Kiddy

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Kiddy

Postby Tempie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Top effort from everyone today. We wanted it more, simple as that! Thought the ref was fantastic too.
Tempie

Re: Kiddy

Postby Prodigal son » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:07 pm

Agree Tempie, good to see Jarvo back, always reliable and one of the few truly two footed players. Good defensive selection today, great effort all round, easy to see why they are as high as they are, thought they played very well too.
Lesson there for everybody about playing about at the back, good old Jake in like a rocket to siege his chance. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Magpie In Wigan » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Superb performance keep it going lads
Magpie In Wigan

Postby Lawsyd » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Absolutely glad to be proved wrong (all week I'd been fearing a biggish defeat), though those last 20, or so, minutes did nothing for this old man's blood pressure. :lol:
Lawsyd

Postby mike1 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:59 am

Prodigal son wrote:Agree Tempie, good to see Jarvo back, always reliable and one of the few truly two footed players. Good defensive selection today, great effort all round, easy to see why they are as high as they are, thought they played very well too.
Lesson there for everybody about playing about at the back, good old Jake in like a rocket to siege his chance. COYM

Delighted myself to see Jarvo back. I always thought he was the best option for the No.3 shirt - a very intelligent player and good decision-maker when he gets clear. It was however a simply fantastic team effort today. The lads had rediscovered the will to win, come what may, and they very successfully disrupted a skilful team's pattern of play by sheer effort and unflagging energy. Jake was obviously outstanding yet again but today I thought Stephen Jordan was immense and provided a cool presence which must have been reassuring to his team-mates. I don't think he missed a ball and he played it out of defence with composure and accuracy. I agree also with a previous post that the referee was top-drawer, letting the game flow whenever possible and not falling for any gamesmanship on either side. It's just great to be a part of the promotion race in such a highly competitive league. Like other posters, I don't mind where we finish. It's been a superb effort to be where we are.
mike1

Return to Chorley FC