Telford

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Telford

Postby Lawsyd » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:34 pm

With all the others at the top winning, we needed that. At least parity is maintained. But why oh why do we make life difficult for ourselves against very ordinary opposition?
Lawsyd

Re: Telford

Postby toploader999 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:14 am

good set piece finished off by the leader, keep few people qt.... :P
toploader999

Postby mike1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:02 am

Lawsyd wrote:With all the others at the top winning, we needed that. At least parity is maintained. But why oh why do we make life difficult for ourselves against very ordinary opposition?

Fair comment. For me our defenders are still too quick to lump the ball forward in hope. A viewing of the video of Telford v Brackley in midweek would show that Brackley repeatedly played through Telford who were cut open as Brackley ran in six and could have had ten. I'm sure our management trio in whom I have great trust and belief are already lining up a playmaker target or two for next season. I hope one of them is the Barrow loanee Elliot Newby currently at Altrincham who played well for them at VP and scored the winner at Boston today. But, hey! we won the game and at this stage of the season it's results that count - full stop. Our season's stats are fantastic - just five defeats in 33 games is something to be proud of in such a competitive league. I suspect another four wins from the final nine games will more or less ensure a play-offs finish which would be a significant achievement. Great goal today from the free-kick by the way and another for Jack Sampson who has proved a great acquisition.
mike1

Postby Lawsyd » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:39 am

I think that Jack Sampson deserves a big hand from us all. Not only is he scoring, but he also has close ball skills when surrounded by opponents. IMHO he's been a great acquisition.
Lawsyd

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:22 am

Agree with all the above, just one point Mike, it could easily have been 5, once again no luck for Marcus with the effort against the inside of the post then there was the effort against the underside of the bar. Thought they were poor, also a mention for Dale again who was terrific again yesterday, he gets stick but my word you can see the difference when he is not playing. Excellent save by Branagan at the end of the game, as has been said, everyone played their part today.
Prodigal son

Postby Paul Brennan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:30 pm

mike1 wrote: For me our defenders are still too quick to lump the ball forward in hope.

It's obvious this happens -partly because as you say Mike, we lack a really confident 'playmaker' (though Blakes is shaping up well in this role)and partly because the pitch can't be trusted to allow the ball to run smoothly and truly (I know, I know -me going on about the pitch again :( -but just walk on it, never mind run and turn) BTW -I am not criticising the groundstaff -they are doing a good job in the circumstances.

Yesterday, as PS says, we could have had at least 4 goals -and deserved our success.

Finally -there was moving article in the programme by JV about the Blakeman family and their sad loss. The fact that Adam played against Alfreton with this teammates only finding out about his loss after the game, is a testimony to his strength of character and all of the attributes his dad has encouraged in him.RIP.
Is there some way to still contribute to the collection that was taken in Alex Blakeman's memory? Those of us in the main stand did not see anyone collecting.
Paul Brennan

Postby Tempie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:56 am

Pitch- we need to let this go, that's the pitch and that's it. It's totally fine to run and turn, it drains pretty well. It's just bobbly. Jarvis has shown that you can dribble and run with the ball on it since he came back. Think of it like this- the money that's not spent on the pitch pays Scott leather's wages. Altrincham have a nice pitch but they've got Micah Evans up front.

A word on Teague- at Christmas he looked past it, overweight and it seemed a bit of fun to him. Recently he looks to have put the effort in and is looking in far better shape and playing better.

Dale in my opinion is our player of the year. Everyone moans about him but those of us that went to the Ashton game saw what a Chorley midfield without dale looks like and it was not good!!

All in all Saturday was 3 big points gained
Tempie

Postby John Wells » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:11 pm

I notice the match report on the OWS is unavailable for some reason. Perhaps whoever is responsible could check it out and reload it. Thanks.
John Wells

Return to Chorley FC