Fleetwood Town friendly

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Fleetwood Town friendly

Postby mike1 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:18 am

A welcome win for the Magpies if a very close-run thing! The Fleetwood Development Squad were a very talented bunch who got the ball down at every opportunity, ran intelligently off the ball and gave Chorley a serious run for their money. In fact they were a shade unlucky to lose. It took a mid-second half double substitution to get Chorley firing up front and in the end the experienced Jason Walker's predatory instincts proved decisive -twice in the last seven minutes. There's a potential headache here for Matt - who to start with at Kidderminster? There was also a useful hour or so from a trialist in midfield rumoured to be ex-Macclesfield. He showed himself capable of holding onto the ball and distributing it sensibly.For me that midfield guile so much desired is still not guaranteed. The Fleetwood No.7 looked a class act in this sense but of course he will be a prized asset on the Fylde coast, I suspect, in the next season or two. The win will do the boys' confidence a power of good but there are still one or two questions to be answered. Incidentally, I heard after the game that Thursday's trip to Colne is off. Perhaps not a bad thing. Does anyone else feel that perhaps we are overloading the players with a friendly or two too many? Should we even be guarding against pre-season burn-out?
mike1

Re: Fleetwood Town friendly

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:24 am

11 friendly games seems a bit much, it's a 'quarter of a season' and I'm worried we'll be burned out as many players playing 90 minutes recently in friendlies.

In regards to J Walker, I think he should start at Kidderminster with T Gornell. Bring M Carver on midway in the second half (like yesterday) for one of them.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Re: Fleetwood Town friendly

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:06 pm

Confirmed now that Colne game has been cancelled
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC