Michael Jackson isn't dead. He's playing for Marine

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Michael Jackson isn't dead. He's playing for Marine

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:32 pm

From the Unibond site...

UniBond Premier League Marine have announced the signing, on contract, of experienced defender Michael Jackson who joins from Caernarfon Town from the Welsh Premier League.

Jackson, 29, as a full time professional, played a key role in the title winning TNS side that won the Welsh Premier League in seasons in 2005/6 and 2006/7. This was his second spell at TNS. A successful period in the Icelandic first division for FC Prottur followed before joining Caernarfon Town early in 2009. He has played in two Uefa Champions League ties for TNS against Liverpool in 2005 and MyPa-47 from Finland in 2006. Liverpool born Jackson won another Welsh league title earlier for Rhyl in 2003/4 after joining from Southport and his career in Wales also included a spell at Welshpool Town.

Marine Chairman Paul Leary said, "This is a big name signing for Marine and is well timed as the new season approaches. Michael is a proven winner and has been an important player helping both Rhyl and TNS to win league titles. He will be an influential player in our team and I am absolutely thrilled that he has joined us. He will make a real difference and will undoubtedly strengthen our defence."

Marine Manager Kevin Lynch added, "This is another fantastic signing, which adds to the spine of the team. I have been trying really hard to sign Michael and him choosing Marine ahead of other clubs in higher divisions shows how we as a club are moving forward. Michael will bring with him leadership qualities that will inspire players around him."
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby reco » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:15 pm

Ian he might be a diffrent jacko cause there was one who use to play for PNE and it is a common name
reco

Postby Jue » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:19 pm

I'm going to have to contain myself here. Maybe he will get bored.
Jue

Return to Other Football Chat