Ashton athletic

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Ashton athletic

Postby Tempie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Game is on. I'm actually really looking forward to this. I've enjoyed the cup this year. It's been a change from the attrition of league games. I've got know idea what the starting line up will look like? Here's a guess.

Reserve keeper

Azam
Charnock
Roscoe
Beesley

O keefe
Jarvis
Farnworth
Southworth (if colne allow because he hasn't played)

Myers
Walker
Tempie

Re: Ashton athletic

Postby Paul Brennan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:55 pm

Interesting thoughts -but according to OWS most of development squad are on loan
http://www.chorleyfc.com/index.php/u21-s/u21-s-news/3230-development-squad-players-to-gain-experience

Louis Myers, played for and scored twice for Clitheroe last night in the League Cup semi-final -and if Charnock's suspension has been applied he's out too.

so it could be

Branagan

Azam, Leather, Teague, Beesley

O'Keefe,Blakeman,one or more development squad who are still available, Roscoe

Walker, McDaid

Whatever, need a professional attitude and respect for AA -hope we can get the job done, COYM
Paul Brennan

Postby Tempie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:11 pm

Thanks Paul I hadn't seen that. Myers won't play then but I think south worth will so that means another couple of midfielders. Interesting.
Tempie

Postby Prodigal son » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:13 pm

May be Marcus Carver will be fit, he has played in earlier rounds of this Cup, could be Walker and Carver up front. No idea who will play in goal, what has happened to Adam Caunce, not seen him around for the last couple of games, but he has played previously. No harm done giving Scott Leather a run after two matches out, hopefully whoever gets the nod will be good enough and we get another night at the Macron. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Tempie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:15 pm

I don't know about Adam Caunce either. I went with roscoe at the back in case we don't want to risk leather. With Charnock suspended we don't want to loose another. (Although do we really need 5 a the back against a side that lost 6-0 last night). It's great to be guessing though. Looking forward to it whoever plays
Tempie

Postby Lawsyd » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:42 pm

@Tempie, that was Ashton Town who lost 6-0 last night. We are playing Ashton Athletic - a different team.
Lawsyd

Postby extech » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:32 pm

Only one team in it tonight - and it wasn't us!
extech

Postby Tempie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:36 pm

I was referring to Saturday's opponents Telford (0-6 brackley) not any of the Ashton's. I'm not actually convinced I want to go on Saturday though. I'm absolutely sick of watching us play this formation. I've seen enough of us passing backwards to a centre back who then lumps the ball. Can someone please explain how our own young player Louis Myers is playing for clitheroe and not playing in games like that.
Last edited by Tempie on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tempie

Postby Junction 8 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:03 am

Poor tonight..
Ashton were up for it we weren't
They ran all night we didn't
During half time break Whole Ashton team came out and did a very impressive warm up routine.
Our lot toddled onto pitch had a chat bit of a stretch here and there.
Don't usually moan but we got what we deserved.... NOWT .
went to Stockport Saturday and was proud of the team.
Let's keep that going against Telford.
Junction 8

Postby Ian R » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:57 am

13th in NWCL prem enough said.
Ian R

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:54 am

Tempie wrote:I was referring to Saturday's opponents Telford (0-6 brackley) not any of the Ashton's. I'm not actually convinced I want to go on Saturday though. I'm absolutely sick of watching us play this formation. I've seen enough of us passing backwards to a centre back who then lumps the ball. Can someone please explain how our own young player Louis Myers is playing for clitheroe and not playing in games like that.

Nail on the head there. Thing is, the current formation has given us 59 points in 32 league games, there's no way Janny will change it now. The only way it'll change is if we don't have the numbers to fit into it (i.e. defenders out, 1 striker etc.)

Hard to be positive about last night, I know we had many chances to win and 9 times out of 10 we would beat teams like that. Not taking anything away from Ashton Athletic, their goal was superb, but we all know who the culprit was that gave it away, to me, he shouldn't start when we have a full compliment.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Prodigal son » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:30 pm

First of all, well done to Ashton, they worked their socks off and their penalties were all excellent. Not too bothered really about the result more concerned with the performance, I think two or three of the "fringe" players did themselves no good last night and perhaps the performance illustrates that overall the squad is not as good as it needs to be, they may be "together" as a group but take two or three players out and that is when we start to struggle. Feel sure Matt learned something from last night and it was good to hear him compare his "disappointment" with the games against Spennymoor and the first half against FC when we were really poor on both occasions.
Onward to Saturday, surely we will play better, the team will be different and we get the points on offer. COYM
Prodigal son

Return to Chorley FC