Season starts against Brackley

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Season starts against Brackley

Postby Ed » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 pm

A win against top of table should give us the boost Matt is seeking. Impossible?
Not entirely. Brackley have won 5 against 5 teams at bottom of league. And their journey to VP is one of their longest to date.
OK we are down there too, but with a bit.of improvement we might just dent their progress and start our revival.

Otherwise 4 or 5 points from 6 games equates to a mere 28/35 over season. Not worth thinking about.
Ed

Re: Season starts against Brackley

Postby andrewa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:28 pm

It would be nice to think that the not only does the season start tomorrow, but also a policy for younger players to be welcomed and introduced into the squad. Do the Development squad ever train with the senior squad? I don't know, but it would be a nice way to introduce them and for them to show their skills and enthusiasm and importantly, they would have a chance to feel a part of the set up.
andrewa

Postby magpie1875 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:16 pm

How do you know they don't already feel part of the setup?
magpie1875

Postby andrewa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Just past history, lack of previous progression opportunities for young players and comments made on here hinting at dissatisfaction amongst young players who have moved on. I might be wrong and if I am I will hold my hand up
andrewa

Postby metz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:42 pm

andrewa wrote:It would be nice to think that the not only does the season start tomorrow, but also a policy for younger players to be welcomed and introduced into the squad. Do the Development squad ever train with the senior squad? I don't know, but it would be a nice way to introduce them and for them to show their skills and enthusiasm and importantly, they would have a chance to feel a part of the set up.

A question for the fans forum maybe? As well as the senior squad managers, the managers of the U21s, U18s and U16s will be on the panel
metz

Postby andrewa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm a long way from Victory Park Ian. Maybe you would ask on my behalf?
andrewa

Return to Chorley FC