Euxton Villa friendly

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Euxton Villa friendly

Postby mike1 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:33 am

A very good first workout on a nice playing surface. Lots of unfamiliar faces on view and plenty of ability on show from players keen to be part of it at Chorley FC. I don't recall in recent years seeing so many trialists being given game time in one pre-season match! The second half in particular featured only two or three of the 'old guard', although several others had played the first half. An impressive young trialist added the third goal and but for some heroics and goal-line clearances from the Euxton keeper and defenders in the closing minutes the final tally would have been at least six. Very encouraging and promising.
mike1

Re: Euxton Villa friendly

Postby Charlie Magpie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:44 am

Thanks for the comment, Mike. Were any of the trialists members of last season's development squad?
Charlie Magpie

Postby Ed » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:37 pm

Any news re Whitham and Asif? Otherwise most of last season's playoff team seemed to take part.
Ed

Postby mike1 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Ed wrote:Any news re Whitham and Asif? Otherwise most of last season's playoff team seemed to take part.

I didn't see the first half, Ed, but I was informed that Marcus Carver wasn't fully fit to play and Dale didn't start either, though both were in attendance along with Adam Roscoe. Asif? Do you mean Waqas Azam? In any case, I can't provide any info.as to his participation. Whatever the line-ups, I'm sure our management trio must have been pleased with what they saw. There were a few players out there not short of experience at our level - or even above.
mike1

Postby Prodigal son » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Roscoe played full first half though he wasn't named on Twitter, be assured he did play, Whitham and Carver were there, as was Branagan though did not play, believe Teague on holiday, don't know about Waqas, could it be related to Ramadan? All told something like 11 trialists took part.
Prodigal son

Postby Ed » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:32 pm

Sorry. Azam is the player I meant.
He looked useful last season, though not played much, and could play in front of Challoner to put crosses in.

Is it best to keep a settled side or recruit a new team of quality players who don't know each other's strengths?
Looks like second game of season should answer the question.
Ed

Return to Chorley FC