Fleetwood game

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Fleetwood game

Postby petermarkcraig » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:35 pm

This is such an exciting day for Chorley FC.

I have taken two days annual leave and almost emptied my air miles bank to witness this but win lose or draw I'm going to relish the occasion.

I honestly think we could win this first time round.

COC!
petermarkcraig
Site Admin

Re: Fleetwood game

Postby petermarkcraig » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:44 pm

194 views and not one comment?
petermarkcraig
Site Admin

Postby Prodigal son » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Spennymoor away first up followed by Tamworth at home, then we can think about the Codders!
Prodigal son

Postby andrewa » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Well I'm going to think about it!
andrewa

Postby Ed » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Hyde had pitchside advertising screens at Friday's TV cup game.
Do we know if they are installing them at VP? And does it bring in extra revenue to the club?
Ed

Postby Away days » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:03 pm

Has anyone managed to get a ticket to get into the bar before the game? Apparently they were giving them out to "regulars" .....
Away days

Postby ste faz » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:17 pm

Away days wrote:Has anyone managed to get a ticket to get into the bar before the game? Apparently they were giving them out to "regulars" .....

I've been a" regular"at home games for aeons but saw or heard nowt about them.
ste faz

Postby Charlie Magpie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:19 pm

I called at a very busy Victory Park this morning to pick up a programme. The place was buzzing with activity, the car park inside the ground has been swamped with broadcasting vehicles, the social club looks like a film studio ready for the second round draw at 7.00pm and the office phone was none-stop with latecomers trying to secure a ticket. However, no joy for anyone who hasn't already got their ticket, this game is a sell-out and we could probably have shifted another 500+ tickets judging by the response.

A massive, massive day for our football club and an absolute dream-come-true for CFC supporters who stuck by the club throughout the hard times over the last 15 or 20 years.

The streets around the ground are already congested so think about parking away from the ground and using the park and ride service provided.
From the club's OWS
'Please note our car park is now full - although we’ll have a park and ride scheme from Asda and Morrisons between 6pm and 10.30pm. Our coach providers Avacab will provide a free shuttle bus service which will collect from both car parks and drop off at regular intervals to Ashby Street and Duke Street. Those parking at Morrisons must remove vehicles by 10.30pm when the gates close.'

Also, in order to secure your favourite vantage point on the terraces, BE EARLY, BE VERY, VERY EARLY!! It would be a pity to miss the first 5 minutes, due to queueing, and Marcus Carver's first two goals!!

ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THIS EVENING'S MATCH, ONE TO REMEMBER AND REMENISCE ABOUT IN YEARS TO COME!

COME ON THE MAGPIES!!
Charlie Magpie

Postby andrewa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Great scene setting description CM of what will be a terrific historic night no matter what the outcome! COYM! :)
andrewa

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:54 pm

It was a sell out but the attendance was 3,526 :roll:
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby magpie1875 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:42 am

Ian Livesey wrote:It was a sell out but the attendance was 3,526 :roll:

4100 is the unsegregated capacity, the far corner was virtually empty due to how the 'soft-segregation' works. I believe 3560 tickets were printed and sold so 24 didn't turn up.
magpie1875

Postby mike1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:10 pm

magpie1875 wrote:
Ian Livesey wrote:It was a sell out but the attendance was 3,526 :roll:

4100 is the unsegregated capacity, the far corner was virtually empty due to how the 'soft-segregation' works. I believe 3560 tickets were printed and sold so 24 didn't turn up.

Great atmosphere last night and wonderful to see the Duke Street end packed out with such enthusiastic support. Credit to everyone involved at the club in the staging of such a big occasion which from my vantage-point seemed to run very smoothly. Just felt the Cod Army was somewhat under-strength on the terraces. My first concern beforehand was that the team should put up a good show. I wasn't fully prepared for the assured performance which followed and the composure shown in keeping Fleetwood quiet for so much of the match. Our admirable defence mopped up everything so that the loan keeper didn't have a save to make until well into the second half. I really felt that we were going to hold onto the lead and it was such a pity after so resolute a display that we should concede two soft goals in the last 13 minutes. The shocking tackle on Jake was a game-changer: given his injury he should surely have come off as he was struggling understandably to play his full part. Fleetwood's fresh legs proved decisive in my view but I'm sure that Matt Urwin would have prevented the equaliser which took an age to drop into the net off the far post. Still, everyone should be very proud of a great night for Chorley Football Club despite the undeserved result.
mike1

Postby Prodigal son » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Terrific performance last night from all the lads, great credit to them all and MJ and his team and all back room staff etc, gutted about the result but a great advert for the club going forward. Things do seem to be going in the right direction on and off the field.
Just a question, where was Adam Roscoe last night, injured?, he didn't even make the bench which rather hampered us especially with Dale missing as that meant we only had Jarvo and Black available for midfield, whilst I have huge respect for Jarvo as a player he is not exactly the ball winning midfielder that would have been needed last night to get fresh legs, think this might have been costly but a brilliant night all round, except for the result. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Paul Brennan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Prodigal son wrote:Terrific performance last night from all the lads, great credit to them all and MJ and his team and all back room staff etc, gutted about the result but a great advert for the club going forward. Things do seem to be going in the right direction on and off the field.
Just a question, where was Adam Roscoe last night, injured?, he didn't even make the bench which rather hampered us especially with Dale missing as that meant we only had Jarvo and Black available for midfield, whilst I have huge respect for Jarvo as a player he is not exactly the ball winning midfielder that would have been needed last night to get fresh legs, think this might have been costly but a brilliant night all round, except for the result. COYM

Totally agree PS -a travesty of a result but in all other respects, a great night. Saw Adam at the end in a tracksuit.

On another point, comment on Facebook about a reliance on loanees being problematic. Yet listening to the BT commentary (watched my recording this morning!) there was reference to Fleetwood players loaned from Huddersfielld and Burnley -and I'll bet there are more -it's all part of the game today.
Good to see Darr given a chance -first of many I hope -and if the under 21's progress, less of a need to loan.
Paul Brennan

Postby toploader999 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Roscoe slipped disc
toploader999

Postby Soapbox » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Does anyone know if CFC are planning to sell replica shirts or the actual ones worn in the Fleetwood game?
Soapbox

Postby charnock1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:52 pm

You've made a fair point there Soapy - the reason I say that is because
AFC Fylde have made available for sale a small number of limited edition commemorative shirts as will be worn by their players in
their historic FA cup tie with Wigan - £35
charnock1

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Soapbox wrote:Does anyone know if CFC are planning to sell replica shirts or the actual ones worn in the Fleetwood game?

I'd buy one
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC