Colne

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Colne

Postby andrewa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:45 pm

A big chance for some youngsters to make a name for themselves.
andrewa

Re: Colne

Postby man in the stand » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Reduced admission prices for this one?
man in the stand

Postby chewy380 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:21 pm

£6 & £3
chewy380

Postby mark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 pm

I think the crowd tonight was 318. They were subjected to a very poor display from Chorley, but lifted by a valiant effort from Colne. The visitors were outclassed in the first half, but Chorley could not convert any of the numerous chances created. Once Black and Roscoe tired and were withdrawn, Colne took the upper hand. They deservedly took the lead through Curran who was given time and space to finish from the penalty spot thanks to an excellent cross. They should have scored a second but were denied by a goal line clearance. Jason Walker came on to pep things up, and we finally built some pressure.

Pratt was impeded in the act of shooting and a penalty was given, much to the annoyance of the visitors. Nick Haughton finished hard and low, and the push for victory was on. Walker was working hard, and he was the beneficiary when a long ball beat the last defender. The keeper sent him wide, where he turned and curled the ball into the far corner. It was a stylish goal, entirely out of keeping with the performance.

Bamber Bridge await in the next round. Congratulations to Colne for an excellent performance which merited a victory.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Prodigal son » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:16 pm

Chorley totally dominated the game for an hour, but as per the story of the season so far although we should have been at least 3 up at half time, the game was still goalless. Many positives for me, Roscoe got a much needed hour as did Ian Black, who looked impressive and seemed to be instantly on the same wavelength as Nick Haughton. Not unsurprisingly the game swung towards Colne as Rosoe and Black tired and were replaced. Also impressed with Declan Evans at CB alongside Kieran Charnock, though again, unsurprisingly both tired in the second half and then Evans had to go off with an injury, Anson moved from RB to CB and Challenor came on. Harry Pratt also did very well and will have learned a lot from this game, yes he should have scored on a couple of occasions but he is a strong lad and with a bit more composure and experience will be an asset. Jordan Darr got another 30 minutes or so and was involved in the incident that lead to the penalty, not able to see from my vantage point but it did look a soft penalty. Nick Haughton took control and slotted home, finally in the 93rd minute Walker, after failing to beat the keeper one on one was good enough to slot home from a wide angle as he managed to retain the ball.
Also good to see Dale Whitham training before the game because in my view he has been sorely missed over the last few weeks.
As I said at the start, lots of positives for me from this game, onwards now to Stuckport. COYM!
Prodigal son

Return to Chorley FC