We aren't the only one with problems

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

We aren't the only one with problems

Postby petermarkcraig » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:34 pm

Ray Wilkins, in a car park, at The Den, after Millwall have lost again, surrounded by irate Millwall fans, being grilled by them, Ray fighting his corner, the fans getting the ars e, why aren't all footy tv interviews this good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbWIoTKW_Lg
petermarkcraig
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:20 pm

Peter, the line "not a penny to spend, and we got relegated" doesn't exactly fills me with confidence about our plight :(
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Bridlington Town 1-9 Stocksbridge Park Steels

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:12 am

Carrying on from the "we're not the only ones in trouble" bit. It's interesting to see Bridlington Town, one of our closest rivals in the league table, getting well and truly hammered 9-1 by Stocksbridge tonight.

Brid had 2 men sent off, and were 6-1 down at half time. Also, there was a competitor for the fastest hat-trick of the season. ??? Bernard (dont know his first name, sorry) scoring 3 goals in the space of 4 second-half minutes to complete the rout
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Re: Bridlington Town 1-9 Stocksbridge Park Steels

Postby mike » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:01 pm

[quote="Ian Livesey"]Carrying on from the "we're not the only ones in trouble" bit. It's interesting to see Bridlington Town, one of our closest rivals in the league table, getting well and truly hammered 9-1 by Stocksbridge tonight.

Must have been a shock to Stocksbridge fans at first to see the scoreline printed the wrong way round both on teletext and in this morning's papers! The good news for Chorley is that at the moment there are two teams at least as unsuccessful as ourselves, so it gives us hope that, with games in hand too, we can climb clear by winning a couple of matches. I'm told on returning from holiday that the signs are a little better. While I'm on the forum, well done, Peter, on a superb letter in the 'Guardian' which says exactly what needs to be said at this dificult time.
mike

Postby petermarkcraig » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:50 pm

Thanks Mike
petermarkcraig
Site Admin

Postby dave hindle » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:03 pm

For what it is worth, according to the Stocksbridge website his name is Curtis Bernard and not Saint as I thought!

There may actually be a bit of a 'benefit' from last night's result for ourselves. Bridlington had two players sent off - one was the goalkeeper - so there is a very good chance that when they come to Victory Park at the end of October both these guys will be suspended. On the Stocksbridge website they were speculating whether this 9-1 scoreline was a Northern Premier League / Unibond League record away win. I seem to remember us winning 9-1 away at Caernarfon many years ago, but can't recall whether that was in this league or the old Cheshire League? It might even have been 9-0? Anybody with a more reliable memory than me able to elucidate?

Finally, as tomorrow is the first Thursday in October, is there a Supporters' Club meeting and if so is it in the Club at the usual time of 8.00 p.m.? I've missed the last few and I'm a bit out of touch.
dave hindle

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:58 pm

No idea if there is a meeting, Dave, as I'm not the secretary anymore.
But doubt it is going to be held in the club as they wont open it as "there isn't enough numbers" to justify it opening.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Julie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:09 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:No idea if there is a meeting, Dave, as I'm not the secretary anymore.
But doubt it is going to be held in the club as they wont open it as "there isn't enough numbers" to justify it opening.

http://www.magpiesinspace.co.uk/forumne ... .php?t=132

Dont know if the above link that Geoff posted applies to the Supporters Club meeting too????
Julie

Postby Magpie in Exile » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:05 am

As stated on other threads, Magpie the Elder saw Bridlington 3 times while on holiday there (the last away to Stocksbridge on the way home). His comment was generally that they were poor. "wouldn't score if they played until Christmas"

Chorley beat Workington 9-0 at home during their championship season and I think it was 9-0 away to Caernarfon a couple of seasons before that. Both were at the time Unibond records.
Magpie in Exile

Return to Other Football Chat