Page 1 of 1

Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:35 pm
by Ed
Will we be relying on the excellent but injury-prone Walker to get most of the goals next season? Two useful Chorley connected strikers have signed elsewhere this week (Stephenson and Sampson). While Whitham and Wilson should chip in, and some of u21s look useful, will we be looking for another striker prior to training restarting next week? Otherwise we are in the same place as last January when we drafted in loanees.
Some of our rivals have brought in young ex-league players from nearby clubs. What happened to Samivarez of Bolton (unsure of spelling)? Is he still available?

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:17 pm
by charnock1
Thought we'd just signed a forward

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:15 pm
by Prodigal son
My understanding was that Wilson is an attacking midfielder, though he did score 16 times for Telford last season so who knows where he will start.

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:53 pm
by tah
Billy Painter could do a job or josh hine

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:00 am
by mike1
Ed wrote:Will we be relying on the excellent but injury-prone Walker to get most of the goals next season? Two useful Chorley connected strikers have signed elsewhere this week (Stephenson and Sampson). While Whitham and Wilson should chip in, and some of u21s look useful, will we be looking for another striker prior to training restarting next week? Otherwise we are in the same place as last January when we drafted in loanees.
Some of our rivals have brought in young ex-league players from nearby clubs. What happened to Samivarez of Bolton (unsure of spelling)? Is he still available?


Very interesting and informative interview with Ken Wright in the Lancashire Telegraph today in which he states that a couple of targets have gone elsewhere for more money (Sampson was mentioned as having gone for a better offer). Maybe Daz was also on our wanted list? I think we all know the score, which Ken spells out, that we have to operate within a limited budget and simply cannot offer the extravagant wages that may be available elsewhere. It's a handicap for our management team in one sense - but on the other hand at least we know that a player who does sign for Chorley at this stage really wants to play for the club. Daz has unfortunately been sidelined for quite a long time and will surely have to prove himself when he resumes serious action. On another tack, does the list of pre-season friendlies indicate that we have now lost the crowd-pulling pipe-opener against PNE after all these years ?

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:31 pm
by Jue
mike1 wrote:On another tack, does the list of pre-season friendlies indicate that we have now lost the crowd-pulling pipe-opener against PNE after all these years ?


Short answer, yes. It's a shame really.

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:48 pm
by Ed
Jue wrote:
mike1 wrote:On another tack, does the list of pre-season friendlies indicate that we have now lost the crowd-pulling pipe-opener against PNE after all these years ?


Short answer, yes. It's a shame really.



Yet Brig play PNE on Friday 7th July

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:16 am
by Ian Livesey
It's obvious, they don't want to see Chorley beat them ;)

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:34 pm
by RedJag
Terry Gornell ?? As he has just signed.

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:35 pm
by mike1
RedJag wrote:Terry Gornell ?? As he has just signed.


Any helpful additional info you can give us about Terry, Red Jag ?

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:37 pm
by John Wells
Accrington supporters seem to speak highly of him on their forum.

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:48 pm
by mike1
John Wells wrote:Accrington supporters seem to speak highly of him on their forum.


Thanks, John. Just checked Stanley website and it seems Terry (28) only left the club on Tuesday with a year still to run on his contract. His opportunities were limited last season by the form of Stanley's twin strike-force of McKee and McCartan (who has just joined Bradford). John Coleman praised him for his professionalism and for the fact that Terry did not seek a severance payment on departure. His experience was valued by the younger players at Accrington. Sounds like a good move by us to step in quickly and sign him up.

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:21 pm
by Duke Street
Judging by this highlights package, we may just have found the answer to the question posed in the headline to this post. Looks like an excellent acquisition. Well done Matt and also to the board for backing him to bring in a contracted player from League Two...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dVmldwejHi0

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:21 pm
by Ed
With Gornell, a fit Walker, Wilson and Carver plus maybe 1 or 2 strikers from under 21s we may have the extra goals we lacked last season.

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:26 pm
by Prodigal son
That video clip is impressive, interesting that Accy fans seem to think highly of him and feel he is way better than Nat. North level, hopefully it turns out this way. This lad could be just what we have been looking for. Well done to Matt, Vermo and Smudge for getting this done. COYM

Re: Who will get the goals next season?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:45 pm
by mike1
Duke Street wrote:Judging by this highlights package, we may just have found the answer to the question posed in the headline to this post. Looks like an excellent acquisition. Well done Matt and also to the board for backing him to bring in a contracted player from League Two...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dVmldwejHi0


Cracking stuff! I lost count of the goals in that exciting clip - did we get that many last season? :D He looks a typical prolific striker and goal-poacher, often making the most of a second bite of the cherry close in. Having lost McCartan, how could Stanley afford to let him go? As Duke Street says, it's a smart piece of business to land a contract player from a League Two club. Well done to the management team!