink:
Charlie Magpie

Postby stanunited » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Personally I think we have had a great season so far,and more than exceded expectatations.No matter what happens from here in I have really enjoyed and been proud of all the team,players coaches, staff, and support from everyone at chorley fc. Maybe we wont get in the play offs but I'm am absolutely positive it wont be through lack of effort on behalf of all involved.
Have faith,believe,support, and enjoy the ride, NEVER SAY NEVER LADS!this what football is all about, and that's why we love it.
stanunited

Postby ste faz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:54 am

O.K., Looking back over the last few posts;
For Lawsyd;- 8 points from the 4 games would be my hearts target,but the head says 5 max.
For Toploader999;- If Jesus did weep he needs to man-up !
and For Stanunited;- I agree with every word......it's been a great ride.
ste faz

Postby ste faz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:57 am

OOPS..........forgot one
For Tempie;- I too would like to see McDaid given a start alongside Sampson/Carver.
ste faz

Postby Lawsyd » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:58 am

ste faz wrote:OOPS..........forgot one
For Tempie;- I too would like to see McDaid given a start alongside Sampson/Carver.

Me too!!
Lawsyd

Postby Jue » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Careful guys, you're not allowed to voice your concerns, opinions and feelings :roll:
Jue

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Thankfully I don't believe in Jesus, God or any other religious figment.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC